Alex Dyer

YNTTK1869

Utterly abysmal. Shows how inept our board are. Sack alessio with zero plan and give it to the caretaker manager who lost 3 out of 3 without scoring. Lazy and pathetic. We are well are truly involved in a bottom 6 battle. Hope I’m wrong but cannot see anything else happening. 3 board members and none of them with a football brain

Dyer never screamed management material to me but he gets my backing the same as anyone else. First and foremost, I want him to be successful for us.

I just hope that they allow Dyer the backing to bring someone as his assistant who has the qualities that he doesn't. When it was Clarke he got to bring Dyer for that reason. Alessio got Donati in as a coach. At least let Dyer bring in someone else, don't hang him out to dry because the season is a write off.

He asked for clarity and now we have got it. No more room for excuses and plenty of time to come back with a bang. 

As much as his interviews haven't inspired much enthusiasm, I genuinely don't think dyer would have signed any of the donkeys we have had on loan. 

I'm optimistic as to who he might sign. Good contacts down south and the killie TV interview showed that he knows a big target man is a priority. 

He was already popular with the fans in the three games he has had , Motherwell we played ok and did not deserve to lose. Rangers we had very little chance of a result anyway and the Team worked hard and fought well. Only ST Mirren game worries me, The lack of effort and poor quality was their for us all to see, They saw how angry the fans were. If he can make a success of this and start us back in the right direction , He could manage beyond this season. Time will tell. He said he knows what he want's to do and wants 2/3 players brought in, So of course we back him and the Board need to as well. With Fowler on board it should be better than in the summer.

At least we all know what's happening now and can stop speculating On Yogi and the like. A few decent additions to the squad then concentrate getting back up the table with a decent cup run. It may not be what everyone wants but it does bring stability for the manager to start bringing in players and clear out the dross. 

Whether we agree with the decision or not we really have to get 100% behind Alex Dyer. We are in big trouble however we are also still 3 points away from 5th spot. 

Transfer window will be crucial. If we get 3 players in the right positions we should be ok but it is a big if.

Personally my anger is directed more at the attitude of the players which was shocking on Sunday. Dicker and Millar should be sent packing with SOD if he signs POA with Aberdeen.

However the player we are missing most in addition to Alan Power is Stuart Findlay. Listening to the recent podcast what an attitude this boy has. If we had every player with this attitude we would be fine. Appoint him captain when he comes back is first thing I would do.

10 minutes ago, stewartonpie said:

I'm optimistic as to who he might sign. Good contacts down south and the killie TV interview showed that he knows a big target man is a priority. 

I'd be surprised if Fowler doesn't have the majority of control there. I'd be guessing his major task will have been who comes and who goes in this window. I can't see Dyer being much more than head coach.

2 minutes ago, Steppskillie said:

Whether we agree with the decision or not we really have to get 100% behind Alex Dyer. We are in big trouble however we are also still 3 points away from 5th spot. 

I think someone need to come out and properly address the situation. Not a daddy statement a proper discussion. The Motherwell and Rangers games are a matter of opinion whether they were good enough or not. Yesterday everyone agreed was unacceptable. That thought hasn’t come from the club though. Perhaps Cathy, Fowler, Dyer, Dicker should come out and address the game properly and the reaction of the support at the end. Actually try and make an effort to rebuild bridges. Dicker has gone from club captain to most hated man at the club in a week. SOD isn’t far behind. The board are in hiding. Something needs to happen to repair the damage done in the last six months.

1 hour ago, ekblue said:

I take it Board members were at yesterday's game.  What managerial qualities did they notice in Dyer that I must have missed. Everytime I looked over at Dyer during the game he was motionless and giving a great impression of not giving a damn.  I am hopefully wide of the mark,but how much authority does he have with his players?  They all like him or so we are told, but none of the players showed any sign of busting a gut for their pal yesterday!  Being a nice guy does not generally make for a good manager eg Alex Ferguson was he nice or did he carry respect?

In my working life, I've come across managers who were so laid back, they had difficulty opening their eyes. But when they did open them, all hell broke loose. I suspect AD may be in this mould. I suspect that a few more so called stars will find themselves looking in through the Rugby Park gates and wondering what their "wee chat" with AD was all about. 

13 minutes ago, c_u_jimmy said:

In my working life, I've come across managers who were so laid back, they had difficulty opening their eyes. But when they did open them, all hell broke loose. I suspect AD may be in this mould. I suspect that a few more so called stars will find themselves looking in through the Rugby Park gates and wondering what their "wee chat" with AD was all about. 

Well if thats the case he was hiding that sort of steel well in his interviews to date. His interview with Fowler and the one yesterday were the opposite of the type of body language and rhetoric I'd want to see from a manager. 

Lets hope he proves us all wrong but there is absolutely no credible evidence to suggest that to date.

1 win in 8 and we sack AA as manager. We place his Assistant who must take a share of responsibility for these results in charge. He loses 3 out of 3. No new manager bounce. No sign of the players playing for the new manager now the old one has gone. And nothing at all in terms of obvious tactics, selections or leadership from Dyer to suggest he is the man to provide the leadership we are now crying out for.

If that merits him.being in charge to the end of the season that beggars belief for me.

Edited by Shug2930

Haha I knew it. Never an intention to hire from outside. Take the easy, cheap and lazy option. I don't think AD was/is ever going to resign of his own accord (and why should he?) and I can't see any way he remains on the coaching staff under a new manager given the events of past six months and the chatter on the rumoursphere. I feel pretty confident in saying that I can guarantee that the players were "consulted" over this decision, and we all know a managerial popularity contest always works out well.

This was always Dyer's job, he just made it more awkward for the board by, you know, losing every match in largely abject fashion. It's honestly quite sad. What a fall* in just 12 months.

* though i suspect we haven't hit bottom yet.

Edited by kevin1869

Initially I thought this was the cheap option and lacked ambition, however the more I think about it i now think it makes sense.

1. AD knows the players strengths and weaknesses 

2. He knows the areas that need strengthening.

3.He's hopefully already had discussions with JF about possible signings.

Bringing in someone new would be a risk with their own ideas and what if the players don't like him again? His transfer targets don't go down well with JF.

AD gets my support.