Killie trust

DrewWylie

1 hour ago, CBFC said:

I don't think NAPM was anything to do with the Trust or TiK. 

As far as I can remember it was just a set of fans who decided that NAPM was the way to go.

If the above is correct then you may need to reassess your position malcr0 on the Trust in my opinion.  

It wasn't. 

When KS was sacked, I was one of the first to say on here that I was finished and wouldn't be back until MJ had gone.  A few posts later Hippo said similar and at the end of his post added something like ' MJ was getting not a penny more' ..... that became the tagline or hashtag for those in opposition to MJ.

If it had been someone with less of a profile who coined the phrase then it would not have been linked to the Trust.  

3 minutes ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

Where are her shares? I don’t think they were knocked back hard enough. Does that not fit in with your theory?

I don't know or really care where her shares are .... what I do know is what I posted.  If her and the trust were in collusion then why did they refuse the shares? Surely they would have accepted them with open arms.... because at that time it would have made them one of the largest shareholders.  

2 hours ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

A forum is supposed to be about opinions. Certain opinions on here though seem to get abuse for no reason other than it goes against the opinion of trust members.Here is my opinion and that of many fans I know. A football trust is a good idea so let me make that clear at the outset. Our trust however is and will always be tainted by NAPM unless drastic change is implemented. 400 members is not a great number in the grand scheme of things but will never increase significantly without change. A full revamp should have coincided with the resignation of MJ and anyone involved in the NAPM should also have resigned from the trust. It’s still not too late but in my opinion the trust won’t ever reach its potential without getting the NAPM gang out. 

Who are the NAPM gang?

2 hours ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

A football trust is a good idea so let me make that clear at the outset. Our trust however is and will always be tainted by NAPM unless drastic change is implemented. 

As stated elsewhere NAPM was never a Trust initiative, or indeed policy, it was only ever about personal choice for fans. I would however be interested to hear what drastic change you think would be appropriate. At the time some Trust Directors did support NAPM but not everyone, I think most of them are no longer involved in the running of the Trust. What else, in you opinion, can the Trust possibly do now to support fans to pull together to strengthen our football club?

Qs & As from 2013 Trust AGM:

Is it true that the Killie Trust are in league with the Klin Group and want to sell Rugby Park for housing and move to the new HALO Arena?

In a word, no. The Klin Group had a viable plan to turn things around at the club and introduce community ownership to it over a sustained period of time as their legacy to the people of Kilmarnock. The Trust bought into that and supported it at the time because it was the best viable option on the table to ensure the club not only survived but flourished and it ticked a lot of boxes as far as we were concerned on the community front.

Our primary concern is the club’s future and we are willing to talk to anyone who is looking to restore Kilmarnock FC’s place at the heart of the community where it should be and make it a sustainable entity that we can all continue to be proud of. That is why we are currently in discussions with the Kilmarnock Futures Consortium, their plans also merit consideration and should the current regime come up with a plan that does not involve individuals financially benefiting at the expense of the club then we would certainly look into that too.

Moving the club to the HALO Arena from Rugby Park has never been a topic of discussion at Trust Board Meetings, the Klin Group have previously stated that was not their intention either. We view it for what it is, an impressive plan for a state-of the-art multi-use stadium which our whole community can benefit from. In our case we thought that it would be perfect for bringing team training back to our own area and put a stop to paying for facilities in Glasgow to keep the squad in shape.

Are the Trust behind the “Not a Penny More” movement?

Again, no. At no stage have we ever encouraged fans not to go to Rugby Park or to stop putting money into the club. I never have and never will do that personally and I would have to seriously consider my position with the Trust if at some point that was the road the members chose to take. The sad fact is that attendances in Scottish football have been declining for years now, and we are one of the most affected. The slightly elevated downturn in figures this season can most likely be attributed to the reaction of fans to events on and off the park towards the tail end of last season and into this (sacking of Kenny Shiels).

I find it incredible that anyone would try and lay the blame for falling attendances at our door. People have minds of their own and make decision for themselves based on their own circumstances and what they believe. We are not in the business of telling people what to do, our business is to ensure that the fans get proper representation when it comes to the running of the club and that whoever is in charge is held accountable for their actions.

There are many reasons why fans have stopped going, too many to mention, sadly it does not look as if the decline in numbers will stop until there have been some sort of regime change at the club that will make fans feel as if they belong again and it’s still their club.

For the record, Marie Macklin donated all but 1,000 of her shareholding to Trust in 2013.

Edited by skygod

4 hours ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

A forum is supposed to be about opinions. Certain opinions on here though seem to get abuse for no reason other than it goes against the opinion of trust members.Here is my opinion and that of many fans I know. A football trust is a good idea so let me make that clear at the outset. Our trust however is and will always be tainted by NAPM unless drastic change is implemented. 400 members is not a great number in the grand scheme of things but will never increase significantly without change. A full revamp should have coincided with the resignation of MJ and anyone involved in the NAPM should also have resigned from the trust. It’s still not too late but in my opinion the trust won’t ever reach its potential without getting the NAPM gang out. 

The trust never ever supported NAPM. 

Some members maybe but not the trust but feel free to rewrite history. There were fans across our support who protested in many ways. 

Be bitter and hold grudges for the rest of time though but life's too short IMO abd its unhealthy. There's a few folk that stood by MJ for many years but I don't hold a grudge against them. Even though there's a few who certainly hold a grudge against anyone who took part in NAPM. 

