Killie trust

DrewWylie

On 1/13/2020 at 8:09 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Neither did your half hearted actions with Lauchlan - so don't kid yourself.

Did I claim that they did?  Our actions though never tried to put our club into administration and never introduced a property developer with ambitions to rent a stadium in Hill St to Killie. By the way the trust and her were in it together.

Edited by Riccarton Bluebell

On 1/13/2020 at 8:29 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

That's not what he said and you fine well know it.

Taking lessons off MJ on spin eh? Next you'll be telling us that majority of Killie fans voted to keep the huns in the league......

That is exactly what was said. I may be getting on in years but my power of reading has not left me yet. As you referred to a past Kilmarnock FC chairman, may I ask what would have been your answer to him had he mentioned the trust as dinosaurs in his wing mirror?  

Edited by Riccarton Bluebell

7 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We've no way of knowing either away if any protests, ever had any impact on any board leaving.

Might as well just sit back and accept getting taken for a ride in life if that's the case. Some protested, some didn't. You view on the protests differs from mine, just leave it at that.

He called the Trust a hell of a lot worse than that. And he's not the only one. As for dinosaurs in the wing mirrors, I'm pretty sure Jim wasn't referencing the support as a whole who haven't joined the Trust. You'll need to ask him.

Seems like some fans think it's okay to sling all sorts abuse at folk at the Trust (I'm in no way involved actively with the Trust btw, I just pay money to TIK) but take the slightest bit of offence at any remarks back.

You know the Trust that solely pay for this forum and take all the abuse that goes with it?

Plenty of Killie fans disagreed with NAPM, plenty of my mates did, I didn't fall out with them. They didn't fall out with me. Mainly because we can act like adults and at the end of the day have the same goal, what's best for Kilmarnock FC.

@Mclean07 and I argued on this subject until we were blue in the face. We were poles apart, he didn't agree with NAPM and was very vocal about it. That's fine, that's his choice.

He has moved on though, seemingly doesn't hold grudges like some and can take the tinted specs off and see that the guys on that Trust board have nothing but best interests of Killie at heart. He joined the Trust, went to meeting, saw what they were trying to do and embraced it.

I really wish some Killie fans would let bygone's be bygones. Sadly it appears some are too stuck in their ways and will never let go which is sad.

I honestly know why anyone connected with the Trust bothers as if it was me I'd have chucked it a long, long time ago.

Well said mate absolutely agree wholeheartedly with you 

31 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We've no way of knowing either away if any protests, ever had any impact on any board leaving.

Might as well just sit back and accept getting taken for a ride in life if that's the case. Some protested, some didn't. You view on the protests differs from mine, just leave it at that.

He called the Trust a hell of a lot worse than that. And he's not the only one. As for dinosaurs in the wing mirrors, I'm pretty sure Jim wasn't referencing the support as a whole who haven't joined the Trust. You'll need to ask him.

Seems like some fans think it's okay to sling all sorts abuse at folk at the Trust (I'm in no way involved actively with the Trust btw, I just pay money to TIK) but take the slightest bit of offence at any remarks back.

You know the Trust that solely pay for this forum and take all the abuse that goes with it?

Plenty of Killie fans disagreed with NAPM, plenty of my mates did, I didn't fall out with them. They didn't fall out with me. Mainly because we can act like adults and at the end of the day have the same goal, what's best for Kilmarnock FC.

@Mclean07 and I argued on this subject until we were blue in the face. We were poles apart, he didn't agree with NAPM and was very vocal about it. That's fine, that's his choice.

He has moved on though, seemingly doesn't hold grudges like some and can take the tinted specs off and see that the guys on that Trust board have nothing but best interests of Killie at heart. He joined the Trust, went to meeting, saw what they were trying to do and embraced it.

I really wish some Killie fans would let bygone's be bygones. Sadly it appears some are too stuck in their ways and will never let go which is sad.

I honestly know why anyone connected with the Trust bothers as if it was me I'd have chucked it a long, long time ago.

25 minutes ago, malcr0 said:

NAPM was hugely divisive and still a reason I avoid anything to do with the trust but still contribute to TiK. Not saying I am right or wrong but still how I personally feel.

I don't think NAPM was anything to do with the Trust or TiK. 

As far as I can remember it was just a set of fans who decided that NAPM was the way to go.

If the above is correct then you may need to reassess your position malcr0 on the Trust in my opinion.  

