£68,412.00

Gaffer

Our average salary for first team squad this season apparently, only the 5 big city clubs paying more according to Edinburgh Evening News. The Edinburgh 2 and Aberdeen paying almost double us, but we should be an attractive proposition for players looking for a move over the rest of the League going on wages alone, never mind bigger crowds and decent facilities etc. Expecting announcements this week to bolster the squad they are needed to give everyone a boost.

17 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Our average salary for first team squad this season apparently, only the 5 big city clubs paying more according to Edinburgh Evening News. The Edinburgh 2 and Aberdeen paying almost double us, but we should be an attractive proposition for players looking for a move over the rest of the League going on wages alone, never mind bigger crowds and decent facilities etc. Expecting announcements this week to bolster the squad they are needed to give everyone a boost.

I don't understand how they get this information.  Even if you read the club's accounts (when will we see the latest set?)  you cannot identify salaries only related to players.  

2 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

Will some of this be due to bonuses after an exceptional season? 

It doesn't make sense that we're sixth highest payer and can't seem to attract any decent signings. Something seems wrong somewhere! 

The lack of a Manager at the beginning of the season, the loss to the Nomads and the rumours of unrest and fall outs thereafter can’t have helped.

But we aren't attracting decent players. Must have signed on to this site hundreds of times in the summer hoping for positive news and probably ten times per day in this window and absolutely nothing! 

Take the point about the short career and where Dicker's family are living £50, 000 to £60000 per year is probably only a goodish salary. But if its the best he can get, which it must be, I feel the club and especially its supporters deserve a bit more respect especially from the captain. 

The players are living our dream and if they can't see that brings a special responsibility then the disconnect with the fanbase will only grow. Never known the club be more in need of a lift from new signings than it does right now! 

1 minute ago, Harrogate Peter said:

But we aren't attracting decent players. Must have signed on to this site hundreds of times in the summer hoping for positive news and probably ten times per day in this window and absolutely nothing! 

Take the point about the short career and where Dicker's family are living £50, 000 to £60000 per year is probably only a goodish salary. But if its the best he can get, which it must be, I feel the club and especially its supporters deserve a bit more respect especially from the captain. 

The players are living our dream and if they can't see that brings a special responsibility then the disconnect with the fanbase will only grow. Never known the club be more in need of a lift from new signings than it does right now! 

I think last season we had a lot of good players in the squad.

This season, it’s fewer, yes, but Power, Brophy, O’Donnell, Dicker, Findlay and Burke are all guys who would be of great interest to bigger clubs.

None of our players can moan getting 50k plus. They get to live the dream of every fan by playing football for a living, they train a few times a week, play a game or 2 and interact with the community every so often. 

Most folk would be desperate for that kind of money in their work. If we could get a gem in lower leagues that would be great.

Problem for us is we need the type of quality player that normally are used to much higher wages, trying to convince them is the challenge. someone who is desperate to play and willing to get some pocket money. 

Just now, NorfolkG said:

I think last season we had a lot of good players in the squad.

This season, it’s fewer, yes, but Power, Brophy, O’Donnell, Dicker, Findlay and Burke are all guys who would be of great interest to bigger clubs.

I know what you are saying but we signed Burke from Ross County and he's 35 and I'm really not sure Dicker would get a bigger club than us in the summer if he was to leave.

29 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I know what you are saying but we signed Burke from Ross County and he's 35 and I'm really not sure Dicker would get a bigger club than us in the summer if he was to leave.

Areed. Now, there is slim chance. But on performances I think the salaries are fair.

And there was a lot of discussion on here 6 weeks ago (was it really only 6 weeks?!) about getting in-form Dicker sorted before Aberdeen tried to pinch him...

Edited by NorfolkG

2 minutes ago, Mclean07 said:

If that’s the average, the some will be on a fair bit more. It’s not that great a wage for a short, insecure career that can end anytime. I know plenty of people that earned that ten years ago, in secure, pensionable jobs with perks added. 

Being a footballer is a pensionable job., few perks added too.

Whilst I agree it's a insecure career, is any career secure these days?

Not a bad wage for 2 hours training a day and playing 1 or 2 games a week. Most players will be home before most of us are heading for our lunch break.

1 minute ago, historyman said:

I wonder what the average WEEKLY wage is in the English Premiership?
On one is going to reite at 37 on £68k per year

Nope, but a good few of them will have earned more than £68k a year before Killie and a few will earn a good bit more than that after Killie.

if Boyd has been sensible, he wouldn't need to work post football. Same with Burke I'd imagine given the wages they had at Rangers and down south.

4 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

Would be interesting to see how the figure compares to the average in say English league 1 and 2 -and how far we are below the wages on offer-----clubs like our often lose out when trying to recruit players who opt for a club in the lower leagues down south

Quick check seems to suggest £1700 to £2500 is average in league 1, league 2 £1300 to £1500. However likes of sunderland, ipswich and portsmouth will offer much higher i'd expect.

Otherwise relatively comparable with Scottish top flight but not many english players would want to come to us when they can get similar nearer home. Need to be struggling to get game time. Should be targeting scottish and irish players based in england, more reason to come up the road, either that or go lower leagues. 

15 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Quick check seems to suggest £1700 to £2500 is average in league 1, league 2 £1300 to £1500. However likes of sunderland, ipswich and portsmouth will offer much higher i'd expect.

Otherwise relatively comparable with Scottish top flight but not many english players would want to come to us when they can get similar nearer home. Need to be struggling to get game time. Should be targeting scottish and irish players based in england, more reason to come up the road, either that or go lower leagues. 

I'd think given the option between SPFL Premiership and English League 1 our league would have more appeal when there's comparable money. Playing against the Glasgow, Edinburgh sides and Aberdeen hold appeal to players. The potential of teams getting into Europe, the potential of playing at Hampden if you get to a cup semi. If you do well here there's always a road back to English football at a better level. Even the sides at the top of League One, they might have decent money but I don't imagine there's a huge amount of excitement in playing against Wycombe, Rotherham or Oxford.