Our support today ......

DrewWylie

12 hours ago, DrewWylie said:

Was horrendous , yes great numbers considering how s**t our players attitude and general performance goes , also the hardcore guys as usual are there but there’s too many one off away game folk who contribute f**k all to the atmosphere apart from tell you to sit down ,the support at iPox the other day with 700 real fans was superb , doesn’t help the team , mind you Jesus Christ himself couldn’t help this team 

Surely the reason for installing seats in football stadiums was to ensure people sat down to watch the games ( unless of course you are an infirm  fan) if not then all clubs have wastes a lot of money over the years or are you just pining for the good old days urine running down your legs and all that.

11 hours ago, killie89 said:

I don’t know what’s happened to make you so bitter, but you don’t ever seem to have a positive word to say about anyone or anything. You talk about “real fans” but continually boast on here about how you’ll never be back at Parkhead again, and by all accounts regularly walk away from games the minute the going gets tough. There’s other ways to support the team, besides behaving like an angry abusive arse.

Not to mention missing games when his big team down south are playing.  He's a feeble excuse for a "fan" even by his own measures.

23 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nonsense. 

Nothing to cheer on today. 

Was plenty to cheer on at ER and you left at 2-0 and the fans roared us on to graba point. 

Fans certainly not the problem today. 

Not by a f**king mile. 

Spoke to the guys who certainly go away more than we do , at half time and they said the same as I’m saying , you popping at me for leaving hibs at half time , if there was a pub near at st Mirren I’d been away then as well , I’ll say it again our away support mostly at these games is boring sit down folk 

2 minutes ago, DrewWylie said:

Spoke to the guys who certainly go away more than we do , at half time and they said the same as I’m saying , you popping at me for leaving hibs at half time , if there was a pub near at st Mirren I’d been away then as well , I’ll say it again our away support mostly at these games is boring sit down folk 

Uber fan!!!!

St. Mirren seem to get a lot of volume from a fairly small area of support, most of it driven by that bloody drum. It only really spread to the rest of that stand after the goal and near the end when it was clear they were going to win. The young lads in front of me (probably primary school age) were right into the singing and chanting at the start but after the goal that was silenced and only broke out again when we had a short period of pressure. No doubt ticketing our stand doesn't allow the singers to group together, but there isn't any option since we regularly sell out the stand and nobody wants to be at the front  because the view is crap. Guess the singers need to organise and buy their tickets right after they go on sale. 

1 hour ago, marie osmond said:

Anyone that thought our support got behind the team vocally in Paisley is kidding themselves.

I thought we started off getting behind the team but the volume quickly reduced when it became clear that it was going to be yet another lifeless, gutless display from the players. The fans were not the problem on Sunday - anyone that thinks they were is kidding themselves.

Struggling with the concept of criticising an away support of 1500 for being quiet / singing when we got beat with barely a whimper from the guys on the pitch who have shown almost no effort or guts since the unfavoured manager got sacked. 

That performance on Sunday could have sucked the life out of most supports. 

On the whole a Poor atmosphere , no getting away from it ....it started good , had a wee uplift when we had 5 mins of the game

a few groups of guys scattered about were trying to create a sing song but most weren't interested 

2 divided camps in that some feel the team should play well and thus encouraging the crowd to get excited and sing

and others feel the crowd should help a poor performance by getting behind them no matter what

Backed up by comments I heard on Sunday

"sing ya Fanny's , support the team"

countered by 

"sit doon ya prick I'm here to watch the fitba a no sing"

you canny win either way