VAR again

Nobody

VAR and the ref once again making a mockery of football. Balbuena launches a ball 50 yards up the line while moving forward, losing his standing foot in the process and catches Chilwell on the calf during his follow through and gets red carded after half a dozen slo mo replays at the side of the park! How have we reached this point? Unless he defies physiology, his foot must move through the path of the ball when kicking it with force. It’s football!! We lambast the std of refs up here, but English ones are worse nowadays (and full time!)

7 minutes ago, casual observer said:

VAR and the ref once again making a mockery of football. Balbuena launches a ball 50 yards up the line while moving forward, losing his standing foot in the process and catches Chilwell on the calf during his follow through and gets red carded after half a dozen slo mo replays at the side of the park! How have we reached this point? Unless he defies physiology, his foot must move through the path of the ball when kicking it with force. It’s football!! We lambast the std of refs up here, but English ones are worse nowadays (and full time!)

Agreed  the EPLs use of Var has been nothing short of farcical.  Its almost as of they've decided to deliberately f**k it up so they can bin it.  That's how badly used it has been.  Not used when it should and then using to see if someone's Nipple is in front of someone's big toe.amd giving offside.

Utter shambles.

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Nothing wrong with VAR IMO. 

I have never said VAR is bad, how the EPL has USED it has in the main been horrifically managed.  Some howling decisions, and non decisions.

IF its used properly and applied when it should then it can and would be a great benefit to rhe game and the officials.

But in the EPL is an enormous if.

4 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

See when @Bonbon19 said Chelsea don’t have anyone to fear, did he mean not including arsenal and Leicester aye?

Second best squad in the prem and a top manager he said so I’m confused as to what’s happening to his team. 

We had nobody to fear in the Champions League is what is said, and you’ll need to remind me when I said we had the 2nd best squad ? 
And Leicester...didn’t they beat Liverpool ? 
Not many managers get to 2 consecutive CL finals , so on that score I’m fairly safe . 
I’ve told TT to keep his players fresh for the CL final and confining Liverpool to the also fans trophy . 

1 hour ago, Zorro said:

Good to see the VAR guys giving Man Utd fans a couple of welcome home presents tonight. Anyone want to guess which minute Fernandes will get his customary penalty?

You need to watch the whole game, before talking pish. VAR got both goals right, and Cavannis finish was superb.

United old failing of not taking their chances amd putting games beyond teams they should hump,  bit them on the arse tonight.

19 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

You need to watch the whole game, before talking pish. VAR got both goals right, and Cavannis finish was superb.

United old failing of not taking their chances amd putting games beyond teams they should hump,  bit them on the arse tonight.

Take the red tinted specs off. Cavani was miles offside and Fernandes should’ve seen red. I was surprised he didn’t get a penalty though. 

What's all the more frustrating now is referees having the leeway to make incorrect decisions with the knowledge that if its clear and obviously wrong then var will overturn it anyway but if its just wrong then the decision will stand as if they got it right in the first place. I know, I can't get my head around those words reading it back either.

Talking Cancelo red v Brighton. Never a foul.

32 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Ole still the man?

United only had 1 more shot on target than the team they should hump.