Killie trust

DrewWylie

50 minutes ago, DrewWylie said:

It’s me who’s being asked to give up MY time, this as someone says is a forum for folk to express opinions etc , again it’s not that when you lot are absolutely crucifying Michael Johnston , but that’s ok is it not    Hypocrisy at its best 

I make the monthly payment to the trust but have never even spoke to the guys running it and don’t know them personally. I didn’t take part in that NAPM business but could understand why folk chose to. 

i just can’t understand the negativity towards them, especially now there are benefits being seen by their involvement. 

1 hour ago, DrewWylie said:

It’s me who’s being asked to give up MY time, this as someone says is a forum for folk to express opinions etc , again it’s not that when you lot are absolutely crucifying Michael Johnston , but that’s ok is it not    Hypocrisy at its best 

Sticking up for MJ now. Trying. To. Stop. Myself.

On 1/11/2020 at 12:45 PM, jmthmsn said:

You are right. It is an open forum and football is all about opinions and being respectful of the opinions even if you disagree. I'm definitely not trying to be the big 'I am' here and, anyone who knows me will vouch that the profile that comes with being the democratically elected chair of this fans organisation doesn't sit easily.

I'm consistent in preaching the gospel about trying to unite all our fans to join the Trust. To try and make us a bigger and more effective organisation in helping our Club and our supporters. I'd love our Trust to be the trailblazers in initiatives and community related projects and not be in the wake of Hearts, Motherwell, St. Mirren etc in this regard. Not easy when there's constant negativity hitting the Club on all fronts. Our aim has always been to do what we can to help the Club to be all it can be.

I believe that every person on this forum cares about our Club and could maybe do that wee bit extra to make us better. This can't be done in a piecemeal fashion. There has to be a level of organisation. That organisation is the Trust. If you don't want to join, there'll always be something you might be able to contribute but we've created the mechanism for you to do it.

I've always believed in meeting our biggest critics head on in an effort to turn the tide. DrewWylie did appear, just not at the time I'd initially arranged and I wasn't aware of that until much later. I contacted him to reschedule and hoped there would be a 'cease fire' until we had the chance of a blether face to face about his constant and completely misinformed criticism of the Trust and, in particular, our representative on the Club board. 

After nearly two whole days on Thursday and Friday working on stuff with various people from the Club, it's disheartening to read the 'same old, same old' on the forum from him. He rightly said in his PM to me that he 'didn't see what this was going to achieve' so I won't be wasting both my time and Cathy's again with further dialogue. The Trust will move on apace, leave these dinosaurs in our wing mirrors and we will attempt to communicate our business to one and all in a better fashion in the hope that it'll encourage others to join and help. I'm available to discuss all Trust stuff with anyone and everyone to achieve this. 

Ironically the Trust pay for these forums in their entirety to allow criticism to be levelled and everyone's opinions on all matters to be aired.

Justified criticism I'll hold my hands up to and try and make us better. Lies, misinformation, back stabbing and abuse I'm quite prepared to take on and call out. Unfortunately, it comes with the role.    

I do not think that  calling over 90% of the Killie support, who are non trust members, dinosaurs in your wing mirror, was a good comment from the chairman of the trust.

48 minutes ago, skygod said:

The comment clearly referred to the individuals who were invited to meet and discuss their outspoken criticisms.

Any other interpretation is just being obtuse.

I'm surprised @jmthmsn of the Trust made the effort to open dialogue, but that's to his credit. The last two responses from the dinos confirm that for anybody short of time, ignoring them is best, see Benjamin Spock's Baby Dino Care (1946). Spock's angle on permissiveness suggests another win for the Trust, in that if their sponsored Forums keep the Dinos occupied, they aren't doing damage elsewhere, which is a great service to the community.

I guess this gives the Trust a kinda parenting role.

Edited by mackpomm

On 1/11/2020 at 12:45 PM, jmthmsn said:

You are right. It is an open forum and football is all about opinions and being respectful of the opinions even if you disagree. I'm definitely not trying to be the big 'I am' here and, anyone who knows me will vouch that the profile that comes with being the democratically elected chair of this fans organisation doesn't sit easily.

I'm consistent in preaching the gospel about trying to unite all our fans to join the Trust. To try and make us a bigger and more effective organisation in helping our Club and our supporters. I'd love our Trust to be the trailblazers in initiatives and community related projects and not be in the wake of Hearts, Motherwell, St. Mirren etc in this regard. Not easy when there's constant negativity hitting the Club on all fronts. Our aim has always been to do what we can to help the Club to be all it can be.

I believe that every person on this forum cares about our Club and could maybe do that wee bit extra to make us better. This can't be done in a piecemeal fashion. There has to be a level of organisation. That organisation is the Trust. If you don't want to join, there'll always be something you might be able to contribute but we've created the mechanism for you to do it.

I've always believed in meeting our biggest critics head on in an effort to turn the tide. DrewWylie did appear, just not at the time I'd initially arranged and I wasn't aware of that until much later. I contacted him to reschedule and hoped there would be a 'cease fire' until we had the chance of a blether face to face about his constant and completely misinformed criticism of the Trust and, in particular, our representative on the Club board. 

After nearly two whole days on Thursday and Friday working on stuff with various people from the Club, it's disheartening to read the 'same old, same old' on the forum from him. He rightly said in his PM to me that he 'didn't see what this was going to achieve' so I won't be wasting both my time and Cathy's again with further dialogue. The Trust will move on apace, leave these dinosaurs in our wing mirrors and we will attempt to communicate our business to one and all in a better fashion in the hope that it'll encourage others to join and help. I'm available to discuss all Trust stuff with anyone and everyone to achieve this. 

