Killie trust

DrewWylie

9 hours ago, Kanyon said:

Biggest problem I feel is thankfully the club is not in trouble. People rally round in times of crisis the feeling is that even though on the park at the moment isn’t great the actual club is not under threat. Most people are also used to a board Or individual owning a club so there’s not a massive interest or possibly a need for fan ownership in the majority of the fans eyes.

Why do folk always have to be reactive instead of proactive? Why wait for a disaster so fans have to pick up the pieces when you can build yourself stronger now to avoid that disaster altogether? 

I don't understand why folk still expect people like Billy Bowie or whoever to permanently bank roll the club. Yes he's a wealthy man but he'll be losing money through the club. He's perfectly entitled to say tomorrow that he's had enough and is pulling his funding or worse is calling in his debt. Then where would we be?  

If St mirren have 1000 members paying a minimum £12 a month. That's £12000 a month into club. £144k a year. 2/3 decent players wages. 

If anything we should be joining to try to match/better our closest rivals, Motherwell and St Mirren are probably the closest teams to us in terms of size in the league. We all have similar season ticket sales, attendances and history. Why let them have an advantage over us? 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Neither Motherwell or St Mirren are in trouble yet they have 1000s singed up to a similar scheme.

Exactly. Looks terrible on us. Look how many punters moan about St Mirren not giving us extra tickets but can’t sign up to TIK. Embarrassing 

3 minutes ago, cammy_boy said:

Out of interest what kind of things does St Mirren's and Motherwells groups put their money towards? 

Same sort of things. Saints did/are doing a Wheelchair platform with part of the monthly fees. The rest go to paying off their front funder.

Saints had a guy buy a stake in the club and the fans are now paying that back i believe. They got a fan rep on board aswell. 

1 hour ago, PrestersKtid said:

Why do folk always have to be reactive instead of proactive? Why wait for a disaster so fans have to pick up the pieces when you can build yourself stronger now to avoid that disaster altogether? 

I don't understand why folk still expect people like Billy Bowie or whoever to permanently bank roll the club. Yes he's a wealthy man but he'll be losing money through the club. He's perfectly entitled to say tomorrow that he's had enough and is pulling his funding or worse is calling in his debt. Then where would we be?  

If St mirren have 1000 members paying a minimum £12 a month. That's £12000 a month into club. £144k a year. 2/3 decent players wages. 

If anything we should be joining to try to match/better our closest rivals, Motherwell and St Mirren are probably the closest teams to us in terms of size in the league. We all have similar season ticket sales, attendances and history. Why let them have an advantage over us? 

Spot on mate.

Motherwell have experienced administration and St Mirren weren't too far away at one point so that can have an effect on the level of support from the fans who never want to go there again. 

The club have never, as far as I can recall, stated that we were close to administration..... although my own opinion is we were closer than MJ ever admitted to and I believe that a huge majority of fans see that as us being safe and secure and the trust not being needed.

1 hour ago, cammy_boy said:

Out of interest what kind of things does St Mirren's and Motherwells groups put their money towards? 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.smisa.net/&ved=2ahUKEwiyuJvVwYXnAhUKAcAKHQQbAl8QFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw29cT9ZqRdWq-hYIYBtTQbh&cshid=1579088332905

Sorry, it's a messy link but click on "ten things they have achieved so far". 

Edited by Wrangodog

4 hours ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

The voice on the board is very quiet. In fact the full board seem to have been struck dumb recently. 

Maybe she just wants to pick and choose which questions to answer. A bit like yourself. Everyone is still waiting to find out who the NAPM gang are at the trust that stops you from contributing?

4 hours ago, Riccarton Bluebell said:

The voice on the board is very quiet. In fact the full board seem to have been struck dumb recently. 

Anyway, the NAPM gang on the Trust board - who are they? I can't think of anyone on the Trust board who were NAPM?

Also, this overhaul of the Trust that you suggest to attract new members - what have you in mind?

Or is this just a case of rubbishing the current version but no suggestions as to how it can be improved?