Confidence in Board

boydiesback

Confidence in Board?  

387 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with boards handling of managerial situation?

• Yes
    • No

14 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

The pressure is now on Fowler as much as anyone else as he seems to be the only person capable of understanding and making football decisions, his legendary status is at risk as of now.

No its not. He's earned his place in the Killie hall of fame and shame on you for suggesting otherwise. Same goes for those who suggest that Gary Holt should steer clear to protect his status, he'll always be a legend in my eyes.

3 minutes ago, ParkHotel said:

The board are certainly not untouchable and they have certainly made mistakes, but the venom in the criticism is absolute stupidity given that there is no one waiting in the wings to come in and all three of them are not only doing the work for free but paying for the privilege. Well two of them are, fans are paying for the third one and by all accounts she's doing the best job of all despite all the laughable comments on here about her having nothing to bring to the table etc. because she used to be a politician. Ask the people who work at Rugby Park, they won't be long in telling you. Is there some sort of qualification for being a football club director these days? If there is I must have missed that but I'm amazed how many Joe Punters on the internet think they could do a far better job with their degree from the open university in s**thousery. The club needed someone more football orientated, they went and brought in a head of football operations and unbelievably he's getting slaughtered already by some. I think that the biggest mistake they made was not bringing more expertise on the board and spreading the load a bit while the going was good and Steve Clarke was still here. Everything that has been happening this season emanates from the end of last season and we are seeing the results of it now, it was always going to happen and I'm actually surprised how well the team have done up to now - although they have to hold their hands up to their part in all this, they are not untouchable either. All this bollocks about the board having learned ZERO from the summer is just tantamount to "down with this sort of thing" placard bearers. Loads of stuff has changed and is still changing but its a results based business and as soon as we get a run of bad ones the same old nonsense gets trotted out and repeated ad nauseam by fans who haven't got a clue how to resolve anything but think that there is some magic formula available which will give instant success. Sign Millar (that worked well), sign Mulumbu, spend money, spend more money, buy players, stop spending money on revenue streams like hospitality - we have our fair share of business gurus (morons) and that's a fact.

Your comments are Ignorant and disrespectful to the many fans on here. So you think the board are doing a good job? I would hope if they were doing a self appraisal they would be honest enough to acknowledge the mistakes that have hugely contributed to our sharp fall from grace. Yes, they have a tough job - to appease the fans when results are not going well - and operate on a tight budget. But it’s an honour to be in their position and they are custodians of an important institution. They will be there until better people step forward. Hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later.

1 minute ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Your comments are Ignorant and disrespectful to the many fans on here. So you think the board are doing a good job? I would hope if they were doing a self appraisal they would be honest enough to acknowledge the mistakes that have hugely contributed to our sharp fall from grace. Yes, they have a tough job - to appease the fans when results are not going well - and operate on a tight budget. But it’s an honour to be in their position and they are custodians of an important institution. They will be there until better people step forward. Hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later.

Well said

7 minutes ago, ParkHotel said:

No its not. He's earned his place in the Killie hall of fame and shame on you for suggesting otherwise. Same goes for those who suggest that Gary Holt should steer clear to protect his status, he'll always be a legend in my eyes.

There's plenty of evidence of all sorts of clubs taking legends back and destroying their status. In Kenny Shiels the club destroyed his legendary status before he had even left  I'll take the shame on you comment with a large pinch of salt, this is a fans forum after all, everybody's got an opinion and every opinion is valid.

2 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Your comments are Ignorant and disrespectful

In your opinion, and probably the opinion of others on here who can't take a bit of stick back but are not so shy at giving it out. I said they've made mistakes, for the most part covering up the mistakes of others and have been struggling to right the wrongs ever since. The abuse they are taking for trying their best is ignorant and disrespectful.

2 minutes ago, ParkHotel said:

In your opinion, and probably the opinion of others on here who can't take a bit of stick back but are not so shy at giving it out. I said they've made mistakes, for the most part covering up the mistakes of others and have been struggling to right the wrongs ever since. The abuse they are taking for trying their best is ignorant and disrespectful.

Remember the Rangers game when Bowie was lauded as the best Chairman Clarke had worked for. Well deserved plaudit.

Well 6 months on he has presided over a total and utter shambles.