Since "NAPM" The Trust have put in circa £250k into the club (or wlll have by next time there's a tranche of shares bought from TIK) and I honestly fail to see how ALL fans can't get behind that. 

I honestly don't know why I'm bothering as you've shown you've zero interest in drawing a line under it and letting the support unite. 

Pretty sad really but that's your prerogative. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

4 hours ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

Who's the NAPM gang? Who on the trust board took part in NAPM?

Genuinely interested. 

But as somebody who took part in NAPM I'm.happy I can say the few hundred quid a give TIK each year on top of season  ticket etc has long paid back any money the club lost out via NAPM. 

In fact my tax free TIK contribution works out more than the season ticket cost a year so we could say the roles have reversed eh as I'm effectively paying double each season (same as 100s more)

Shame it's not 1000s more but maybe if you tell the Trust what drastic overhaul they need to make to boost support in TIK we'll see the number increase? 

Ok....@Riccarton Bluebell

Which current members of the Trust board were also serving back in 2013/14 when the  NAPM 'campaign' was active?

How many of those board members from 2013/14 took the NAPM stance?

You want a complete change of the board .... I assume you will be putting yourself forward to serve a 2yr spell on the board.

I'll even nominate you for a position.

1 hour ago, Souleycouley93 said:

This is getting embarrassing. Tik is a good scheme run by volunteers to help our club and the fact that it benefits the club and the supporters matchday experience is great. 400 odd people contributing should be 2000 easy. 

Every fan has different opinions on club affairs and team selections but the reason we are all on here is our one common interest Killie.

TIK might not be for you then fair enough if you feel so strongly about it. But sniping folk who are trying and making positive changes at the club we all care about is pathetic. Holding grudges against people’s personal opinions comes across really bitter.

It’s a real shame that our trust and TIK isn’t better supported like it is at other clubs. It can only a be a positive thing.

Totally agree.  Its depressing reading this forum and realising how fractured a support we have.  Only way to make yourself feel better is to go on other club websites and realise that its not just us - everyone is at it.

When I was down at a Blackpool match recently, there was an article on NAPM (exactly the term used), when the Oystons were in charge. Felt quite nostalgic reading it over a pint in the Blackpool FC hotel. @Squirrelhumper is correct about our fierce debate at the time, and we’ve never had a bad word to say about each other since :D When all is said and done, I can’t believe we have less than 10% of our very loyal core support contributing. It just doesn’t add up. 

1 minute ago, Mclean07 said:

When I was down at a Blackpool match recently, there was an article on NAPM (exactly the term used), when the Oystons were in charge. Felt quite nostalgic reading it over a pint in the Blackpool FC hotel. @Squirrelhumper is correct about our fierce debate at the time, and we’ve never had a bad word to say about each other since :D When all is said and done, I can’t believe we have less than 10% of our very loyal core support contributing. It just doesn’t add up. 

Ha, if you can join the trust and back TIK than anyone can! Thankfully you can seperate the past from the future. 

Although I strongly disagree with Riccarton Bluebell it seems obvious that his point of view, or a point of view that is similar to his does affect the number of people contributing to TiK. With a similar sized support to Motherwell and St. Mirren we are failing to attract the numbers that both of these clubs have. A significant number of our support don't appear to trust the Trust and some of that is rooted in what happened when MJ was chairman. I can't think of any other explanation for the comparatively poor numbers that we have. 

12 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Although I strongly disagree with Riccarton Bluebell it seems obvious that his point of view, or a point of view that is similar to his does affect the number of people contributing to TiK. With a similar sized support to Motherwell and St. Mirren we are failing to attract the numbers that both of these clubs have. A significant number of our support don't appear to trust the Trust and some of that is rooted in what happened when MJ was chairman. I can't think of any other explanation for the comparatively poor numbers that we have. 

Biggest problem I feel is thankfully the club is not in trouble. People rally round in times of crisis the feeling is that even though on the park at the moment isn’t great the actual club is not under threat. Most people are also used to a board Or individual owning a club so there’s not a massive interest or possibly a need for fan ownership in the majority of the fans eyes.

8 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Perhaps these folk would like to take over from the Trust board then?

8 hours ago, Kanyon said:

Biggest problem I feel is thankfully the club is not in trouble. People rally round in times of crisis the feeling is that even though on the park at the moment isn’t great the actual club is not under threat. Most people are also used to a board Or individual owning a club so there’s not a massive interest or possibly a need for fan ownership in the majority of the fans eyes.

Neither Motherwell or St Mirren are in trouble yet they have 1000s singed up to a similar scheme.

7 hours ago, baz said:

There were NO Trust Board members that were involved in the earlier protests from that point on...but sadly/inexplicably nothing changed in terms of sign ups.

And that's exactly why I asked @Riccarton Bluebell what kind of overhaul would see him support the Trust as you've just debunked his reasons.

I'm totally fine with folk not wanting to join but can never get my head round folk actively bad mouthing a group who put £100k's into the club.

5 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Neither Motherwell or St Mirren are in trouble yet they have 1000s singed up to a similar scheme.

Both trusts are selling something completely different. We’re selling a voice on the board, with the possibility of fan ownership in the very distant future, if we can accumulate more shares than the current majority shareholder. They’re selling fan ownership now. 

42 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Both trusts are selling something completely different. We’re selling a voice on the board, with the possibility of fan ownership in the very distant future, if we can accumulate more shares than the current majority shareholder. They’re selling fan ownership now. 

The voice on the board is very quiet. In fact the full board seem to have been struck dumb recently.