Message from AD

KillkieBoab

11 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

I like AA. Would be delighted for him if he makes it work.

At the moment he sounds like a man with a lot of experience as a fitness-centred assistant manager, which he is. He might grab this chance and run with it but we definitely need more than hard work and two players.

In that interview AD comes across as a hell of a nice guy. I'm not sure a hell of a nice guy is what we need right now. Hard work only goes so far, we need more quality and a greater attacking threat. I have my doubts, but I wish AD all the best and hope he proves me wrong.

AD in that interview comes across in the same way he was when under SC and what fans appreciated during that period  , he is a very likeable straight forward appreciative kinda guy and can see why players like working with him ....

For various reasons I hope he can turn things around quickly and prove himself capable of this new role both in this short term to end of season and beyond ......he does need the support of Fowler and backing from the Board in this window to find the quality needed 

19 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

In that interview AD comes across as a hell of a nice guy. I'm not sure a hell of a nice guy is what we need right now. Hard work only goes so far, we need more quality and a greater attacking threat. I have my doubts, but I wish AD all the best and hope he proves me wrong.

I hope Massimo Donati will be playing the Gugli(elmo) Marrone role!

I’d have liked a bit more detail. He’s been given the job and results were not a factor. We know he’s made some changes already and has his ideas on how he wants to go forward. A bit more depth on those areas would have been ideal to help us understand why he got the job. Perhaps a bit about St Mirren and the reaction to the result from the support and the players.

Can he spot a player In our price range that would improve the team? Can he organise players? Can he motivate players? Can he improve their technical ability? Does he have the ability to read a game and make tactical changes? 

The answer needs to be yes to most of those questions if he is going to be success. I don’t know the answer to any of them but the changes he made in the St Mirren game made things worse. 

1 minute ago, historyman said:

Can he spot a player In our price range that would improve the team? Can he organise players? Can he motivate players? Can he improve their technical ability? Does he have the ability to read a game and make tactical changes? 

The answer needs to be yes to most of those questions if he is going to be success. I don’t know the answer to any of them but the changes he made in the St Mirren game made things worse. 

Not the first of those questions, that will be Fow. AD should be highlighting deficiencies in the current playing staff which stop him playing the way he wants to. Others I agree with and only time will tell.

Personally I wish him the best of luck, always comes across as a good bloke and he clearly has built a great affinity with e club.

Nice guy, no doubt. Doesn’t inspire confidence in me however. Whatever way we look at this, it’s a c level appointment. It’s not to say it can’t work out. Good things can come out of chaos. But it’s a cobbled together plan. Trying to replicate the Clarke blue print without clarke likely won’t work. I’ll be giving it “ Alex dyers blue and white army” on match days but out with I’ll be fully expecting a new man in the dugout come July.

8 hours ago, Candygram for ****o said:

It’ll be tough going for him (I imagine) but I’m confident things will get better. 

Better than the league position we were in when Alessio got sacked? I hope you're right, 4th would be a great achievement this season and depending on who wins the cup we can look forward to Europe next year. 

12 hours ago, NorfolkG said:

I hope Massimo Donati will be playing the Gugli(elmo) Marrone role!

Has it been confirmed that Donati will be stepping up to assistant manager? I was hoping they would allow Dyer to bring in someone of his own. No offence to Donati, I've no reason to doubt he's a decent coach or that Dyer wants him there, just I'd have hoped they would have given Dyer the budget to bring in someone else too.

33 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Has it been confirmed that Donati will be stepping up to assistant manager? I was hoping they would allow Dyer to bring in someone of his own. No offence to Donati, I've no reason to doubt he's a decent coach or that Dyer wants him there, just I'd have hoped they would have given Dyer the budget to bring in someone else too.

He's only been given job till the summer, no one in worth approaching would consider a 6 month deal.

1 hour ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

He's only been given job till the summer, no one in worth approaching would consider a 6 month deal.

Pretty sure there will be coaches out of work that would add something to our management team. If they want Dyer to be a success, if they want him to be the manager going forward, they should be doing everything they can to help him achieve what he's looking for.

2 hours ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Better than the league position we were in when Alessio got sacked? I hope you're right, 4th would be a great achievement this season and depending on who wins the cup we can look forward to Europe next year. 

No, I mean better than things are at the moment. As I told you before Killie were in a false position sitting 5th. They were/are in with the County’s, Hamilton’s, Livi’s, and St Mirren’s of the league. 

People seem to grasp onto this ‘AA had us in 5th’ as if that means everything was fine. If they thought that then they either don’t know too much about football, had their heads in the sand or are just saying it in what is presumably some sort of face-saving argument because they were sure AA was a fab appointment. 

Just now, Dieter's Heeder said:

There's no such thing. Your position in the league literally reflects how you've compared with other sides throughout the course of a season or part of. 

I’ve already had this discussion with Gaz and Squirrel... but briefly, a 38 game season has a finish-position where a team deserves to be. Like last season we finished 3rd deservedly so. At 18 or so games we were top; a false position in the context of a full season as no-one thought we were going to finish there. But we were there at the time and it was great. 

Killie under AA were in a false position in 5th....had he had the whole season I dread to think where we’d’ve finished. 

25 minutes ago, Candygram for ****o said:

No, I mean better than things are at the moment. As I told you before Killie were in a false position sitting 5th. They were/are in with the County’s, Hamilton’s, Livi’s, and St Mirren’s of the league.

Nah we weren't.

We were sitting 5th. We've since lost 3 on the spin and now sit 7th.

That's not a false position - that's where we were given how many points we picked up.