Alex Dyer

YNTTK1869

9 hours ago, historyman said:

Two signings that should never have been made. Both an utter waste of money, all of those involved should have known better. All very embarrassing for a team that had just finished third in the league and had pocketed over £1m in transfer fees and compensation. 
No idea what part Dyer played in their signings but surely his advice was sought and given. The keeper, DDF and St Clair were obviously AA signings. 

Both signings smacked of short termism and they never even brung much gains! When AA first came in the word was Dyer became marginalised along with Billy Thomson, don't think Dyer would have been asked his opinion on this basis but can't say for definite.

7 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

ill get behind the new man and the team as always but I really have lost confidence in the board over this scenario.

This pretty much sums up where I am now- and that's a huge sea change from where I was two weeks ago, I can tell you. I was in a major huff at the Motherwell game- didn't cheer, didn't clap, didn't shout, in fact didn't care and I have never not cared what happens at a Killie game and I would not wish that feeling on anyone. I was raging at the board and the players and really really had no notion of going to Ibrox or Paisley and didn't care what the results were. That's not a good place to be for someone who considers themselves KTID.  But I'm of the opinion now that what's done is done and, although I'm not happy with what has happened recently,  I'm ready to move on, which isn't like me because I bear a grudge like nobody's business. Rightly or wrongly, decisions have been made. I have to admit I've loved Alex Dyer from the first time I laid eyes on him and although I agree he hasn't been impressive since being made manager, and I understand all the reservations people have about his appointment,  he's my man (and the board's) so I need to get over myself and get back behind the Ayrshire Killie.  

26 minutes ago, KillieBus said:

....he needs more than three fixtures before getting the grief he has got on here from some.

I might be wrong but the impression I got was that board had taken the bulk of the grief.

The board gave themselves the remit of appointing a "highly-experienced manager" to replace Steve Clarke. You can argue pro and con about whether AA met that description, but I don't think anyone could say AD does.

According to BB, we received a much higher calibre of applications than we did when SC was appointed. Yet, within six months, we have ended up with the previous assistant in charge, albeit temporarily. 

If AD is not kept on after the summer, will the calibre of applicants still be as high? 

It just hasn't panned out the way it was meant to, or the way we expected. I don't blame AD for that in the slightest.

Edited by skygod

28 minutes ago, skygod said:

I might be wrong but the impression I got was that board had taken the bulk of the grief.

The board gave themselves the remit of appointing a "highly-experienced manager" to replace Steve Clarke. You can argue pro and con about whether AA met that description, but I don't think anyone could say AD does.

According to BB, we received a much higher calibre of applications than we did when SC was appointed. Yet, within six months, we have ended up with the previous assistant in charge, albeit temporarily. 

If AD is not kept on after the summer, will the calibre of applicants still be as high? 

It just hasn't panned out the way it was meant to, or the way we expected. I don't blame AD for that in the slightest.

Fair enough, in that the board have taken a lot of grief over the appointment, but every attack on the board over it, also ends up on being an attack on the man appointed.

I think we have to take it as read that the appointment of AA was a mistake in the summer, but things have changed markedly since then. We have gone from how to improve/stay/keep close on third, to keeping ourselves clear of a relegation battle. Maybe AD was not the man in the summer but could be the man to keep us clear of danger. We will see.

With regard to the calibre of applicants in the summer, against any future applicants if things don't work out - they may be just as high, they may be lower but it is up to the board to pick the best applicant. The board will always need the chance to do that, who else will? Either way, Alex needs supported.

21 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

For all the Gary Holt supporters , Ive heard he won’t come as long as Fowler is at Killie 

Anything less than top 6 and Fowler should be out on his a*se in the summer.

For a man in charge of “Football Operations” the football has been a shambles ever since he came on board.

On 1/1/2020 at 11:16 AM, Bbk said:

Why? He wasnt going to let this opportunity pass him by after all it's in a work environment he has been used to and a big part of for the last few seasons  maybe this was in BB's thoughts at this time safe pair of hands who knows the players inside out till end of season at least makes sense to me.

AD til the end of the season is still longer than AA was given. I agree we have to get behind the club and put this episode behind us because what has happened has happened. Mistakes have happened and a once in a generation opportunity at the end of last season has been blown. You can apportion blame wherever you like but I believe that the players owe us big time though. 

Alex Dyer is the manager of Killie lets get behind him and hope we climb back into the top 6 again. Nobody knows who is coming in but I love the comments and suggestions by the fans on the forum. Fingers crossed that we are happy at the end of the transfer window.