Sevco Match Fred

stewarty66

Credit to the work rate and our defensive shape at times .....plus players giving their all 

.BUT with out obvious lack of quality in the final third we will always struggle no matter what selection is made......on these forums in recent times been criticism of keeper and supposedly lack of application by some players

BUT the poor recruitment during the summer has been our major disadvantage .....creatively we are one of the poorest teams in the league 

Edited by Scouser2

Killie sacked their manager with no forward plan in place. As in the summer the board have been asleep at the wheel. No one seems to be coming forward with explanations. The window opens next week and we have no manager in place to get in the players we require. No real surprise there though as the board did the exact same in the summer.  

I only caught brief snippets of the game due to work. The attitude and commitment were there but lacked in quality more so in forward areas. 

We really need to improve the attack in the window as a matter of urgency. I hope there are now deals done ready to be announced. 

Again we see the pointless signing Sow is. Two games in a row we are 1-0 down in the last ten with a recognised striker on the bench who is overlooked. He should be an option even it’s just hitting him OMG and trying to pick up scraps. 

5 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Beat st mirren, sign some players in the window and at least appoint a manager til May.

Use the queens park and celtic games as a free hit and pick up the pace from there. 

January is a HUGE month for us.

The board has made this much harder for us than it had to by sacking a manager and having no one ready to replace him. Hiring Dyer after him saying he has no interest in applying, but will listen if he's made an offer, would make us look amateur.

8 minutes ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

The Queens Park game is not a free hit. The cup is massive for Killie but I expect the incumbents in our board to treat it a a free hit like they did in our European disaster. If we go into that game without proper peroration they should all be chased out. 

Meant a free hit as in we should be going through no problem. I'm as desperate for a cup run as anyone.

Poor Rangers team. Under Clarke we would have taken a point at least. We lacked belief. The team selection echoed that. Having said that we defended well apart from the goal.

Massive transfer window ahead if we are to build upon the last 24 months. Creativity is absolutely essential. Get a a manager in early and let him build a team

Nightmare for me would be a managerial appontment in mid January. Get it done and lets move forwards. Back 4, Dicker Power and Burke are great platform to build on. Lets sort the other 4 positions and we'll be back challenging 

12 minutes ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

Killie sacked their manager with no forward plan in place. As in the summer the board have been asleep at the wheel.

It's almost like they woke up one morning and decided to sack Alessio. 

Do they think the transfer window applies to managers too, or did they genuinely not have any plan in place?

I've said before I'd expect the club to have some forward planning in place, regularly updated, with potential management targets.  We know we are, based on the last few years, going to have to replace managers every couple of years at the most, so why not have a list with names in different categories, eg Up and Coming, Steady Eddies, Outside Bets? 

It would make life a lot easier if they had some inkling as to what they will do if they have to pull the trigger, or the SFA comes calling. 

Hard one to take, although we never laid a glove on them the whole game, the goal was offside. Watched it on the big screen replay and it was off. We just look like we could play forever and not score. On the plus side the application was good and everyone put in a shift, why we have been left so short upfront I don't know, Alessio never addressed it or was he just not backed by the board either way it's going to be a hard watch until it is by Dyer/ Fowler or a new Manager.

18 minutes ago, skygod said:

I've said before I'd expect the club to have some forward planning in place, regularly updated, with potential management targets. 

From Killie? Really? You been drinking too much I think from Xmas. No chance we would be that organised. Piss up and brewery spring to mind 

53 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Beat st mirren, sign some players in the window and at least appoint a manager til May.

Use the queens park and celtic games as a free hit and pick up the pace from there. 

January is a HUGE month for us.

After the Nomads defeat i no longer take any game for granted. 

1 hour ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

Killie sacked their manager with no forward plan in place. As in the summer the board have been asleep at the wheel. No one seems to be coming forward with explanations. The window opens next week and we have no manager in place to get in the players we require. No real surprise there though as the board did the exact same in the summer.  

So James Fowler being appointed to be in charge of recruitment will have no impact in getting the players we require?

27 minutes ago, KillkieBoab said:

So James Fowler being appointed to be in charge of recruitment will have no impact in getting the players we require?

We'll all need to wait and see if he will or won't..... that said, not sure where the believe that Fowler it the saviour to the clubs problems comes from all the same.......but as I said we'll need to wait and see.....