Alex Dyer

YNTTK1869

On 12/31/2019 at 10:23 AM, piffer said:

IMO he is. Sitting at Killie doing nothing hasn’t helped him. We are too short sighted in terms of these things. In the last couple of seasons he should be getting 20-30 competitive games to continue his development. Instead this season he’s got 3x 90minutes because others are out. 

1 hour ago, historyman said:

Don’t understand why Alex Dyer wasn’t considered to be the right man for the job in the summer but now he is. Doesn’t make any sense. 

The biggest difference between now and last summer is that the director of football is in place. Hopefully Fowler can help bring in some of the players we need badly this month. 

1 hour ago, historyman said:

Don’t understand why Alex Dyer wasn’t considered to be the right man for the job in the summer but now he is. Doesn’t make any sense. 
Sadly I’m not optimistic about his appointment at all. Given the performance v St Mirren I’m actually pretty amazed at the announcement. 

The board hadn't run out of money in the summer. 

AA has been paid until the end of the season and he was earning £5,000 a week. 

Why? He wasnt going to let this opportunity pass him by after all it's in a work environment he has been used to and a big part of for the last few seasons  maybe this was in BB's thoughts at this time safe pair of hands who knows the players inside out till end of season at least makes sense to me.

53 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Why? He wasnt going to let this opportunity pass him by after all it's in a work environment he has been used to and a big part of for the last few seasons 

In his own words, in the past week:

"Why has it not been right to be a manager before now? Opportunities and maybe confidence in my own abilities."

Edited by skygod

9 minutes ago, skygod said:

In his own words, in the past week:

"Why has it not been right to be a manager before now? Opportunities and maybe confidence in my own abilities."

I would have thought the bare minimum for a new manager would be enthusiasm. He’s as enthusiastic as me being dragged to the January sales by Mrs G . 

54 minutes ago, skygod said:

The club wanted an experienced manager.

I don’t think AD wanted the job anyway. 

And now, when the team is in free fall down the league, suddenly we don’t want an experienced manager?  That makes a lot of sense. 
The club really have managed to make a mess of a club full of positivity by some very poor decision making over the last few months. 

1 hour ago, Fankle said:

The biggest difference between now and last summer is that the director of football is in place. Hopefully Fowler can help bring in some of the players we need badly this month. 

ssshhhhhh, don't say he is a Director of football, he is Head of Football Operations, some folk gety tetsy about that here. Is there a difference? Or what actually is his remit?

15 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

ssshhhhhh, don't say he is a Director of football, he is Head of Football Operations, some folk gety tetsy about that here. Is there a difference? Or what actually is his remit?

Bringing players and footballing staff to the club at all levels seems to be the immediate task going by his recent media bits. 

what would have happend if another man was appointed and didn't fancy Fowler .Maybe AA told him that he would source his own players and didn't want someone he didn't know identifying signings or dealing with players contracts .Egg on the face for Bowie I think .Dyer is prepared to work with him seemingly when the likes of Clarke probably wouldn't 

2 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

what would have happend if another man was appointed and didn't fancy Fowler .Maybe AA told him that he would source his own players and didn't want someone he didn't know identifying signings or dealing with players contracts .Egg on the face for Bowie I think .Dyer is prepared to work with him seemingly when the likes of Clarke probably wouldn't 

You don’t know any of that to have any substance to it. Better staying away from the keyboard than posting inane pish

1 minute ago, boydiesback said:

You don’t know any of that to have any substance to it. Better staying away from the keyboard than posting inane pish

And you do.Like Clarke or other experenced managers would like someone who has no record of identifying players suggesting signings.As for posting inane pish better that than talking it .

26 minutes ago, Killiepies said:

And you do.Like Clarke or other experenced managers would like someone who has no record of identifying players suggesting signings.As for posting inane pish better that than talking it .

I don’t know either way but I never posted it to look like a fact that you did. If you don’t know better keeping shtoom.

BTW who’s looking after the village today?

2 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

He may know all this. If he does he’ll know we need ssc. Dyer can’t provide what was here under Clarke. He is not the great man.  And to hobble on with a poor imitation of what we had before could be disastrous. The alessio model was the better option as a follow up to the Clarke era. Total rethink. Only way to kick on.  And there were obvious signs of change in the first few games under alessio ( to other folks points). The centre backs were tasked to come forward and join the play. Dicker was deployed in the “ quarter back “ role, dictating the play. It was clear the players would need to be changed over time to fit the new approach.  It could been a sliding moment when GT was through on goal in the first half at rp. The defeat against the welsh rocked the club and whether the players or the manager or the board, the fans or a combination thereof, we collectively shat ourselves and tried to go back to type. Trying to follow the “Clarke way” without Clarke is like making top gear without Jeremy clarkson or soccer am without Tim lovejoy. The formula may be the same but it never quite works as well.

ill get behind the new man and the team as always but I really have lost confidence in the board over this scenario.

Spot on. After appointing AA they should have given him more time. We were far from being in a crisis situation and there was no need to pull the trigger when they did. 
As it stands I think we are in a worse situation now than a few weeks ago. It’s hard not to think it was purely a financial decision to sack AA now and it’s absolutely clear they had no clue about what they were going to do next. 
Totally agree that the fans’ confidence in the board has taken a real hammering. 

Edited by historyman