Message from AD

KillkieBoab

If he gets fitness back to last seasons levels that will be a major step in the right direction.

We all know areas we need strengthened whether there is someone at Club with contacts / draw to get them to be Killie is the unknown at present, obviosuly BB's backing will also have an impact if correct players can be found.

47 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

If you tell us stuff twice is it compulsory for us to accept it, or can we still think it is dung?

I didn’t tell you anything....once or twice. My reply originally was to Gaz 20/20 and my second Dieter Heeder. 

What you think about or do with dung is your prerogative. 

Edited by Candygram for mongo

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Probably better than 7th.

Not sure what you mean. I may be wrong but I think you’re saying AA in 5th everything fine/AD 7th everything crap. 
If so I think you need a slightly bigger field of vision. You’re looking at it like an on-off switch. 

14 minutes ago, Candygram for ****o said:

No, based on performances and squad of players in comparison to others in the context of a full season. 

So if you're basing it on players available are we now in a false position because we've been missing Findlay/SOD/Power since we dropped down the league?

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

So if you're basing it on players available are we now in a false position because we've been missing Findlay/SOD/Power since we dropped down the league?

Now you’re making things up or getting mixed up.......I never said on players available, I said squad of players. You’re bringing in players missing through injury/suspension; that’s all part of the context of a full season. 

1 hour ago, Candygram for ****o said:

Were you confident Killie would’ve picked up any points in the last 3 games had AA still been there?

Yes 4, beating St Mirren, based on the fact we have already beaten them this season, and minimum a point against Motherwell based on us losing narrowly to them when playing with 10 men for the majority of the match at Fir Park earlier in the season.

All hypothetical of course, as we can only go with what we actually achieved, which was 3 defeats and 0 points, or indeed goals.

Edited by Gaz of the 20/20

5 hours ago, Candygram for ****o said:

I’ve already had this discussion with Gaz and Squirrel... but briefly, a 38 game season has a finish-position where a team deserves to be. Like last season we finished 3rd deservedly so. At 18 or so games we were top; a false position in the context of a full season as no-one thought we were going to finish there. But we were there at the time and it was great. 

Killie under AA were in a false position in 5th....had he had the whole season I dread to think where we’d’ve finished. 

This 

22 minutes ago, CBFC said:

£50,000 a week players were never going to come to Killie.

These players have made what can be deemed as strange moves in the past. Mixu found a way using contacts to get Eremenko who was making crazy money at his parent club. Clarke managed to convince Mulumbu to join when he was used to EPL and Championship wages. It’s not always about financial contributions but how clubs and individuals manipulate the market. We were never set up to work the market properly in the summer and question marks remain at the moment. 

17 hours ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Yes 4, beating St Mirren, based on the fact we have already beaten them this season, and minimum a point against Motherwell based on us losing narrowly to them when playing with 10 men for the majority of the match at Fir Park earlier in the season.

All hypothetical of course, as we can only go with what we actually achieved, which was 3 defeats and 0 points, or indeed goals.

All about opinions. All hypothetical as you say. I disagree, I think it would’ve been 3 defeats with a worse than 0-3 aggregate. 

There may have been a little improvement in the performance v Motherwell compared to the few games before it but the performance v Rangers wasn't as good as the one against them earlier in the season and the performance v St Mirren was embarrassing. We were totally rubbish and Dyer's tactical changes and substitutions actually made things worse. We had players not even knowing whether they should come back to defend a corner or remain up the pitch, looking at the dugout for instruction and none was forthcoming. That is why I am very concerned by his appointment as manager until the end of the season. I hope I am proved to be very wrong but i dont expect him to deliver more points per league game than AA did.

