Players back

Ngonge88

A wee break will have done them good. Given them time with family over festivities and for the more senior ones a chance to reflect on the poor performances and getting their mind right for second half of season and doing better. Hopefully given AD et al a chance to identify targets and a new system that fits the current crop as our old system isn’t fit for purpose with the players at our current disposal sadly.

Just hope it is seen as a fresh start and "re-boot" as such for all --

due to the issues behind the scenes, the lack of goals and that run of bad defeats and performances -- the previous confidence this squad had had all but drained away and even the more reliable players who over previous 2 years or more had stepped up and seen us through so many tough games ---had looked very leg weary and hesitant in the latter games

Hopefully will be 3 or 4 additions now appearing in next week or so

Edited by Scouser2

Alex dyers interview was no bad. Seems really happy to get the job. Admits he has targets and looking at getting a goal scorer and creative player in.

Unlike Locke and mcculloch I can see dyer being able to separate the pals with the players part of being an assistant. This is is his big chance and I don’t think he’ll be half arseing it. 

I can’t work out if he’s got Gary Locke fever with the “working hard” or if he’s trying to send a message to the players that they need to get the finger out. 

He seems a lot more enthusiastic than he has done previously about the job which is good although I’m still not overly inspired. 

Interesting the way he talks about getting the job. Looks very much like results and match performance were not taken into account and more to do with how things have been day to day since AA left. 

Hopefully we can get the players we need in soon to give him the best chance of success in the role

1 hour ago, PrestersKtid said:

Unlike Locke and mcculloch I can see dyer being able to separate the pals with the players part of being an assistant. This is is his big chance and I don’t think he’ll be half arseing it. 

I hope you're right. This was the main reason why I didn't think giving him the job was the right thing to do.

I somehow think Dyer can throw the teacups when he has to ... and put an arm round the shoulder when required. He has never looked comfortable talking to the press at any time so I wouldn't hold that against him.

As for 'working hard in training', it has already been mentioned Clarke used that line often without any knicker wetting so why are we relating it to Locke's reign all the time.

He has been here through a successful period and knows what he has to work with and to bring in in an attempt to replicate those days.

It ain't going to be an easy ride for the rest of the season... but it never has been following Killie.

ADBAWA .... bring it on!!

28 minutes ago, chubbs said:

I somehow think Dyer can throw the teacups when he has to ... and put an arm round the shoulder when required. He has never looked comfortable talking to the press at any time so I wouldn't hold that against him.

As for 'working hard in training', it has already been mentioned Clarke used that line often without any knicker wetting so why are we relating it to Locke's reign all the time.

He has been here through a successful period and knows what he has to work with and to bring in in an attempt to replicate those days.

It ain't going to be an easy ride for the rest of the season... but it never has been following Killie.

Well said! :hurrah:

42 minutes ago, chubbs said:

Agree just because he’s not great in front of the camera doesn’t make him a bad manager. As i have said in previous post give the guy a chance and see what happens in the January window and then we can all judge. 

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Miller away back to Liverpool seemingly.

Hasn’t really had the impact we hoped for since he came back in the summer. Saying that though makes us even more desperate for players now being 3 attacking options down on top of what we needed before they left.