Buddies away, Fred

CB

9 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Aye the fans gave the players both barrels at FT. If I was a player I'd have been ashamed making my way to clap the fans after that disgraceful performance. I've never seen the support as angry as today, a lot of aggression towards the players.

Im sure some of that was based on the view, rightly or wrongly, you got what you wanted and that’s what you deliver. We thought things were supposed to get better, not a lot worse. 

11 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Aye the fans gave the players both barrels at FT. If I was a player I'd have been ashamed making my way to clap the fans after that disgraceful performance. I've never seen the support as angry as today, a lot of aggression towards the players.

Last time was probably st mirren the end of the jim jefferies era

1 minute ago, Big sexy said:

Last time was probably st mirren the end of the jim jefferies era

That was indeed a day of 'anger', and of course turned out to be Jefferies last game. Think there is a lot of disillusion still around about sacking a manager without a clear plan in place this time.

24 minutes ago, historyman said:

I thought he was very poor but no worse than anyone else. Dicker got the runaround from Magennis all game and we really missed McKenzie when he went off. The substitution by Dyer was a tactical mistake. They absolutely dominated the middle of the park. 

Usually when Rory gets subbed Dom Thomas replaces him. 

Today's substitution perplexed me. 

2 minutes ago, historyman said:

Big change from losing 3-0 at home and applauding the players of the pitch. There were no signs of the positivity we saw that night on evidence today. 

For me there has been a wedge between the players and support since Nomads. Today was breaking point in that. For long periods the support was split was it the players or managers fault. The managers gone and the players haven’t stepped up. The support was united in displeasure today. 

All of us at the game today made our feelings clear at the final whistle and if the players have any pride at all they will pull their finger out starting with Queens Park.

Alex Dyer is not the man for the managers job and his lack of touchline presence was evident today when he failed to offer any motivational or coaching guidance to the team drowning in their own self pity.

Stuart Findlay is a class apart in this team and his absence has been nothing short of catastrophic.  Millen, Millar, Sow, El Makrini, Branescu, are not good enough and O'Donnell /  Dicker are being linked to disruption we can do without,  I think McKenzie gives everything for the team and does not deserve the disrespect he gets from some of us on this forum, Things got worse today when he left injured.  Brophy is our striker - God help us. 

We need a manager now, a right back, a central defender, two wide midfielders, a number 10 and a striker who scores even the occasional goal.   Not much to ask!

Billy Bowie needs our support so let's be careful not to kill the golden goose and bring the whole house down.

Queens Park up next ---- oh they are part timers for the moment so nothing to worry about there. " Mae pel-droed Cymru yn sbwriel" 

40 minutes ago, piffer said:

For me there has been a wedge between the players and support since Nomads. Today was breaking point in that. For long periods the support was split was it the players or managers fault. The managers gone and the players haven’t stepped up. The support was united in displeasure today. 

Nomads was of course a huge disappointment, especially for clowns like me who booked holidays but weren't smart enough to cover them with a wee side bet, but I had got over it and although some performances weren't great the results were mostly ok and I was thinking we could add a couple of players in January and we would be looking good for another top six finish. 

Then it was all change with the sacking of AA. It might never be proven but I still think that the players were a big part of that decision so you expect them to step up as you say. Given that things have got decidedly worse (conceding 19 shots at goal today!!) it's natural that they are firmly in the firing line.

If Gary Dicker doesn't like a sh*tshow then he certainly played a big part in one over the last couple of weeks culminating in a sh*tshow of a performance from him and his teammates today. 

Edited by historyman

Was no one in Norway, fans fighting amongst themselves.

Also remember Cowdenbeath away when Bobby Fleeting came on to terrace to face a mob, he was asked to punt his brother.

Times have been worse, but yes today was really bad, especially when players are supposed to be playing for the manager ?????

Edited by Andy

That was utterly dreadful - we had the look of a team in terminal decline today and there’s now no doubt for me that Dyer isn’t the man to take us forward. As others have said, you could really sense the anger among the support at the end. It was absolutely justified on this occasion. 

St Mirren are nothing special but they were everything we weren’t today. Total lack of hunger and desire from any of our players - can’t remember us winning a 2nd ball all game, which is so far from what we were like last season it’s unreal. I lost count of the number of times the ball fell to a St Mirren player with none of our guys within a 5 yard radius of them. These players need to get the finger out sharpish and realise that we are now in a relegation battle. Anyone thinking otherwise is deluded. 

2 hours ago, historyman said:

He l(Dyer) ooked like a man who didn't want to be there and didn't know what to do. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't at the club when the games start again after the break. 

Some if the original post related to the lack of quality on the pitch.

Just watched his post match interview and I feel you may be right with this statement.

Bowie got lucky with Steve Clarke, and it was the Killie Trust who identified him as the best candidate. 

His other two appointments as manager were both gone within eight months. 

I don't trust him to get it right this time either. If he could at least stay for the interview that would be a start though. 

4 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

Millen is a junior level fullback. 

Reminds me of Ross Barbour. 

Millen is horrendous. When SOD had a dip they were asking why he wasn’t getting a game. He’s p!sh. There’s a reason why players like Millen, Wilson, Frizzel, Thomas weren’t getting hardly any game time under SC, because they aren’t good enough! 

our current squad is awful. A massive overhaul that should have happened before the europa league match is needed in January