Christophe Berra

allybee

52 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

Just read the BBC article. While Berra is done at this level, to list him and make him train with the reserves absolutely stinks. Two day after his wedding too.

Stendel has shown a fair few red flags as an appointment.

I don't agree, he is being ruthless and doesn't care about reputations. His wedding has no bearing on this either.

12 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

I don't agree, he is being ruthless and doesn't care about reputations. His wedding has no bearing on this either.

Perhaps. But he has been far from complimentary about the players from day one, critical of the whole structure of the club and is still in dispute with Barnsley. A dodgy appointment. He’s had one good year and one bad one in management and that’s about it.

As for the wedding, it’s true that it’s not directly relevant. But context is important. The context here is that, out of the blue, he’s put his captain in the reserves.

3 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

The context here is that, out of the blue

How do you know it was out of the blue? 

Stendel could’ve told him he needed to sharpen up, might have seen him pull a face, chat back or maybe just thought he was a bad influence in the dressing room. Not going to take the players interview with the BBC as gospel. 

Think we may have already seen the consequences of a Manager not being able to select the people that he wants around him this season. 

However, it’s a definite no for me. He should perhaps look at a career in WWE. 

6 minutes ago, KTID1869fc said:

How do you know it was out of the blue? 

Stendel could’ve told him he needed to sharpen up, might have seen him pull a face, chat back or maybe just thought he was a bad influence in the dressing room. Not going to take the players interview with the BBC as gospel. 

Think we may have already seen the consequences of a Manager not being able to select the people that he wants around him this season. 

However, it’s a definite no for me. He should perhaps look at a career in WWE. 

Berra said it was out of the blue.

I don’t rate Berra but I rate Stendel even less.

2 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

Berra said it was out of the blue.

I don’t rate Berra but I rate Stendel even less.

He’s hardly likely to say the gaffer said I was s**t after the Hibs game then even s**tter at Hamilton so I’m off. 

Hope you’re right on Stendel tho, would be happy to see them go down 

19 minutes ago, KTID1869fc said:

He’s hardly likely to say the gaffer said I was s**t after the Hibs game then even s**tter at Hamilton so I’m off. 

Hope you’re right on Stendel tho, would be happy to see them go down 

True. But at the end of the day, Stendel has come in, rubbished a lot of the team, slapped down two very experienced players (one who was involved in big internationals for Ireland recently) and generally given it the Big I Am. Based on not much of a track record himself. I hope they tank and I think they will.