If you cant see that you are the happiest of happy clappers

12 minutes ago, ParkHotel said:

I give it and take it, it’s a forum. To call fellow supporters morons, goes beyond the normal debate. 

2 hours ago, TLC said:

The board have now put our 27 year stay in the top flight on the roulette wheel. 

No we did that in the summer! Whether our chances are much better than 50/50 depends on what happens in January. A lot of the optimistic offerings remind me of what was being said by some in the last window and look how that worked out. 

@ParkHotel given your comments suggest that you have inside knowledge to some degree and perhaps a relationship with board members that others don’t. I’d suggest staying off the forums in times of discord. 

the forum is and always will be a place fans vent and exaggerate opinion, present opinion as fact and revel in arguments. It’s one of the glorious parts of being a fan. Sometimes it’s better to ignore than engage in the hope of educating or explaining, most of the time folk just want to grumble with others who know the pain. 

25 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

There's plenty of evidence of all sorts of clubs taking legends back and destroying their status. In Kenny Shiels the club destroyed his legendary status before he had even left  I'll take the shame on you comment with a large pinch of salt, this is a fans forum after all, everybody's got an opinion and every opinion is valid.

Right now I would take Kenny shields back. 

There are several things guaranteed about football club directorship:

you are more in the public eye than in normal business life; 

you are unlikely to make money, certainly at a club like Killie although MJ did alright, and are more likely to lose some; 

everybody will love you when things are going well and will criticise when they aren't; 

and everyone thinks they can do a better job than you. 

If you can’t accept these things  you are in the wrong business. 

Contrary to what ParkHotel thinks, there are people on here who are successful in business and not morons. They probably know more about football than most of the directors and could do a good job on the board if they had the spare cash and/or were prepared to accept the above truisms. 

Directors are only custodians of the club which is a key establishment in the local area. It’s an onerous responsibility which requires a thick skin but it’s also a privilege. 

We are not party to all of the decisions which are made but the more information which is shared with the supporters, the more we will understand why they are made. 

This seems to be one of the lessons the board is yet to assimilate. 

Edited by skygod

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

Contrary to what ParkHotel thinks, there are people on here who are successful in business and not morons.

Don't try and tell me what I think. At no point did I claim all Killie fans were morons, that would make me one as well, I intimated the ones who criticise the board for investing in infrastructure were.

Just now, Onlyonecolinmckee said:

@ParkHotel given your comments suggest that you have inside knowledge to some degree and perhaps a relationship with board members that others don’t. I’d suggest staying off the forums in times of discord. 

the forum is and always will be a place fans vent and exaggerate opinion, present opinion as fact and revel in arguments. It’s one of the glorious parts of being a fan. Sometimes it’s better to ignore than engage in the hope of educating or explaining, most of the time folk just want to grumble with others who know the pain. 

A very philosophical description one of the many purposes of this forum, I doff my hat to you Ser. Enjoyed reading that. As you say @ParkHotel seems to have some sort of relationship with the board or a board member, so not going to respond well to some of the stuff posted tonight.

I'm not sure that anybody is calling for the board to resign or go, just looking for some reassurance that they know what they are doing and have a serious plan, strategy or vision for the football operations of the club. Apart from the JF appointment, there has been little evidence of that since the end of last season. It's been one great big s**tfest on the park.

5 minutes ago, ParkHotel said:

What would you call fellow supporters who are suggesting that only "incompetent" directors would invest capital in profit generating revenue streams?

It would be nice to see similar strategy and investment in football operations. Where are the board with that? Will AD see any of the Greg Taylor money to bring some quality to the club in January?

7 minutes ago, ParkHotel said:

What would you call fellow supporters who are suggesting that only "incompetent" directors would invest capital in profit generating revenue streams?

I wouldn’t call them morons. I can’t locate the source of your vent but naturally investing in a profitable scheme makes sense unless the same investment could bring a higher return in another scheme. I’m sure the people in and around the club are much happier than they were when mj was around. And that is important imo. But outsiders put more emphasis on strong leadership and smart business models. This has not been very evident over the last few months in particular and to be honest for a long time. Having clarke as the figurehead papered over the cracks and folks don’t look too deeply when things on the field are going well. But with him gone, and results going the wrong way, it doesn’t look too pretty.

