Buddies away, Fred

CB

Dyer has blown his chance. Acceptable to lose to Motherwell and Sevco, but no goals in three games and a loss to St. Mirren is unacceptable. Not enough quality in the side, Thomas, Wilson, Millar, Sow, and Jackson, aren't good enough. Get Kiltie and Frizzell off the wage bill too, they've had their chance and aren't doing anything at a lower level. Complete rebuild of an ageing squad required. 

3 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

Aye it'll be fine O.o

Hopefully it will be but we have to accept our situation and everything that has contributed to it since the CQN game not where any of us wanted to be after the highs of last season but the last thing we need to do now is throw the baby out with the bathwater let's stick together off the park in the hope things will improve on it.

1 minute ago, Bbk said:

Hopefully it will be but we have to accept our situation and everything that has contributed to it since the CQN game not where any of us wanted to be after the highs of last season but the last thing we need to do now is throw the baby out with the bathwater let's stick together off the park in the hope things will improve on it.

We are on a downward spiral at the moment and have completely ballsed it up ever since SC walked out the door. Board are looking clueless about what to do, management team look clueless at how to change it on the park. 

'Let's just hope it gets better' isn't really much of a solution

46 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

The more I see the more I think they are right. El Mek should have been playing today. Millen should never be starting for a Killie side. No change in tactics or clear plan. Dicker mistakes tended to come from having absolutely no one to pass to and a team with no idea what it was doing. 

Complete sympathy with Dicker today. Branescu heading the ball out to keep up Saints pressure when he could have easily caught it... Dicker absolutely right to go mental. 

El Mak was beyond woeful when he came on. That said only the keeper got pass marks. 

Your points are spot on and very valid but unless any of us have spare millions to invest in helping our club buy a full new team of players in this transfer window we are just going to hope things can get better over the next few months with a few good additions to help out the ones who will still be here.

4 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Your points are spot on and very valid but unless any of us have spare millions to invest in helping our club buy a full new team of players in this transfer window we are just going to hope things can get better over the next few months with a few good additions to help out the ones who will still be here.

Too many going through the motions because they know their position is safe. Whether you rated the likes of Tshibola, Scott Boyd, McDonald, McAleny, Kris Boyd their very presence was keeping the regulars on their toes and when they came into the team they did a job and could usually justify an extended run. At the moment no ones position is really under real threat. A decent transfer window could find a few on a shoogly peg

The problems on the pitch in today’s game were the same problems we had at end of last season which the sh#t show of the summer recruitment patently failed to address .......

Lack of creativity in midfield , lack of goals from midfield and wide areas and maybe the most importantly the lack of even adequate quality strikers ......yes we could do with a better keeper and maybe a defender BUT no matter how strong a team is at defending ..IF you cannot even on average to score one goal a game you are going to struggle badly....and other teams will soon suss you out 

Edited by Scouser2

1 minute ago, Scouser2 said:

The problems on the pitch in today’s game were the same problems we had at end of last season which the sh#t show of the summer recruitment patently failed to address .......

Lack of creativity in midfield , lack of goals from midfield and wide areas and maybe the most importantly the lack of even adequate quality strikers ......yes we could do with a better keeper and maybe a defender BUT no matter how strong a team is at defending ..IF you cannot even on average to score one goal a game you are going to struggle badly....and other teams will soon suss you out 

I think your being too kind with that. On top of the problems you’ve listed we failed to do the simple stuff right. Struggled to pass to team mates. Turning into trouble. Fear of space on the park. Poor decision making on the ball. Poor technical ability trying to control the ball or make a pass.

21 minutes ago, Burghktid said:

El Mak was beyond woeful when he came on. That said only the keeper got pass marks. 

He only got 15 minutes to be fair to him.

The keeper made a good save from the header and from the free kick (which was a lot harder than the Motherwell one). He also failed to let the ball run out for a goal kick and instead thought it'd be wise to try and run about the box with it. He also headed a ball that was coming at him from 50 yards away instead of catching it (don't say it was a passback)

2 minutes ago, piffer said:

I think your being too kind with that. On top of the problems you’ve listed we failed to do the simple stuff right. Struggled to pass to team mates. Turning into trouble. Fear of space on the park. Poor decision making on the ball. Poor technical ability trying to control the ball or make a pass.

Taking a step back ..all that has become more apparent in the last month or so ...up to then we looked “ok” in that we kept in most games and got some results mainly by keeping things tight and compact ....but was so obvious all season we struggled going forward .......and also obvious opposing Managers started to see that .....and unlike last season was no need to worry about us having a Jones, Mulumbu, Stewart or even Boyd and doubling up to stop our attacks ...now teams know their defence can handle our attacks far more easily 

9 minutes ago, piffer said:

100%

And all the stranger, they actually did a lot of that quite well against Motherwell, which makes the collapse today all the more baffling. 

Thught young Wilson showed no fear today, Yes he was slack with some passes , But always looking to get the ball and always showing for a pass. At least he did not hide. Played very few games so we should not be to critical as he has not played at this level before. We should not judge a younger player the same as an experienced player they will show enthusiasm but that will come with a lack of consistency and perhaps poor decision making, Until they level up.

