Killie trust

DrewWylie

1 minute ago, andy123 said:

Answer the question instead of the red card. was a genuine question 

You never gave me time to answer :-) and I never gave you the red card..... 

Genuine answer: I have no idea if she gets paid or not, my assumption has always been no as it's a trust, but I am not 100%. 

While we have a bunch of fans who won't contribute for some tenuous connection to a protest against tricky Mickey I see that giant of Scottish football Morton can get more subscribers than Killie! Comparisons with St Mirren and Hearts were being made fair enough, but Morton takes the biscuit.

https://inverclydenow.com/sport/morton/morton-fans-group-to-look-at-community-ownership-plan

18 minutes ago, daviefaekillie said:

While we have a bunch of fans who won't contribute for some tenuous connection to a protest against tricky Mickey I see that giant of Scottish football Morton can get more subscribers than Killie! Comparisons with St Mirren and Hearts were being made fair enough, but Morton takes the biscuit.

https://inverclydenow.com/sport/morton/morton-fans-group-to-look-at-community-ownership-plan

Totally agree, other than, from the article, it reads as if the club’s precarious financial situation means that the fan group is providing transfer funds. I’d be wary of that.

I really like the fact The Killie Trust is focusing energy on the supporter experience - it’s why I started subscribing recently.

If people don’t fancy joining, fair enough - I didn’t for years. But I find the anger and vitriol from a few on here absolutely baffling. Who gets angry about people giving up their time and money to try to contribute something to the club?

Edited by NorfolkG

It's frankly embarrassing that clubs like Motherwell, St Mirren and now Morton have more subscribers to their initiatives than we do. I know times are hard but you can't tell me that those 3 clubs have drastically better off supporters than we have. Trust membership is a tenner. TIK can be as little as £1 a month. 

The Trust is one of the few options outwith the usual streams available to us to increase income into the club, the members get a say on what the money we raise gets used on. We've now got a fan representative on board which imo has been a big positive. Maybe the safe standing isn't everyone's cup of tea but i'm sure most will agree that the disabled facilities have needed updated for years and this is on the go. 

Whatever folks reasons for not contributing, i'm sure they'd all agree they'd rather have an extra £100k in the club than not. 

If you're worried you're not getting personal shares as a part of your contribution, why not buy 15-25 shares a month direct from Killie instead? It'll make no difference to the shareholding either way but Killie will get the extra income.

4 hours ago, daviefaekillie said:

I don’t know what more they can do to get more TIK subscribers. Personal Finances isn’t an excuse as it affects every fan of every club in Scotland. I think most people would rather just moan about what’s wrong than take action. 

On 1/12/2020 at 5:14 PM, Wrangodog said:

To repeat my question, how long does the Trust rep serve before there is a vote on a new rep 

On 1/12/2020 at 5:27 PM, skygod said:

Baz answered this question in May 2018 when he said that the length of term hadn't yet been agreed (with the club, I presume).

Nor an election procedure for future directors.

I don't know what the current status is. I expect the whole process now is a trial with the board as to how they see it working going forward. Having pocketed £100k, they can't exactly withdraw from the agreement (I suppose they could refund it!).

I hope and expect that they will judge favourably CJ's presence on the board. I think it's important for the future of the Trust and the club that it is judged as being a benefit.

So the board pick who they want and keep them around for as long as they want. Decision making is not the strong point of this incompetent board.

5 hours ago, jmthmsn said:

Although Safe Standing wasn't really on the Club's radar initially, the need for an upgraded wheelchair viewing platform certainly is. The recommended wheelchair capacity is 80 spaces for our crowd attendance. 

Ploughing money into projects that benefits supporters and the football club allows the Club to target money to other areas.......like the playing budget.

Just taking an obvious opportunity to beat the drum as always. ;)

And some folk see a negative to these types of things.....

really can’t get my head around that logic. 

The most recent Articles of Association on the club website are dated 2014 and do not specifically mention the fans rep... the following section talks about the 'Community Engagement Board' and their representative on the board at the time.

21.2 The CEB shall be entitled to appoint as a director of the company one person who is a 
member of the CEB and who is not an employee or an existing director of the company (the 
“CEB Director”). Subject to the following provisions of this Article 21.2 and the provisions of 
Article 22 below, the CEB Director shall have a fixed appointment term of 12 months but may 
be reappointed for a 2nd term on notice to the company from the CEB. The CEB shall further 
be entitled to remove a CEB Director from office and to appoint another person in their place 
by notice to the company. Where any director appointed by the CEB ceases to be a director 
due to any of the provisions of Article 22 the CEB shall be entitled to appoint another person 
in their place. For the avoidance of doubt, the CEB Director shall not be entitled to be 
remunerated by the company for service as the CEB Director.

7 hours ago, chubbs said:

The most recent Articles of Association on the club website are dated 2014 and do not specifically mention the fans rep... the following section talks about the 'Community Engagement Board' and their representative on the board at the time.

21.2 The CEB shall be entitled to appoint as a director of the company one person who is a 
member of the CEB and who is not an employee or an existing director of the company (the 
“CEB Director”). Subject to the following provisions of this Article 21.2 and the provisions of 
Article 22 below, the CEB Director shall have a fixed appointment term of 12 months but may 
be reappointed for a 2nd term on notice to the company from the CEB. The CEB shall further 
be entitled to remove a CEB Director from office and to appoint another person in their place 
by notice to the company. Where any director appointed by the CEB ceases to be a director 
due to any of the provisions of Article 22 the CEB shall be entitled to appoint another person 
in their place. For the avoidance of doubt, the CEB Director shall not be entitled to be 
remunerated by the company for service as the CEB Director.

I may be wrong but is this not something that was dreamt up by MJ and was a complete sham. I think this is separate from the Trust director.

4 hours ago, Losa said:

I may be wrong but is this not something that was dreamt up by MJ and was a complete sham. I think this is separate from the Trust director.

It is/was separate from the Trust rep ... it was the re-election interval I was indicating.