Oxford bid for SOD

Maverick11

25 minutes ago, CBFC said:

I didn't think clubs could speak to a player under contract until the window opened., which I thought was January 1st?

Clubs and agents shouldn't approach a player about a transfer until he is in the final six months of his contract. 

Nothing to do with the window although, for players whose current contract expires on 30 June (ie most of them), it coincides with the window opening.

O'Donnell's contract expires on 31 May, apparently, so he could talk to clubs from 30 November.

35 minutes ago, CBFC said:

I didn't think clubs could speak to a player under contract until the window opened., which I thought was January 1st?

That would be factually correct but in practice unfortunately this doesn’t happen.

34 minutes ago, trenwick said:

maybe the coincidentally bumped into each other over a coffee in mcinnes hoose  

This is how it would be framed in the event of an accusation or charge which is very unlikely as all clubs benefit from such impromptu meetings 

7 minutes ago, jordanb said:

Was speaking to someone about a month ago who I'm sure said he was fit and a bit frustrated at lack of action.

He hasn't played since 24 November when his ankle was injured against St Johnstone.

He needs surgery and will be out until the end of February approx.

We need players in our team who want to play for us. If SOD or anyone else wants away get them gone. Greg Stewart was fantastic for us but us and Stevie Clarke were brilliant for him, then he f**ked us over as the man said at the time the deal with McInnes and Aberdenn stunck. I wouldn't take him back. We all know the positions that need strengthening I'm sure if SOD is away AD will have a replacement lined up if not put the boy Wilson in there, at least he has enthusiasm and bottle. AA has left us in a f**king mess whether through his own incompetence or lack of backing from Bowie maybe a combination of both, we are in trouble no doubt and need some positive backing for Alex now from BB the Board and the support we can turn it round but it's not going to be easy and if you offered it I would take 10th right now.

1 hour ago, killiekosmos said:

Surely we are not short of money given Taylor transfer fee and extra income from 3rd place finish.  We should not sell SOD unless we already have a suitable replacement signed.  Better to keep SOD until summer.  We need to stength n the squad, not our bank balance.  

BB said there would be an increased budget available before we sold Taylor.

Not much evidence of it so far.

56 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

We need players in our team who want to play for us. If SOD or anyone else wants away get them gone.

Signing a PCA doesn't mean a player doesn't want to play for his current club.

It means that he has tied down who he wants to play for once his contract has expired.

The player should be given every chance to prove that he's committed to the club until he shows otherwise. He's still being paid, after all.

Edited by skygod

Take whatever we can get for him. He wants to go and we move on. 

He has been a good servant up until the last few months but Killie has been very good for SOD also. We picked him up from the scrapheap and I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s In that position again 18 months from now. 

43 minutes ago, skygod said:

It means that he has tied down who he wants to play for once his contract has expired.

The player should be given every chance to prove that he's committed to the club until he shows otherwise. He's still being paid, after all.

I never said anything different but if his head has been turned or he wants away now, get him gone that's what I said. Agree he has been a great part of our team since he came here and I would hope whether he is leaving at the end of the season or not he continues to impress for the remainder of the season. Point is we need everyone committed to us and not looking at where they might be in a few months, our team spirit going by what I've watched last few months is shot to pieces, we need to get that back now and everyone pulling together.

52 minutes ago, drmurray said:

In every job... If you are offered better terms... higher wages etc, by another company. Most folk would take it if everything else like job security, opportunity to advance your career prospects etc lined up.

Football players are no different.. In fact with a relatively short career.. They need to jump at any opportunity that comes along. 

I may not like how Stewart handled himself last year.. But in the end he's looking after his financial future.

With SOD we took a gamble, gave him a deal and he has more than paid us back. His dip in firm won't be anything to do with looking for a move and a better deal. Given our attacking options right now, that will be far more of a contributor.

SOD didn't grow up supporting Killie...but that doesn't mean he doesn't try to win every game.

When people come on here slagging off a player who has been one if our most consistent players over 2+ years, just because he's trying to do the best for himself and family.. It's plain stupid.

Because he has had success at Killie.. He will see that as a positive when considering his options.. If he read the cr*p on here....or hears it on a Saturday, completely the opposite effect happens.

If he is here for the cup game, i for one will show my positive support for one of the main reasons we had a great 18months under Clark

But in most other jobs...once you have handed in your notice you usually leave after a short period...

1 hour ago, skygod said:

This sounds like the Jordan Jones senario tbh.....

For me once a PCA is signed then any player irrespective of who it is can do one.  This holds for any club anywhere, Messi, Ronaldo, SOD, (never thought inside those in the same sentence), any player.

If they can be moved on for a fee of any kind and forgoe their contractual entitlements then we get someone who doesn't want to be here and free up wages and some money to get someone who does.

It's not personal or questioning their professionalism but it means instead of someone who ultimately wants to work somewhere else , we have someone who is pulling in the same direction as everyone else.