Millen i feel is a fullback and not an attacking fullback imo. He did not look comfortable pushing forward and his awearness of when to press and when to stand off was not great. But again lack of games at this level.

Just now, Bigdaw said:

Thught young Wilson showed no fear today, Yes he was slack with some passes , But always looking to get the ball and always showing for a pass. At least he did not hide. Played very few games so we should not be to critical as he has not played at this level before. We should not judge a younger player the same as an experienced player they will show enthusiasm but that will come with a lack of consistency and perhaps poor decision making, Until they level up.

Millen i feel is a fullback and not an attacking fullback imo. He did not look comfortable pushing forward and his awearness of when to press and when to stand off was not great. But again lack of games at this level.

Sorry mate i thought wilson was awful and i was really willing him to play well

5 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

Millen is a junior level fullback. 

Reminds me of Ross Barbour. 

49 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

I agree 100% but how is that Dyer's fault. He has only been in charge for 3 games.l 

It isn't his fault, but we can't just hope that things will improve with AD in charge. Maybe three games isn't enough but no points and no goals hasn't made a case for him being appointed. We surely have to go for somebody with management experience this time. Can the board make the right choice, not confident that they can. 

1 hour ago, gdevoy said:

I agree 100% but how is that Dyer's fault. He has only been in charge for 3 games.

Today I was sitting just behind the dugout and had a very close view of Dyer all game. Even based on the 90 minutes today I wouldn't give him the managers job in a million years. He stood with his hands in his pockets all game (something I know Killie fans are fond of) and made no attempt to communicate with the players during the match, giving no instructions, no guidance, not even a bit of vocal encouragement.

He barely spoke to any of the substitutes when they came on and on a number of occasions we had players looking towards the dugout wondering where they were supposed to be and what they were supposed to be doing eg Miller at their corner just before half time.

We were already being outplayed in the middle of the park but after McKenzie went off it was even worse. I thought he would addres this at halftime but unbelievably the section no half was even worse. There was no structure and no organisation at all. But for some decent saves and some terrible finishing it could easily have been 3 or 4. A very average St Mirren team created chance after chance.

Goodwin was at the third official arguing decisions and putting pressure on him from the start, he was talking to his team throughout the game and there was nothing from Dyer. He looked like a man who didn't want to be there and didn't know what to do. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't at the club when the games start again after the break. 

Edited by historyman

Hard to take a single positive from that game. The worst performance of the season by far. Those who were glad to see the back of Alessio because of our lack of an attacking threat should perhaps reflect on just how many gilt edged chances we conceded to the second lowest scoring team in the league. At least first of all Alessio made us hard to beat. Today we could easily have lost four and would have had no room for complaint. It was a total shambles with the team lacking any shape or organisation whatsoever. 

11 minutes ago, historyman said:

Today I was sitting just behind the dugout and had a very close view of Dyer all game. Even based on the 90 minutes today I wouldn't give him the managers job in a million years. He stood with his hands in his pockets all game (something I know Killie fans are fond of) and made no attempt to communicate with the players during the match, giving no instructions, no guidance, not even a bit of vocal encouragement.

He barely spoke to any of the substitutes when they came on and on a number of occasions we had players looking towards the dugout wondering where they were supposed to be and what they were supposed to be doing eg Miller at their corner just before half time.

We were already being outplayed in the middle of the park but after McKenzie went off it was even worse. I thought he would addres this at halftime but unbelievably the section no half was even worse. There was no structure and no organisation at all. But for some decent saves and some terrible finishing it could easily have been 3 or 4. A very average St Mirren team created chance after chance.

Goodwin was at the third official arguing decisions and putting pressure on him from the start, he was talking to his team throughout the game and there was nothing from Dyer. He looked like a man who didn't want to be there and didn't know what to do. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't at the club when the games start again after the break. 

I was close to dugout and saw it in the same way.

Alex Dyer has been brilliant for us. SC commented on it and valued him enough to offer him a job with the national team. But he’s no manager.

His demeanour pitch-side was totally passive. Managers don’t need to be all arms and spittle if the performance is good - but we were dreadful today. 

For me, his lack of suitability was encapsulated by the McKenzie change. We set up and (I assume) drilled the 4-5-1. McKenzie gets a knock and he sticks Sow up there and changes formation. Baffling.

Edited by NorfolkG

45 minutes ago, Big sexy said:

Sorry mate i thought wilson was awful and i was really willing him to play well

I thought he was very poor but no worse than anyone else. Dicker got the runaround from Magennis all game and we really missed McKenzie when he went off. The substitution by Dyer was a tactical mistake. They absolutely dominated the middle of the park. 

2 hours ago, mitch14 said:

They absolutely did. Dicker looked ashamed. Del Fabro held his hands up in apology. Rarely seen such an angry response from an away support. 

Aye the fans gave the players both barrels at FT. If I was a player I'd have been ashamed making my way to clap the fans after that disgraceful performance. I've never seen the support as angry as today, a lot of aggression towards the players.