8 minutes ago, CBFC said:

I don't think NAPM was anything to do with the Trust or TiK. 

As far as I can remember it was just a set of fans who decided that NAPM was the way to go.

If the above is correct then you may need to reassess your position malcr0 on the Trust in my opinion.  

To be fair I do know that Jim and Peter weren’t.

A forum is supposed to be about opinions. Certain opinions on here though seem to get abuse for no reason other than it goes against the opinion of trust members.Here is my opinion and that of many fans I know. A football trust is a good idea so let me make that clear at the outset. Our trust however is and will always be tainted by NAPM unless drastic change is implemented. 400 members is not a great number in the grand scheme of things but will never increase significantly without change. A full revamp should have coincided with the resignation of MJ and anyone involved in the NAPM should also have resigned from the trust. It’s still not too late but in my opinion the trust won’t ever reach its potential without getting the NAPM gang out. 

4 minutes ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

A forum is supposed to be about opinions. Certain opinions on here though seem to get abuse for no reason other than it goes against the opinion of trust members.Here is my opinion and that of many fans I know. A football trust is a good idea so let me make that clear at the outset. Our trust however is and will always be tainted by NAPM unless drastic change is implemented. 400 members is not a great number in the grand scheme of things but will never increase significantly without change. A full revamp should have coincided with the resignation of MJ and anyone involved in the NAPM should also have resigned from the trust. It’s still not too late but in my opinion the trust won’t ever reach its potential without getting the NAPM gang out. 

Did a ex killie legend not say the napm were a disgrace to the club?

Edited by killie1961
word missing

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

What’s “the NAPM”? 

It wasn’t a group or an organisation. It was a slogan used by people who boycotted the club. 

I wish they hadn't come up with the slogan because it seems to have caused nothing but confusion with the Trust. 

In my opinion, the NAPM protest is in the past and anyone who, wrongly imo, associates it with the Trust and uses it as a reason not to support an organisation which does a lot of good work in the community and for the club, is missing out on a chance to have input into their work. 

Getting involved would be more productive than clinging on to old grudges. 

Totally agree. Getting involved in something with such positive ambitions is surely worthwhile?

31 minutes ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

Not directed at you but what an absolute load of nonsense

8 minutes ago, troonkilliefan said:

As a Trust Board member it really saddens, and disappoints, me that NAPM still seems to be an issue and/or an excuse for some to either hold grudges against the Trust and/or not be a Trust member and perhaps contribute to TIK

NAPM was a personal choice - not something advocated or actively promoted by either the Trust or KFCSA as some kind of policy.

I remember a few individual office bearers of both the Trust and KFCSA were part of NAPM but they've moved on and are no longer actively involved in either organisation.

It is surely time for us ALL to move on for the greater good - especially for OUR CLUB 

Well said. Time for the whole support to unite and move forward.

2 minutes ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

Jim unless you have a twin brother then you were involved. On the evening that Billy Bowie and  MJ arranged the bank deal, Killie had a home game against Celtic. Did you attend that match or were you outside the hotel protesting with a band of NAPM members? 

I was involved in collecting signatures for a petition against MJ but I was NEVER EVER part of NAPM particularly whilst on the Committee of KFCSA or the Trust Board 

Maybe I have a twin brother !!! 

1 minute ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

Maybe you do as the guy I saw that evening was not collecting signatures. He was also no looking as though he was gong to the match.

Maybe- no point in this as anyone who actually knows me will confirm I supported the team at home (as a season ticket holder) & away during the MJ era whilst acknowledging that some people felt differently which was their personal choice.

Spot on it was always about individuals personal choice and we all exercised that right at the time myself and my family never stopped buying our season tickets during all the MJ years and I fully respected everyone elses stance in it all as well .The important thing is for ALL of us to move on and build on the great work of the past few seasons and pull in the same direction the more the merrier!

3 hours ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

Did I claim that they did?  Our actions though never tried to put our club into administration and never introduced a property developer with ambitions to rent a stadium in Hill St to Killie. By the way the trust and her were in it together.

She tried to gift the Trust her shares in the early days and it was knocked back .... or does that not fit with your theory.

As has been said NAPM was no more than a slogan, and was never connected with the Trust, it seems to have become a convenient excuse for some not to contribute to an excellent cause.

Some utter nonsense being spouted here.

I also have no connection to the Trust other than being a contributor. 

Edited by Andy