Alex Dyer

YNTTK1869

3 minutes ago, Ktid1869 said:

Initially I thought this was the cheap option and lacked ambition, however the more I think about it i now think it makes sense.

1. AD knows the players strengths and weaknesses 

2. He knows the areas that need strengthening.

3.He's hopefully already had discussions with JF about possible signings.

Bringing in someone new would be a risk with their own ideas and what if the players don't like him again? His transfer targets don't go down well with JF.

AD gets my support.

What if the players dont like him ? What happens at every other football club on the planet when they get a new manager ? Footballers are pros. They see off numerous managers intheir careers. That is the single worst excuse for promoting an Assistant to Manager.

Unfortunately I think it might have more than a grain of truth 

13 minutes ago, Ktid1869 said:

Initially I thought this was the cheap option and lacked ambition, however the more I think about it i now think it makes sense.

2. He knows the areas that need strengthening.

3.He's hopefully already had discussions with JF about possible signings.

Bringing in someone new would be a risk with their own ideas and what if the players don't like him again? His transfer targets don't go down well with JF.

AD gets my support.

Spot on, we need to stop the utter nonsense being vomited on here and get behind the new manager!!

Alex Dyer likeable guy but not managerial material for me , been down this road before with Lee McCulloch ,he was No2 the players all liked him as well but proved to be totally out his depth as a manager, I'm afraid Dyer showed nothing in the 3 games in charge to suggest he can improve things,  look at Hearts with Austin McPhee, he was given a few games in  charge ,no signs of improvement so was never considered for top job, just reinforces my opinion that Billy Bowie and Board have no idea how to run a football club. This 150th year is increasingly looking like one to forget.

31 minutes ago, Rosskfc70 said:

Alex Dyer likeable guy but not managerial material for me , been down this road before with Lee McCulloch ,he was No2 the players all liked him as well but proved to be totally out his depth as a manager, I'm afraid Dyer showed nothing in the 3 games in charge to suggest he can improve things,  look at Hearts with Austin McPhee, he was given a few games in  charge ,no signs of improvement so was never considered for top job, just reinforces my opinion that Billy Bowie and Board have no idea how to run a football club. This 150th year is increasingly looking like one to forget.

And they've brought in a new manager who has overseen even poorer results. Any appointment is a risk. Hearts are hardly a model of doing the right thing. 

50 minutes ago, Shug2930 said:

Well if thats the case he was hiding that sort of steel well in his interviews to date. His interview with Fowler and the one yesterday were the opposite of the type of body language and rhetoric I'd want to see from a manager. 

Lets hope he proves us all wrong but there is absolutely no credible evidence to suggest that to date.

1 win in 8 and we sack AA as manager. We place his Assistant who must take a share of responsibility for these results in charge. He loses 3 out of 3. No new manager bounce. No sign of the players playing for the new manager now the old one has gone. And nothing at all in terms of obvious tactics, selections or leadership from Dyer to suggest he is the man to provide the leadership we are now crying out for.

If that merits him.being in charge to the end of the season that beggars belief for me.

Totally agree, this is what has been most worrying.

Regardless, he has been appointed now and we need to get behind him. Hope that he can "shake things up" as he said in his interview.

1 hour ago, Ktid1869 said:

He's shown that in the last 3 games?!

I don't think he's the man for the job, but if the board want him, make him the permanent manager don't give him it until the end of the season. We desperately need players who will come in and make a difference to the starting 11 in January, but those kind of players won't sign for a rookie manager who's on a 6 month deal. Why would they?

Really disappointed with this news

11 minutes ago, darth lord said:

i would suggest the board have hung him out to dry as they dont have a f**king clue how to get someone else in

they never got clark that was a gift horse given to them 

wheres the 3 million from taylors celtic transfer fee

certainly not on player recruitment

How do you spend the Taylor fee on player recruitment when the transfer window is closed?

9 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Actually I feel more +ve about AD than I ever did about AA.

1. He speaks English.

2. He knows the league.

3 He knows the players.

He has had 3 poor results but we were already in a really crap run (apart from Hearts). It's up to him to show he can turn it around.

There it is - the worst take yet. 

1. Dog whistles of xenophobia that are completely false are just embarrassing. 

2. He knows the league. Does he? He was part of the coaching set up the recruited Osman Sow and Simeon Jackson, so to say he “knows the league” isn’t telling the full story. Steve Clarke worked his contacts and unconverted a few gems for us. Alex Dyer’s first job up here was at us. 

3. If him knowing the players was the key to fixing all of this, the last few games would have showed this - they didn’t. The players now get to have a laugh in training with their pal Alex in charge, doesn’t mean results will turn in our favour. Knowing the players and knowing how to coach and manage the players are poles apart.

30 minutes ago, gdevoy said:

Actually I feel more +ve about AD than I ever did about AA.

1. He speaks English.

2. He knows the league.

3 He knows the players.

He has had 3 poor results but we were already in a really crap run (apart from Hearts). It's up to him to show he can turn it around.

Wow don’t know where you get this new found optimism about AD as a manager. Has no track record and if the last three games are anything to go by no standing with the players apart from being the dressing room stooge who cracks the funnies instead of the whip.

One extreme to the other in the last two appointments. 

Good that we've gone back to our tried and trusted method of selecting a manager given it's level of success with Jig and Locke.

Hope as I do with every new manager that he is our best manager ever but this appointment just looks a lazy and quite desperate decision.