Welcome home Greg Kiltie

KillkieBoab

Delighted he's back. We needed a number ten and we had one sitting on the bench and then sent out on loan.

He came on against Rangers on match day one and transformed our team, it was inconceivable for me that he wouldn't start the next match. Not only did he not start but I'm not sure he even got on the park... another baffling decision by the management at the time when his replacements were Sow and Jackson.

6 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

another baffling decision by the management at the time when his replacements were Sow and Jackson.

Absolutely this! Those two for me offered nothing more than kiltie and Cameron. not only was the team weaker but we lost the chance to develop our own players. 

25 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Now that Kiltie is back to add to attacking options which is a step in the right direction. Do you see him as a starter? Personally I do I'd like to see him playing in the no.10 position in which he's proven himself both for killie and when on loan.

I see him as a starter but not yet sure we have the right players in other positions to play alongside him. Some of his best football was initially under Lee Clark towards the Falkirk playoff. We weren’t a great side but posed an attacking threat. Boyd, Obadeyi, Magennis occupied defenders and opened up space for Kiltie. Hamilton away and Falkirk at home two games where he was outstanding in that ten. The 1-1 with Sevco when Taylor wiped out Barton Kiltie played at the top of midfield and supported Boyd really well that night. 

26 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Delighted he's back. We needed a number ten and we had one sitting on the bench and then sent out on loan.

He came on against Rangers on match day one and transformed our team, it was inconceivable for me that he wouldn't start the next match. Not only did he not start but I'm not sure he even got on the park... another baffling decision by the management at the time when his replacements were Sow and Jackson.

He got 20 minutes and was completely anonymous in the Hamilton game, as he was in Wales at the CQN game. I'm not writing him off btw, just a bit bemused as to the number of people clinging on to his decent performance in the Rangers game when it was no more than that. 

Hope it works out for him and us. 

4 minutes ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

He got 20 minutes and was completely anonymous in the Hamilton game, as he was in Wales at the CQN game. I'm not writing him off btw, just a bit bemused as to the number of people clinging on to his decent performance in the Rangers game when it was no more than that. 

Hope it works out for him and us. 

Matter of opinion but I thought his introduction turned the game in Wales in our favour. Makrini was nowhere near fit and sitting too deep alongside Power and Dicker. Kiltie coming on pulled us up the park and Brophy was less isolated. 

Really wish the best for Greg, should never have been sent away when we were bringing in “nobodies”.

That said, I am slightly concerned that he has been recalled by a coach who obviously did not fancy him when placed beside two different managers and their style of football.

I do worry that,down to the length of AD’s contract Mr Fowler does not want him bringing in new players.

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Why do folk think we'll get Nesbitt for a nominal fee?

He's flying just now and under contract for 18 months.

Plenty of clubs north and south of the border watching him as well. Dunfermline may want to keep him but they’ll also be hoping for an offer or two to start a bidding war. 

3 minutes ago, skygod said:

I thought Fowler was in charge of all recruitment?

If he decided that he wants Kiltie back, does that not trump AD?

1 minute ago, killie billies pal said:

I bet you wish someone knows the answer to that, at this time I cannot work out whether the tail is wagging the dog at Killie just now.

If the model is anything like other clubs then Fowler will be in overall charge of recruitment and the coach will have a substantial input.
Dyer should be going to Fowler and saying I need a striker. Fowler goes to the scouting team(do we have any) and they come up with targets. He then goes back to the coach and they decide the best option for the team. It’s then up to Fowler to go and get him and Dyer to make it work.

IMO Fowler wants Kiltie back at the club. He’s worked with him on and off for a long time. He helped with youth coaching when Kiltie came through, they played together, he’s one Fowler will perhaps trust in the dressing room.

22 minutes ago, skygod said:

I thought Fowler was in charge of all recruitment?

If he decided that he wants Kiltie back, does that not trump AD?

Would be interested to know what the official line on this is from the club. 

But from what I've read of other DoF style arrangements the final say question isn't as important as we might think. 

I think the idea is that Fowler would present Dyer with a recommendation which he can take or leave. 

If the scouting and reports from Dunfermline are particularly good and there is a recommendation that he has developed and improved then its good that there is another layer to consider that rather than a manager just making up his mind on whether he fancies a player. 

Apparently the best example of that is that Klopp didn't fancy Salah having seen him play before and it was the sporting director who presented him with a package to convince him. 

Be really interesting to see if this arrangement works long term.