Killie trust

DrewWylie

1 minute ago, Andy said:

I attended a 'Jim Wilson' boycott against the Lauchlan regime back in the 80's, the Boycott was for only the fist half, and despite the fact the board signed Dave McFarlane for £100,000(????) the night before a hard core still boycotted.

The boycott involved sitting in the Killie Club until half time.

Ultimatley like with MJ, fan pressure won out and the Fleeting era came to pass.

That was a protest and I am not sure if Jim attended it as I know I never. The Killie club was not involved but the Howard Park was the meeting point. Fans agreed to pay into the match but come in late as a sign they wanted change. All the fans paid in so as not to deprive the club of money. 

Just now, Riccarton Bluebell said:

That was a protest and I am not sure if Jim attended it as I know I never. The Killie club was not involved but the Howard Park was the meeting point. Fans agreed to pay into the match but come in late as a sign they wanted change. All the fans paid in so as not to deprive the club of money. 

Totally agree everyone still paid in, but it was billed as a boycott, and I am 100% sure it was in the Killie club and Jim was involved.

There were fans outside the turnstiles asking others not to go in and to support the boycott.

Being youngsters at the time and not knowing what was going on behind the scenes (nae Facebook or Forums at that time ... was the early, early days of fanzines) we all paid and went in.

20 minutes ago, chubbs said:

There were fans outside the turnstiles asking others not to go in and to support the boycott.

Being youngsters at the time and not knowing what was going on behind the scenes (nae Facebook or Forums at that time ... was the early, early days of fanzines) we all paid and went in.

I was young too mid to late teens, we were deffo at the ground and in the Killie club on the day, sure we all missed our goal that day if memory serves ??

On 1/10/2020 at 7:00 PM, jmthmsn said:

Jeeeez!

This is the kind of moronic rubbish that I was hoping to avoid you continually spouting about Mr Easterbook. Could you not have at least maintained 'radio silence' until we could reschedule?

Cathy and I were both there yesterday at the time originally stated but unfortunately, as I was doing other Trust business that morning at the Club, I missed your PM on here trying to arrange an earlier time. If I'd known that, I'd have saved Cathy a needless journey.

You and OldKillie should really keep schtum with your prejudices and negativity until you hear the truth instead of once again embarrassing yourself in an open forum. 

Don’t bring me into your wee daft discussions it’s between you and Drew 

I am not aware of what Jim chose to do during the MJ debacle, but all I would comment is if he decided not to boycott when many others did, then I find that a tad disappointing, not that it matters that much now.

But he deffo was at the spearhead of the Anti-Lauchlan protest/boycott, so disappointing to hear he took no part in MJ boycotts.

Purely personal opinion it has to be said.

7 hours ago, TommyG said:

If you are referring to the action taken to get Michael Johnston out the club then one of them was me and might proud of it I am too. Just like Jim Wilson etc before us took action against the Lauchlans, something had to be done and hitting the man who only cared about money in the pocket was the only way to do it. It was f**k all to do with the Trust, they no doubt had a few people involved but it was fans from all over who took part and in the end it brought in your pal Bowie and the rest they say is history. I'm amazed that anyone can hold a grudge about something that never actually happened against people who weren't even involved, and they missed games so that YOU still have a club. If you don't understand that then its pointless trying to explain it any further. I thought all this was over and we have new problems to face but it seems that some fans get an idea in their head and can't let it go.

Nonsense. Your actions had absolutely nothing to do with MJ leaving. But tout yourselves as hero’s if you want 

2 hours ago, TommyG said:

So you didn't support the fans against the Lauchlan regime either? I'm sensing a theme here.

For the record I bought a family season ticket as well as my own after MJ left and donated the other one to the hippo's ticket campaign. The cheek of the bloke helping all those families get the matches eh.

I don’t know what theme you are on about. I never said I never took action against the Lauchlan regime as I most certainly did. I did say I never took part on the day the fans came in late. Incidentally your actions had nothing whatsoever to do with MJ’s departure so do not kid yourself. 

Edited by Riccarton Bluebell

1 minute ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

I don’t know what theme you are on about. I never said I never took action against the Lauchlan regime as I most certainly did. I did say I never took part on the day the fans came in late. Incidentally your actions had nothing whatsoever to do with MJ’s departure so do not kid yourself. 

This is true i think the sad loss of his wife was the reason he ultimateley left  the club

I had a civilised discussion with Michael not so long back and he appears more pragmatic about it now. More facial hair, less angry. He never wanted the job in the first place but it turned out to be very good for his flagging career so he stuck with it until he could find a suitable way out. It lasted "a hell of a lot longer" than he expected and that's a direct quote, and the beginning of the end for him was actually learning about what happened with Gavin Masterton and Dunfermline which gave rise to the bank debt write off plan. We were very close to going under a few times but we got lucky on a few fronts at the right times and that pulled us through, but when Billy Bowie approached the club to help when things were going from bad to worse, that facilitated the whole plan and that's how he walked away when he did. I think I equated him to the anti-christ back in the day but it is amazing how getting older and ill health mellows your attitude. One day I may even laugh about Tiny Wharton and how simple football used to be, one day.