St Johnstone giving up 3 stands

I see St Johnstone have decided to allocate the scum from Glasgow three stands out of four for their upcoming home matches......I'd be pretty pissed off if that was our boards decision. 

In saying that, if our fans don't show a greater uptake for OF games and beyond, how long will it be until one of our board members crumbles under the pressure to "do the right thing" for Scottish football and give them the Moffat again. 

St Mirren considering increasing the OF allocation. More and more clubs taking the money in these situations. It’s disappointing to see. I had a look at some of the comments on Twitter with some Saints fans day ain’t they’ve tried loads to increase home support and it’s not worked so handing over three stands is acceptable 

3 minutes ago, piffer said:

St Mirren considering increasing the OF allocation. More and more clubs taking the money in these situations. It’s disappointing to see. I had a look at some of the comments on Twitter with some Saints fans day ain’t they’ve tried loads to increase home support and it’s not worked so handing over three stands is acceptable 

How can St Mirren increase it any more? They already give them two stands.

It looks about 50/50 on Twitter, some saying they should take the money others saying it's a surrender to Celtic and Sevco. That time we only had the FB wasn't great although the team capitulated and it ended up being a day to forget. Getting into the top six might be a pain in the butt this season, more money certainly, but probably unable to reach fourth and the possibility of hosting a title decider. We all know how much fun these occasions can be. 

47 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

It looks about 50/50 on Twitter, some saying they should take the money others saying it's a surrender to Celtic and Sevco. That time we only had the FB wasn't great although the team capitulated and it ended up being a day to forget. Getting into the top six might be a pain in the butt this season, more money certainly, but probably unable to reach fourth and the possibility of hosting a title decider. We all know how much fun these occasions can be. 

If we were to get a title decider could we refund ST holders and play the game behind closed doors. Or charge £300 but you get a free season ticket for next season

Edited by piffer

4 hours ago, Fudger said:

I see St Johnstone have decided to allocate the scum from Glasgow three stands out of four for their upcoming home matches......I'd be pretty pissed off if that was our boards decision. 

In saying that, if our fans don't show a greater uptake for OF games and beyond, how long will it be until one of our board members crumbles under the pressure to "do the right thing" for Scottish football and give them the Moffat again. 

I could understand the reasoning at the time, but for a club of our size to voluntarily give up several hundred thousand in revenue every season is madness. 

45 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

As well playing these games at Celtic Park or Ibrox. Split the gate money. They've effectively given up home advantage anyway, if its money they're after then there's more to be made if the games are played elsewhere. 

Exactly. If it's all about the money, just relinquish home advantage and split the gate. It would seem that like Killie, season ticket holders the country over would rather stay away than 'enjoy' the old firm experience, to be honest, who can blame them when they both get away with bending every rule and law in the book.

Edited by funky monkey

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2020 at 7:38 PM, fraz65 said:

I could understand the reasoning at the time, but for a club of our size to voluntarily give up several hundred thousand in revenue every season is madness. 

Do you have Neanderthal Sectarian Bigots in Australia? just asking because otherwise I simply cannot fathom out your business acumen. Kilmarnock already have an 100% increase in home supporters attending OF games since sanctioning their allocations.

18 hours ago, piffer said:

Giving Celtic three stands again for the cup tie and £25 a pop. Seems the novelty has worn off with a lot of the home supporters already. The extra income doesn’t appear all it’s cracked up to be at a bigot fest

It's a split gate, they are literally giving up home advantage then handing Celtic half the cash!

1 hour ago, killie billies pal said:

Do you have Neanderthal Sectarian Bigots in Australia? just asking because otherwise I simply cannot fathom out your business acumen. Kilmarnock already have an 100% increase in home supporters attending OF games since sanctioning their allocations.

Australia is riddled with them, they are called Aussies.

Fraz likes to offer advice on what business practice is best for Killie, whilst 1000s of miles away not going to games and knowing what's best for attracting Killie fans to games.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Australia is riddled with them, they are called Aussies.

Fraz likes to offer advice on what business practice is best for Killie, whilst 1000s of miles away not going to games and knowing what's best for attracting Killie fans to games.

I wouldn't have expected such a cheap comment from you Michael, particularly as Australia is probably the most diverse and multicultural society anywhere in the world. 

I completely understand the reasoning behind allocating one stand to the Old Firm. I've been at enough of these games over the years to know how unpleasant it is.

Let's not pretend that restricting them to one stand is not without financial consequence though. 

My viewpoint (and I know that it's very much a minority one) is that I want to see the strongest Killie side possible. I would rather have the best chance of beating these sectarian bigots in front of two stands than lose to them in front of one. 

I know that things went our way last week but can they continue to do so on a more limited budget? 

5 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

On a very quick calculation, I make it an average Old Firm home attendance of 8,500 this season (v Rangers 9,191, v Celtic 8,307, and v Rangers 8,096), compared with 11,800 last season. 

There may be very good reasons for only allocating one stand but can we stop pretending that there are no financial consequences in doing this?

Edited by fraz65

In the short term there are consequences but the whole point of doing so is to try and improve the number of home fans attending not just these games but every home game. By making the experience a safer and more pleasant experience is the forward thinking progressive approach to take. 

I’d rather we beat them in front of one away stand rather than two - to turn your analogy on its head. Another difference is I’ll be there to see it, rather than the sanitised tv version you’re now enjoying. 

And if generating more cash is more important to you than home support, you surely feel we should give them 3 stands and squeeze our diddy home support into the main stand to be as accommodating as possible to the Hun?

Edited by casual observer

I'll openly admit though that my viewpoint is influenced by the fact that i'm only watching on Killie TV. This doesn't make me any less of a supporter or my opinion less valid. 

I would probably be of the same mindset as the rest of you if I was actually at the game.

I suppose that's why we have a forum that represents a range of opinions. It's fairly clear what the majority one is.