Confidence in Board

boydiesback

Confidence in Board?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with boards handling of managerial situation?

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

This statement reeks of the kind of shire which meant the parasite took and kept control 

Not saying its the same thing here but simple acceptance of a very underwhelming decision which reeks of "ach we will be OK, hearts are pish and so are the Accies, and we can relaunch next year".  That's the sort of nonsense which gets u relegated 

Is that ayrshire?

No I don't have confidence in the board, appointing AD within 24 hours of him saying in his post match interview the board need to hurry up and make a decision does not fill me with confidence, the complete opposite. The decision comes across as if it has been made to basically bid time and to appease and quieten everyone, smoke and mirrors.

All the best to AD, I hope things workout for his sake (potential future management career) and the clubs.

2 minutes ago, ParkHotel said:

This made me laugh out loud. Another another internet expert thinking the world is going to end because our long term coach has been asked to manage the team until the end of the season rather than him him a long term contract and compensation if it doesn't work out. The massive overreaction to an unspectacular season was a stick on to happen I suppose after we did so well last year. Anyone saying the club was run better by MJ has never actually worked for the club and wants a kick up the arse. Anyone thinking we should "sack the board" might want to check for the queue of investors waiting to step into their shoes, must be loads of millionaires just dying to squander their money and get a shedload of abuse in return - each an every one of them a football expert with knowledge of how to successfully run a club of course. In fact by the look of things most of them are on here already, why not volunteer your time and your money?

Haha. This must be a WUM account?! 

You've gone on a rant about MJ and sacking the board from the two sentences of my full post you've quoted? 

Now I will admit I'm no "football expert with knowledge of how to successfully run a club", but I'll hazard a guess that it's not accepted best practice to sack your manager and not have a contingency plan in place. 

24 minutes ago, ParkHotel said:

This made me laugh out loud. Another another internet expert thinking the world is going to end because our long term coach has been asked to manage the team until the end of the season rather than him him a long term contract and compensation if it doesn't work out. The massive overreaction to an unspectacular season was a stick on to happen I suppose after we did so well last year. Anyone saying the club was run better by MJ has never actually worked for the club and wants a kick up the arse. Anyone thinking we should "sack the board" might want to check for the queue of investors waiting to step into their shoes, must be loads of millionaires just dying to squander their money and get a shedload of abuse in return - each an every one of them a football expert with knowledge of how to successfully run a club of course. In fact by the look of things most of them are on here already, why not volunteer your time and your money?

Good luck getting players to sign in January whilst not having a cluewho the boss will be. 

We're going to go into preseason with about 8 players. 

27 minutes ago, ParkHotel said:

Also are the board untouchable? They've made bad mistake time and time again this year.  We just to stand there applauding?

Pretty sure BB wouldn't stand for the same performances from his company employees. 

21 minutes ago, theauldyin said:

and been making a total pigs ear of it ever since

I'd argue they were making a pigs ear of it before then.  It's taken far too long to put some much needed infrastructure around the club both football and  kn football operations. 

This their role and responsibility, the manager is responsible for the output on the pitch.  AA did not too crap a job, SC worked miracles and got superb results, the board sat back and did fat too little and too slowly.

Is KFC just a hobby for BB, a rich man's toy, somewhere to entertain his pals on a Saturday afternoon? Is he a Killie fan?

Like others have said, why wait 3 games before making the appointment semi permanent? Smacks of not giving a s**t.

As for AD, his behaviour has been odd at best, I don't want to apply, but if I was offered it is pish patter.

The pressure is now on Fowler as much as anyone else as he seems to be the only person capable of understanding and making football decisions, his legendary status is at risk as of now.

The January window is so important, 25 years plus in the premier league firmly dependent upon getting decent transfer business done.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Also are the board untouchable? They've made bad mistake time and time again this year.  We just to stand there applauding?

Pretty sure BB wouldn't stand for the same performances from his company employees. 

The board are certainly not untouchable and they have certainly made mistakes, but the venom in the criticism is absolute stupidity given that there is no one waiting in the wings to come in and all three of them are not only doing the work for free but paying for the privilege. Well two of them are, fans are paying for the third one and by all accounts she's doing the best job of all despite all the laughable comments on here about her having nothing to bring to the table etc. because she used to be a politician. Ask the people who work at Rugby Park, they won't be long in telling you. Is there some sort of qualification for being a football club director these days? If there is I must have missed that but I'm amazed how many Joe Punters on the internet think they could do a far better job with their degree from the open university in s**thousery. The club needed someone more football orientated, they went and brought in a head of football operations and unbelievably he's getting slaughtered already by some. I think that the biggest mistake they made was not bringing more expertise on the board and spreading the load a bit while the going was good and Steve Clarke was still here. Everything that has been happening this season emanates from the end of last season and we are seeing the results of it now, it was always going to happen and I'm actually surprised how well the team have done up to now - although they have to hold their hands up to their part in all this, they are not untouchable either. All this bollocks about the board having learned ZERO from the summer is just tantamount to "down with this sort of thing" placard bearers. Loads of stuff has changed and is still changing but its a results based business and as soon as we get a run of bad ones the same old nonsense gets trotted out and repeated ad nauseam by fans who haven't got a clue how to resolve anything but think that there is some magic formula available which will give instant success. Sign Millar (that worked well), sign Mulumbu, spend money, spend more money, buy players, stop spending money on revenue streams like hospitality - we have our fair share of business gurus (morons) and that's a fact.