Answers and action needed now!

boydiesback

Just now, Ngonge88 said:

Hallelujah 

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt...'he needs a run of games' or 'he needs someone up with him' but he is just not very good. First touch is woeful can't control simple passes, doesn't have that instinct that puts him in the right positions in the box, shooting is rubbish. 

I hope he proves me wrong

4 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt...'he needs a run of games' or 'he needs someone up with him' but he is just not very good. First touch is woeful can't control simple passes, doesn't have that instinct that puts him in the right positions in the box, shooting is rubbish. 

I hope he proves me wrong

Me too mate. I've said all calendar year I wanted to be proved wrong by him but hes not even close to doing it.

He is a striker that couldn't get a game for Hamilton 

1 hour ago, Steppskillie said:

Its over to the Board now....a statement is required tomorrow stating what the current position regarding thoughts for a new manager are. Has the process begun. 

Unfortunately if AD is not applying fir the job I think with huge thanks for what he has done he should be leaving now. 

We are on the verge of wasting another transfer window. 

Spot on. Time to cut ties with the SC era, a fresh start is required. A statement from the club tomorrow to update the fans on the managerial situation.

58 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

The slight hope is that the Board and Fowler have been doing a lot of work behind the scenes and are close to finalising deals (perhaps they had to wait till the pre break games completed if person they wanted is in a job)

and in next couple of days announce a new Manager followed soon news of the first of some quality January additions to the first team 

The board haven't been doing any of that, they were hoping for a reaction and easy appointment with AD. I'm not sure the board have a clue what they are doing on  either the football or commercial side of the business.

14 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Me too mate. I've said all calendar year I wanted to be proved wrong by him but hes not even close to doing it.

He is a striker that couldn't get a game for Hamilton 

Have to agree. He's not shielding the ball, not making himself available, not running into space, not working in good areas. When he gets the ball, he runs head down has no idea where his team mates are. I'm not sure he is even a striker. I wanted it to work for him, but I'm not convinced he is good enough. I think we were set up 442 today, but didn't make a blind bit of difference for him. He's not even street wise enough to draw fouls, instead constantly penalised for shoves in the back. We can do better.

1 minute ago, skygod said:

A year ago it looked like Stewart was staying and we had an outside chance of winning the league. Seriously.

He left but we got Mulumbu and, even though results shaded off a bit, we did enough to hang on to third place. Magnificent. Europe, here we come!

Ever since the final day when Clarke said his heavily-trailed farewells, things have gone downhill. Strip delays, ticket fiascos, non-existent 150th celebration, highly risky management appointment, chief executive terminated, rubbish transfer window, Connah's Quay, rumours of mass transfer requests over the manager, Broadfoot and MacDonald banished, Taylor transferred,  Hibs Pen shoot-out, boring football culminating in Alessio being sacked without explanation or any apparent pressing need.

Six matches without a goal, five consecutive defeats and one win in eleven. "Clusterf**k" could have been invented for the past seven months. We are the whipping boys of the league. The soft touch who will be in the basement if the decline is not arrested.

It has to end NOW

Priority One - new manager in (and that means a New manager). 

Priority Two - deadwood out, including most of Alessio's signings and loans, and disaffected senior players.

Priority Three - quality signings in, even though it being January will result in a lot of the Taylor cash being splashed.

Too much complacency in the boardroom. too many promises of no repetition of their failings.

Actions speak louder than words. They took the plaudits last season and now the time has come to prove their mettle.

The fans deserve better.

If only it was that easy

On the one hand having lost Bachmann, Taylor, Broadfoot, (Findlay with longish term injury), Mulumbu, Jones, Stewart, Boyd, and McAlenay from the side which was high flying, in fairness, no team would easily move on from that. 

The replacements for these players in the shape of Larry, Niko, Del Fabro, Bruce, El Mak, Millar, St. Clair, Sow and Jackson, clearly are 'not as good as' each of the men they replaced.

A few months ago I admittedly thought 'okay, clearly weaker squad, but overall should still be a good enough set of players to finish above Hamilton/Ross County/St Johnstone/Livi etc. That would appear to not be the case, as each of these teams look capable of beating us now.

The players we lost being so hard to replace is a 'case for the defence' of us being where we are at the moment. (not going 6 games without even scoring mind you). However....

