Clearout Begins

hindes57

9 hours ago, Dieselfeet said:

Unlike a lot of the posters on here, I've actually PLAYED the game and have a good understanding of the dynamics. I had a good run in the North Region Juniors (was the oldest player in the league!) and managed at that level as well, so I'm pretty confident I know a 'fitba player' when I see one.

tenor.gif.0180cc141b14f53f03a52485c423c418.gif

Hey, I used to play for the Singapore Alliance Française against the Goëthe Society, which makes me an international and I trump the North Region Juniors and up your oldest player in the league by at least ten years. And I think Dicker is the best defensive midfielder we have had in the last ten years. He's a glum soul, but a damned fine fitba' player.

On 12/31/2019 at 8:54 AM, Dieselfeet said:

This!

I can't believe that so many people have turned on Dicker over the last few days.  My circumstances mean that I don't get to many matches these days and in any of the ones I have managed to get to, Dicker has been instrumental in holding the midfield together. If I had a criticism, it's that his distribution can be a bit slack at times, but overall, he's the kind of player you need in your team.

Unlike a lot of the posters on here, I've actually PLAYED the game and have a good understanding of the dynamics. I had a good run in the North Region Juniors (was the oldest player in the league!) and managed at that level as well, so I'm pretty confident I know a 'fitba player' when I see one.

Every team has a bad spell where the 'heids go doon' - we're suffering at the moment and railing on guys like Dicker and Brophy will solve nothing.

Don’t know why your getting so much hate. Plenty on here will have never kicked a ball at any decent level, so your opinion is worth more than most. 

7 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

Don’t know why your getting so much hate. Plenty on here will have never kicked a ball at any decent level, so your opinion is worth more than most. 

Said a spokesperson for the North Region Juniors. In other teuchter news, Derek McInnes has confirmed he is awaiting news of Kilmarnock FC transfer targets before swooping. His Chief Scout, known as Craigieboy, was unavailable for comment.

17 hours ago, Bobby14 said:

Pat Bonner and Willie Miller played at the very top level but their knowledge of football is lamentable. As is that of the majority of the other ‘good lads’ who masquerade as analysts.

Playing the game - even at the lofty level of North Region Juniors - does not automatically give a spectator a greater insight.

2 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Was with Abingdon Town in Hellenic League for an admittedly short while. They play in the English F A cup so earlier poster v patronising.

Footnote: Abingdon Town players refused to come out for the second half against Abingdon Utd last week  They were 0-8 down!

To be fair, they said they hadn't been paid for three months!

5 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

Was with Abingdon Town in Hellenic League for an admittedly short while. They play in the English F A cup so earlier poster v patronising.

Footnote: Abingdon Town players refused to come out for the second half against Abingdon Utd last week  They were 0-8 down!

Am I the earlier poster who was being “v patronising”?

I never said there was no-one who had played at any decent level on these forums. What I did say was that the OP had probably played at a higher level than most. And without knowing, I’d bet it was probably true. 

Now for the patronising bit... there are nearly 800 clubs who “play in the FA cup”. One of whom, Abingdon Town play in the 9th/10th level of the English football pyramid. A standard probably akin to the much maligned northern juniors. 

the guy was slaughtered for putting his credentials on the table by people who probably didn’t play at a level near his.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 10:03 AM, Scooby_Doo said:

In a decade of s**tposting, this site has brought you delights such as the zone valve, hot dutch wifes, Setanta and Alan Frizzell. 

It is fitting that we close the year, and the decade out, with the latest killiefc.com meme - North Region Juniors! 

You forgot the forward thinking attack duck, the greatest Killiefc.com trope of them all!