17 minutes ago, historyman said:

There may have been a little improvement in the performance v Motherwell compared to the few games before it but the performance v Rangers wasn't as good as the one against them earlier in the season and the performance v St Mirren was embarrassing. We were totally rubbish and Dyer's tactical changes and substitutions actually made things worse. We had players not even knowing whether they should come back to defend a corner or remain up the pitch, looking at the dugout for instruction and none was forthcoming. That is why I am very concerned by his appointment as manager until the end of the season. I hope I am proved to be very wrong but i dont expect him to deliver more points per league game than AA did.

I'm with you on the tactical side in that we lack leadership to influence the games we have recently struggled in. Something missing which is clear for all to see and need to look at getting a figure on the park who will actually drive the team along. Not a great example but Scott Brown has the stripes on the park at Celtic and effectively uses them. When things going awry on field no point in looking at the dugout need a on-field leader urgently to get things organised and drive the team along.

42 minutes ago, tanerba'Tam said:

I'm with you on the tactical side in that we lack leadership to influence the games we have recently struggled in. Something missing which is clear for all to see and need to look at getting a figure on the park who will actually drive the team along. Not a great example but Scott Brown has the stripes on the park at Celtic and effectively uses them. When things going awry on field no point in looking at the dugout need a on-field leader urgently to get things organised and drive the team along.

Yes, we absolutely need a leader on the park but players at least need to know their jobs and that’s for the management team to decide and communicate effectively to them. That certainly wasn’t the case at St Mirren - even for basic things like positioning at corners. It was embarrassing, like watching a kids team. 

16 minutes ago, historyman said:

Yes, we absolutely need a leader on the park but players at least need to know their jobs and that’s for the management team to decide and communicate effectively to them. That certainly wasn’t the case at St Mirren - even for basic things like positioning at corners. It was embarrassing, like watching a kids team. 

Agreed - however find it strange that these guys are getting coached week in week out and struggle to do basic stuff right regardless who is in the dugout. 

Nobody seems capable of sorting out the defence etc. A lot of these senior players are also doing coaching badges so should have a better conception what is needed on the park.  Maybe nobody wants to take the on-field role of giving a good boot up to the jaxy to those that need it. Whilst AD has not shone tactically over the last 3 games still expect senior professionals to know their job at set pieces etc. Surely they can't have forgot all that SC taught them!!

6 minutes ago, tanerba'Tam said:

A lot of these senior players are also doing coaching badges so should have a better conception what is needed on the park.  

From what I've heard, it was that which was getting a semblance of structure onto the pitch and not Alessio. By which I mean the players were sorting things out a****st themselves to some extent. 

If that's the case (we'll probably never know the full truth - but I did often see Alessio tell players to do one thing for them to do the opposite...) 

But if that's the case, maybe it will take a wee bit of time to shake that from them and get into a managed style again. 

I would definitely agree that we saw no sense of that in Paisley, but fingers crossed that's what they are working on now. 

On 1/7/2020 at 8:42 PM, mitch14 said:

If you remove the words "work hard" that would be about thirty seconds long. 

Saying all the right things. I hope it translates onto the pitch. 

Tend to agree....... probably such a repetitive interview more because they're keeping their cards close to their chest, or everything is still up in the air regarding squad/transfer window etc..... imho we would be better waiting till there's actually something to tell supporters before doing these interviews. 

1 hour ago, cdj said:

Tend to agree....... probably such a repetitive interview more because they're keeping their cards close to their chest, or everything is still up in the air regarding squad/transfer window etc..... imho we would be better waiting till there's actually something to tell supporters before doing these interviews. 

9 days till next game nobody in yet 

4 hours ago, historyman said:

We had players not even knowing whether they should come back to defend a corner or remain up the pitch, looking at the dugout for instruction and none was forthcoming. That is why I am very concerned by his appointment as manager until the end of the season. I hope I am proved to be very wrong but i dont expect him to deliver more points per league game than AA did.

Not buying that one bit. Players looking to dug out as to whether to come back for a corner? They’ve done it their whole careers and that reflects on them. Not saying AD is the man for the job but too many people seem to be able to judge a man by looking at a dug out rather than watching the game they have paid to watch.