The hospitality revenue streams are only going to attract income if you have an attractive product on the park. The product on the park is far from being attractive to watch, short term income may come in but if the product does not change the interest will drain as will the revenue streams from half empty hospitality suites.

1 hour ago, ParkHotel said:

The board are certainly not untouchable and they have certainly made mistakes, but the venom in the criticism is absolute stupidity given that there is no one waiting in the wings to come in and all three of them are not only doing the work for free but paying for the privilege. Well two of them are, fans are paying for the third one and by all accounts she's doing the best job of all despite all the laughable comments on here about her having nothing to bring to the table etc. because she used to be a politician. Ask the people who work at Rugby Park, they won't be long in telling you. Is there some sort of qualification for being a football club director these days? If there is I must have missed that but I'm amazed how many Joe Punters on the internet think they could do a far better job with their degree from the open university in s**thousery. The club needed someone more football orientated, they went and brought in a head of football operations and unbelievably he's getting slaughtered already by some. I think that the biggest mistake they made was not bringing more expertise on the board and spreading the load a bit while the going was good and Steve Clarke was still here. Everything that has been happening this season emanates from the end of last season and we are seeing the results of it now, it was always going to happen and I'm actually surprised how well the team have done up to now - although they have to hold their hands up to their part in all this, they are not untouchable either. All this bollocks about the board having learned ZERO from the summer is just tantamount to "down with this sort of thing" placard bearers. Loads of stuff has changed and is still changing but its a results based business and as soon as we get a run of bad ones the same old nonsense gets trotted out and repeated ad nauseam by fans who haven't got a clue how to resolve anything but think that there is some magic formula available which will give instant success. Sign Millar (that worked well), sign Mulumbu, spend money, spend more money, buy players, stop spending money on revenue streams like hospitality - we have our fair share of business gurus (morons) and that's a fact.

The internet stories, rumours, fiction etc have been created as there is a vacuum created by lack of information / communication. When there is a communication vacuum in any business it is usually filled with rumour and Ill founded speculation. In football it’s just that much more exaggerated.

One thing they haven't learned is how to interview for a manager. 

I really hope the Dyer punt works but it's a massive gamble and one the board didn't have to take.  

There is something seriously wrong at the club just now and it's certainly not the fans. 

27 minutes ago, ParkHotel said:

Don't try and tell me what I think. At no point did I claim all Killie fans were morons, that would make me one as well, I intimated the ones who criticise the board for investing in infrastructure were.

Investment on infrastructure all very well but taking your eye off the ball on the playing side will make them white elephants. 

We're a football team first and foremost and we've sleepwalked in that department since May.

Well said, there’s a fair amount of self righteous nonsense being spouted on these forums, much of which is naive at best, plain destructive at worst!! Perhaps some deliberately by some supposed supporters.

To all fans, remember, those who are supporting the club more than any of us financially, can and could well be reading all these dim witted comments.... some of these are hardly motivating them to continue their support are they......

1 hour ago, skygod said:

There are several things guaranteed about football club directorship:

you are more in the public eye than in normal business life; 

you are unlikely to make money, certainly at a club like Killie although MJ did alright, and are more likely to lose some; 

everybody will love you when things are going well and will criticise when they aren't; 

and everyone thinks they can do a better job than you. 

If you can’t accept these things  you are in the wrong business. 

Contrary to what ParkHotel thinks, there are people on here who are successful in business and not morons. They probably know more about football than most of the directors and could do a good job on the board if they had the spare cash and/or were prepared to accept the above truisms. 

Directors are only custodians of the club which is a key establishment in the local area. It’s an onerous responsibility which requires a thick skin but it’s also a privilege. 

We are not party to all of the decisions which are made but the more information which is shared with the supporters, the more we will understand why they are made. 

This seems to be one of the lessons the board is yet to assimilate. 

Where are these successful individuals then? Don’t see any hats being thrown into the ring, in spite of what was said by some of them a few years ago during the NAPM etc era......

I trust the directors to make sound decisions off the park which I think they've done with some of the superb redevelopment work. My worry is on the park however and the footballing decisions that are made at boardroom level. 

That being said, really hope AD is a success though and we can look back on this in May/June as being a stable appointment to see out this season allowing us to kick on next year and challenge for those spots nearer the top of the table.