If Michael Johnson had overseen the shambles which has transpired since the summer folk would have been (rightly) outraged, and yes MJ was a disaster in terms of running the community/fans engagement side of things etc. But...things were meant to be 'different' now in that regard. No board of directors is perfect, but ours were handed the sort of opportunity which only comes along every 50 years or so. To have the club in a position of great strength, the 'golden' moment to seriously attract new fans on the back of a major feel good factor. To have kids walking around the town wearing Killie shirts rather than OF/Liverpool/Barca etc. To get them regularly attending RP. To have us, not perhaps 3rd every year, but genuinely challenging for Euro spots, not fearing the OF, and going on good cup runs.

However, the ship has sailed and we are back to square 1. Pretty much where we were just before Clarke came in. Ambition?....to stay in the League.

We have no 'right' to be up near the top of the League as others have often said, and that is true, but to have blown the best chance we have had of doing so...

I also accept that no club in the land keeps fans informed of every minute detail and machination of managerial appointments etc, however, we appear to have learned nada from the summer, and are going through the same motions again...hoping that AD will be the man, as he was such a good assistant, and having no Plan B if he isn't.

Edited by Jedi2

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

A year ago it looked like Stewart was staying and we had an outside chance of winning the league. Seriously.

He left but we got Mulumbu and, even though results shaded off a bit, we did enough to hang on to third place. Magnificent. Europe, here we come!

Ever since the final day when Clarke said his heavily-trailed farewells, things have gone downhill. Strip delays, ticket fiascos, non-existent 150th celebration, highly risky management appointment, chief executive terminated, rubbish transfer window, Connah's Quay, rumours of mass transfer requests over the manager, Broadfoot and MacDonald banished, Taylor transferred,  Hibs Pen shoot-out, boring football culminating in Alessio being sacked without explanation or any apparent pressing need.

Six matches without a goal, five consecutive defeats and one win in eleven. "Clusterf**k" could have been invented for the past seven months. We are the whipping boys of the league. The soft touch who will be in the basement if the decline is not arrested.

It has to end NOW

Priority Two - deadwood out, including most of Alessio's signings and loans, and disaffected senior players.

Priority Three - quality signings in, even though it being January will result in a lot of the Taylor cash being splashed.

Too much complacency in the boardroom. too many promises of no repetition of their failings.

Actions speak louder than words. They took the plaudits last season and now the time has come to prove their mettle.

The fans deserve better.

Best post ever on here. 100% agree with all of that. Just a pity the board will not give it one look

The way its being going, my expectation is that in about a weeks time (maybe longer), its announced that AD has got the job (until the end of the season). Then fast forward to the day when Jim White has to get his yellow tie out of the transfer window when we are scrabbling around about 9pm trying to get one or two loans arranged.

1 hour ago, skygod said:

It has to end NOW

Too much complacency in the boardroom, too many promises of no repetition of their failings.

The fans deserve better.

Excellent post... echoing how many of us feel imho.

1 hour ago, skygod said:

It has to end NOW

Too much complacency in the boardroom, too many promises of no repetition of their failings.

The fans deserve better.

A strong but fair summary. 

Surprised that the expectation level is so high. We have had over the years, apart from one or two instances, ineffectual Directors running the club. When SC was here he masked the current Boards lack of understanding of all things football and carried the Club on his back single handedly. He was as others point out a one off and took us to new heights. However we have now came crashing down to earth and are probably the most ineffectual goal scoring/goal creating team in the league. It seems strange that Fowler who is a novice in the role he was given was appointed. A hard bitten veteran who knows the market we operate in and what type of player we can afford would have been a better choice to support AA rather than a rookie. Without being a conspiracy theorist it looks like they took an unemployed journeyman ex-pro in to dish the dirt on AA to get rid of him for whatever reason which they have failed to explain albeit rumours abound. That would be all good and well if a succession plan was in place but everything about the Club smacks of haphazardness and based on the last few games AD had failed the audition. I truly hope that the Board step up but have grave doubts that they will. Certain players look as if they are playing for the exit door which is not necessarily a bad thing however we desperately need replacements plus new faces and the type of player we need maybe beyond our limited budget, whatever that is, in the January window. Will still be there when Queens Park come calling and sincerely hope a new regime is in place.

Edited by tanerba'Tam