Media Team

Ngonge88

The social media content is fine. It does the job required - manager and player interviews, plus regular club updates. More could be done of course, but it serves its purpose. The club has brought in Killie TV which means there is, most likely, an emphasis on creating exclusive content for that platform, with soundbites then shared on social media channels driving towards it. 

I Think piffer is right. 

The media coverage was better due to the whole buzz of the club being better. We were contending with a European place with the best manager in Scotland at the helm - fans were excited about the club and what was to come. 

We cant say the same for just now - unfortunately. 

On 1/10/2020 at 11:58 AM, Cc87 said:

The social media content is fine. It does the job required - manager and player interviews, plus regular club updates. More could be done of course, but it serves its purpose. The club has brought in Killie TV which means there is, most likely, an emphasis on creating exclusive content for that platform, with soundbites then shared on social media channels driving towards it. 

But we were publicly voted one of the best in Britain and now we hear very little.

As with alot of things, as soon as Clarke left the social media content lights went out, they have started to reappear in the last few months  but they can only report on what they have access to. The success under Clarke was alot easier to report than what we currently have (possible analysis of all the duff Hearts players that have been released?)

When comparing to other clubs, it is really poor. I had applied to help with social media as a student journalist, alas it was given to someone ‘more professional’, whilst also pointing out areas to improve. These areas were all covered for a few weeks after my talk, to have then completely disappeared again.

39 minutes ago, piffer said:

The social media content isn’t what it was this time last year IMO. I’m not convinced that’s to do with the media team though. They can only report what they are given. The club has turned into a secret society since the summer. 

Agreed. Its been all downhill since the winking emoji. And that certainly damaged someone's reputation with many fans.
Personally, I always thought she was a lot smarter than that but I'm not so sure now.
Engagement levels with the fans is back to where it was before.

On 1/10/2020 at 12:44 PM, Ngonge88 said:

But we were publicly voted one of the best in Britain and now we hear very little.

You haven't explained what it is you aren't hearing. Tbh I don't see much difference from last season except the media in general have lost their interest now that Clarke has gone. There were times last season when we relied on other Team's Twitter feeds for reserve reports, even at home games, and the same applies this season. Depends what club information you think is missing. 

What we get now is reports when there is something to report. Kiltie has returned to the club let’s interview Kiltie. Dyer is manager lets interview Dyer. Where is the stuff to keep us ticking over between the normal pressers. More training videos, more player chats, more of the fun stuff. The podcast is great what what happened to the carpool karaoke or players making video diaries of training etc. That we had before. 

9 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

You haven't explained what it is you aren't hearing. Tbh I don't see much difference from last season except the media in general have lost their interest now that Clarke has gone. There were times last season when we relied on other Team's Twitter feeds for reserve reports, even at home games, and the same applies this season. Depends what club information you think is missing. 

See Piffers comment below. It's not that we are missing any important details, but we are no longer going above and beyond 

53 minutes ago, piffer said:

The social media content isn’t what it was this time last year IMO. I’m not convinced that’s to do with the media team though. They can only report what they are given. The club has turned into a secret society since the summer. 

there was a rumour that AA at times was not open to having the Media guys coverage  likes of training or having the players interviewed outside of the normal press times 

5 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

there was a rumour that AA at times was not open to having the Media guys coverage  likes of training or having the players interviewed outside of the normal press times 

Heard the same. 

Noticeable how much we've seen this week alone. Hopefully a sign of what's to come. 

6 hours ago, Scouser2 said:

And herein lies the problem, failure to be open and transparent leads to “rumours”, I think the whole club has gone backwards significantly since May, and Drew is correct in saying that we are getting all excited about bring back a lad who has sadly failed to impress previous managers, the pressure on Greg’s shoulders is already building. The lack of communication about ongoing activities is very poor, the OP is quite within his rights to question just what is happening at the club, ffs if someone broke a lace when TB was in charge it was in the papers, that’s the level of activity I expect, not sitting playing with a laptop.

8 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

And herein lies the problem, failure to be open and transparent leads to “rumours”, I think the whole club has gone backwards significantly since May, and Drew is correct in saying that we are getting all excited about bring back a lad who has sadly failed to impress previous managers, the pressure on Greg’s shoulders is already building. The lack of communication about ongoing activities is very poor, the OP is quite within his rights to question just what is happening at the club, ffs if someone broke a lace when TB was in charge it was in the papers, that’s the level of activity I expect, not sitting playing with a laptop.

This week we've had a video showing the team training, full updates on everyone coming and going, an interview with Kiltie and with Fowler about Kiltie coming back, an interview with Dyer and promotion for the upcoming games and the exhibition at Hampden. That's no bad surely? 

I've never really understood what people mean by 'updates about transfers'. Would a statement saying "we are actively pursuing transfer targets" help anything? They can't say who they are looking at and it would be daft to say something is close unless it falls through. 

28 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

This week we've had a video showing the team training, full updates on everyone coming and going, an interview with Kiltie and with Fowler about Kiltie coming back, an interview with Dyer and promotion for the upcoming games and the exhibition at Hampden. That's no bad surely? 

I've never really understood what people mean by 'updates about transfers'. Would a statement saying "we are actively pursuing transfer targets" help anything? They can't say who they are looking at and it would be daft to say something is close unless it falls through. 

Our transfers fall through anyway, plenty of other clubs are happy to say they are chasing the signatures of specific players, maybe they just have better negotiators than us.

The report suggesting our social output was one of the best in the country had been misinterpreted. It showed fans had been engaging well with posts - to be expected considering we were flying at the time. It's never really been on the same level as the likes of Motherwell who do an outstanding job. 

From what I've heard our comms department is just a team of two. Like most employees at football clubs they probably work all of the hours under the sun, spending plenty of time on thankless tasks which the average fan doesn't see. The introduction of the podcast will have been months in the planning, so it's great to see them continuing to progress things and they deserve full credit for that. 

I still think we really need to take advantage of fans who would love the chance to lend some support in this area. What is there to lose? 

2 hours ago, Killie Ford said:

The report suggesting our social output was one of the best in the country had been misinterpreted. It showed fans had been engaging well with posts - to be expected considering we were flying at the time. It's never really been on the same level as the likes of Motherwell who do an outstanding job. 

From what I've heard our comms department is just a team of two. Like most employees at football clubs they probably work all of the hours under the sun, spending plenty of time on thankless tasks which the average fan doesn't see. The introduction of the podcast will have been months in the planning, so it's great to see them continuing to progress things and they deserve full credit for that. 

I still think we really need to take advantage of fans who would love the chance to lend some support in this area. What is there to lose? 

I think the social media won an award last season.

There are at least 5 working across the social media and Killie TV/podcast.

Edited by NorfolkG

1 hour ago, Dillinger said:

I must have dreamt the launch of a new podcast...

Was on the official site in November. 

We’re thrilled to announce the launch of “We Are Killie” the brand new official club podcast about Kilmarnock Football Club, by Kilmarnock Football Club.

For the first time, supporters will get exclusive interviews and behind-the-scenes content straight from Rugby Park in an audio format every fortnight.

Listen to “We Are Killie: Official Podcast” on Spreaker.

Co-hosted by Scott McClymont, Neil Hobson and Gavin Wallace – the boys are joined on the first episode by captain Gary Dicker as he reflects on his Killie career so far.

You can listen to the podcast on Spotify, Spreaker, Castbox, Deezer and Podcast Addict – with more platforms to follow.

Edited by Wrangodog