Dicker interview

skygod

10 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

I really like Dicker I think over last two seasons he’s been one of our best players and is integral in how we played under Clarke.

I feel he never took to Angelo and there’s is certainly behind the scenes drama gone on.

No need to come out in the press as it looks petty when it’s quite apparent due to various people bringing it up that all wasn’t great

He had to come out as the captain. Too many stories for there to be no response 

There’s something not quite sitting right with me about that article. Things may not have been as extreme as some have made out but there has definitely been a number of issues within the playing staff since the summer. I know he is much maligned on here at times but IMO we are missing the dominant force that was Boyd in the dressing room. Dicker is the captain but I’m not 100% sure he is the leader the dressing room needs. He amongst others seems to be in a permanent huff at the moment. He might not have agreed with AA or his methods but a leader can make sure a dressing room gave it their all. I’m not sure this was the case

I said in the summer that Gary Dicker wouldn’t have been my choice as captain. Leads by example as a player but being club captain is a whole lot more than that.

I don’t think he has shown much leadership in that interview, other than backing his pals.

I don’t think we should re-write history though. It’s only three weeks ago that the forum was awash with praise for his performances. He’s had a very good season up until a few weeks ago and he was one of the few who really played well post-CQN. Dug us out.

Edited by NorfolkG

31 minutes ago, 18yardhero said:

Some of the chat on here is pathetic. Whispering campaign against Alessio by some of our most well known fans and he ends up sacked then people act shocked. Next the board get it for either appointing him in the first place or bagging him, either way they are useless and not up to the task according to many of our “supporters”. Now the team captain, fed up with all the fake news and people trying to stir things up hits back and says there was no player revolt, our reaction? Slaughter him as well. Get a grip you big weans and realise that all this made up stuff is contributing more to our mediocre season than an unusual managerial appointment ever did. Support the club and stop acting like entitled old firm fans, we have to fight for anything we achieve and the best way to do that is together, not ripping into all and sundry, the tabloids are there to do that.

Spot on!

Following on from the way Fowler and Dyer skirted away from giving actual details and only supplied safe answers last week then stuck to a similar line whatever the question about AA and events ....not sure why folk are surprised Dicker would not give out too much detail.......perhaps all staff at the club have been briefed on what is allowed to be publicly discussed ?

will be interesting if anymore details are supplied by the club even at the AGM .....

Dicker a good bloke, a great player and an inspirational captain.  And I don’t think for a second that anybody was not trying in any game this season. Players try every game. Everyone of them. But I don’t believe that player discontent did not have a key role in the sacking. All the comments or lack of strongly suggest this. He’s naturally trying to put a lid on things.

Good to see him Aiming for best of the rest. If not this season. 

7 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Dicker a good bloke, a great player and an inspirational captain.  And I don’t think for a second that anybody was not trying in any game this season. Players try every game. Everyone of them. But I don’t believe that player discontent did not have a key role in the sacking. All the comments or lack of strongly suggest this. He’s naturally trying to put a lid on things.

Good to see him Aiming for best of the rest. If not this season. 

I agree with all of that. I do think he should have taken a leaf out of Fowler’s book though and said these things are internal matters.

58 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

So slaughter fans calling them names then saying we need to stick together in the next sentence.

"Big weans" is hardly slaughtering them. The problem is that in the absence of an real explanation from the board as to why AA was sacked, the gap in information is being filled in by heresay and rumour. 

Edited by Wrangodog

Just now, Karl said:

It's baffling to me that the board have decided all this entirely predictable speculation and blaming was preferable to just giving a reason. Makes me even more curious what the real reason was.

Why do people feel that they need to be told the reason. AA has gone we as fans could not affect that decision it is history and we all need to move on. Live in the past if you wish I intend to look forward.

24 minutes ago, superfan said:

Why do people feel that they need to be told the reason. AA has gone we as fans could not affect that decision it is history and we all need to move on. Live in the past if you wish I intend to look forward.

People want to know because it’s not obvious. We’ve known why most of the previous managers have gone and it’s provided a degree of clarity. At the moment it’s as clear as mud. Was it players, results, a fall out with the board, taking us in the wrong direction? Without a bit of clarity it’s in danger of driving a wedge between different sections of the club and support. 

Here's a fact a killie legend said the worst man manager he ever played for was the one who won our club its greatest honour to date and it's all about the players once they go on the park not the manager and all you need is a rub of the green and a wee bit of luck no matter who you are playing.