Ironically the Trust pay for these forums in their entirety to allow criticism to be levelled and everyone's opinions on all matters to be aired.

Justified criticism I'll hold my hands up to and try and make us better. Lies, misinformation, back stabbing and abuse I'm quite prepared to take on and call out. Unfortunately, it comes with the role.    

open forum my arse. No wonder there is loads of negativity around the club. Put out of europe by a part time team, haven't won a game in 6, haven't scored a goal in 6 games. Just hired a manager who in his interview played 3 lost 3 scored zero no experience. No wonder the board and trust are getting criticised. Listen to the fans all the ticket nonsense some have told you we want PATG. Open just 1. You say negative things you get called a hun but I'm the wrong religion to be a hun but like neither of the old firm. The club is a shambles right now as is the forum. We have gone from 3rd n europe and goodbye rangers next season goodbye celtic to the laughing stock of the spfl. Not even got a grass park have a crappy fake one which all the players hate even our own 

1 minute ago, andy123 said:

open forum my arse. No wonder there is loads of negativity around the club. Put out of europe by a part time team, haven't won a game in 6, haven't scored a goal in 6 games. Just hired a manager who in his interview played 3 lost 3 scored zero no experience. No wonder the board and trust are getting criticised. Listen to the fans all the ticket nonsense some have told you we want PATG. Open just 1. You say negative things you get called a hun but I'm the wrong religion to be a hun but like neither of the old firm. The club is a shambles right now as is the forum. We have gone from 3rd n europe and goodbye rangers next season goodbye celtic to the laughing stock of the spfl. Not even got a grass park have a crappy fake one which all the players hate even our own 

but we do have kiltie back:33:

8 hours ago, andy123 said:

Can’t disagree with most of that rant and each of those individual gripes has been covered in many threads.

So this is an open forum with minimal censorship.

But this thread was started as an attack on the Trust and its elected board member. 

I think we’re more likely to have our - the fans’ - voice heard with a Trust representative on the board than not. 

I don’t see how anyone can argue that that is a step in the right direction. 

It’s only right though that the Trust’s board member should be accountable but the way of doing that doesn’t seem to me to be to constantly heckle that she’s a useless ex-politician on a message board. 

Edited by skygod

I think the attitude from some Killie fans towards the trust is quite poor to be honest. It's a bunch of Killie fans going above and beyond for the club, in their own time. Putting aside whether you like Cathy Jamieson or if you would have put the money towards something better than safe standing, instead of sniping from the sidelines sign up and put a vote to it if it's that bad. Clubs all over the world have fan reps on the board and typically it's killie fans that are overly cynical. Hearts have raised 7 figure sums, Motherwell raised similar too I believe and even St Mirren fans put more into their club than killie fans. If you don't like or think it's a good idea fair enough but there's a helluva lot of killie fans that are quick to stick the boot into it for the wrong reasons imo and failing to see a bigger picture.

The trust isn't above and beyond criticism, and shouldn't be, I don't agree with every decision that's made, but the criticism about how it's run and the choices it makes should be coming from its members not from outside. 

As an aside, I think it was wrong using people's right name as well

Edited by All the Wine

Can't speak for the rest of the moderators but football free Saturday night wasn't spent here on the forums (DrewWylie as well) and everything pertaining to the name was deleted as soon as we saw it this morning. Apologies we never caught it sooner, please don't be naming people who have not opted to name themselves already or it will result in a warning/ban.

4 hours ago, skygod said:

It’s only right though that the Trust’s board member should be accountable but the way of doing that doesn’t seem to me to be to constantly heckle that she’s a useless ex-politician on a message board. 

Here in lies the problem I believe. Due to the previous career of the Trust's board member there was always going to be an issue with the choice whether that being because of a a different personal political persuasion or the fact that she was a politician alone (and unlikely ever to answer a straight question). Some folk had instantly made up their minds that she was a hand picked waste of time. Personally I wish she was a lot more vocal as it may go some way to change people's preconceptions. 

39 minutes ago, kilMARKnock said:

Here in lies the problem I believe. Due to the previous career of the Trust's board member there was always going to be an issue with the choice whether that being because of a a different personal political persuasion or the fact that she was a politician alone (and unlikely ever to answer a straight question). Some folk had instantly made up their minds that she was a hand picked waste of time. Personally I wish she was a lot more vocal as it may go some way to change people's preconceptions. 

If folk aren't happy with the Trust/fans rep then join the Trust/TIK and vote someone else on in their place ... it's that simple.  

I think some folk were under the impression that that every bit of club business would be reported back to the fans as soon as a rep went on the board and are pissed because that hasn't happened. 

4 hours ago, KillieFC said:

Can't speak for the rest of the moderators but football free Saturday night wasn't spent here on the forums (DrewWylie as well) and everything pertaining to the name was deleted as soon as we saw it this morning. Apologies we never caught it sooner, please don't be naming people who have not opted to name themselves already or it will result in a warning/ban.

You've missed two quoted posts with his name in them above.

23 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Did the Trust/TiK members get an individual vote on who should be the representative. I genuinely can't remember getting a vote, or indeed who the options were.

The Trust had previously agreed with the club that the first Trust director would be nominated by, and come from, the Trust board so there was no vote by members.

The Trust board put a short-list of three candidates to the KFC board, who selected CJ.