Welcome home Greg Kiltie

KillkieBoab

5 hours ago, Lorielus said:

Does anyone know what kind of role he's been doing for the Pars - has he been playing as an actual number 10?

Been a mix of that and being stuck out wide right...as we know he's not a winger, just need him cutting in from the left with wonder goals like the 4-0 game at Hamilton!

15 hours ago, chubbs said:

In the last year he has played 29 (+1) games and scored 9 goals which is his best run in years .... and I don't think he has missed many through injury.

I think he deserves a chance and hope he can take it.

He's a real talent but he's also not scored an SPFL goal since the Falkirk play off in 2016. If Kiltie does well (and I sincerely hope he does) it will be a bonus. We still need at least two forward thinking players vying for the first team from when they are signed in this window. That's a minimum requirement. 

That said, his cameo against Rangers showed what he might bring to the table. But let's not fall into the Millar trap and think he's a major and immediate solution to our current issues.

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Killie said:

He's a real talent but he's also not scored an SPFL goal since the Falkirk play off in 2016. If Kiltie does well (and I sincerely hope he does) it will be a bonus. We still need at least two forward thinking players vying for the first team from when they are signed in this window. That's a minimum requirement. 

That said, his cameo against Rangers showed what he might bring to the table. But let's not fall into the Millar trap and think he's a major and immediate solution to our current issues.

I take it you mean premier, rather than spfl? Because he scored 6 for morton & 3(?) for dunfermline

31 minutes ago, Ayrshire Killie said:

What is the Millar trap? 

36 minutes ago, Ayrshire Killie said:

He played 17 (+16) times in 2.5 years before going on loan...  and the majority of them were comebacks from injury.

At least give him a chance.

4 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

I think he means the pressure put straight onto Liams shoulders as he was lauded as an experienced goal creator/ scorer upon arrival.

Unfortunately the longer we go without a rumour or a signing that expectation from the support will increase. If Kiltie doesn’t score a hat trick against Queens Park and create another three for others then he will be slaughtered by some on here and in the stands. 

• 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Where next for Greg Kiltie? I’m not him, but if I were in his position I’d be seriously thinking about moving on, if Killie are even offering another contract.

He’s one of those players who has to seems to have to prove himself more than others to get a run in the team. 

1 minute ago, Mclean07 said:

He’s one of those players who has to seems to have to prove himself more than others to get a run in the team. 

Greg’s problem is that our game is based upon workrate and physicality, rather than skill and vision. Instead of trying to fit him into the way we play, set up the team to utilise his skill and vision to create chances for others.

1 hour ago, Ngonge88 said:

I dont think we will go down, so for me it's time to prep for next year asap.

Does Kiltie want to stay, if the answer is yes if he is playing football... give him the chance to prove he is worth a contract.

Where do we play him though if we’re going the two upfront. He probably needs Brophy to drop out to accommodate him if we don’t see him as a wide player.