Clearout Begins

hindes57

Reckon there will be a few more. Can’t see St Clair hanging around with no game time. If McDonald is coming back then at least one of the keepers will be off. If Waters comes back Niko or Hendrie must be off. Possibly a few others as well

@NorfolkG he was first choice yesterday but in the previous two games while 1-0 down he was the only striker on the bench and stayed there while we chased games. That says it all really. 

1 minute ago, piffer said:

Reckon there will be a few more. Can’t see St Clair hanging around with no game time. If McDonald is coming back then at least one of the keepers will be off. If Waters comes back Niko or Hendrie must be off. Possibly a few others as well

@NorfolkG he was first choice yesterday but in the previous two games while 1-0 down he was the only striker on the bench and stayed there while we chased games. That says it all really. 

I get that. But yesterday he changed the shape of the team to accommodate Sow being the option.

As for Waters, I liked the look of him but understood why he wanted away. Strengthening St Mirren is no longer an option so we need to recall.

Edited by NorfolkG

4 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I get that. But yesterday he changed the shape of the team to accommodate Sow being the option.

Maybe I’m just old fashioned but if I’m 1-0 with ten minutes to go and a sub left I’m putting on the big striker. I understood why he put him on yesterday but the way the game was playing out it might have made more sense to put El Makrini on in midfield and get a proper foothold in he game. 

1 minute ago, piffer said:

Maybe I’m just old fashioned but if I’m 1-0 with ten minutes to go and a sub left I’m putting on the big striker. I understood why he put him on yesterday but the way the game was playing out it might have made more sense to put El Makrini on in midfield and get a proper foothold in he game. 

Don’t disagree. My point was more that AD turned to him first and not Mo or DT. So to then release him is mildly surprising.

Sow and Jackson are no great loss, but if some of our loanees are recalled by their clubs, an already threadbare squad is going to be struggling. With the summer signing debacle I am not overly confident that the club have signings waiting in the wings to bolster this squad. James Fowler a lot rests on your head.