Media Team

Ngonge88

8 minutes ago, Secret Squirrel said:

Also like any smaller organisation people are expected to pitch in areas that are not their expertise, the guys don't just deal with the media side of the club.

Now, this bit is damning, Kilmarnock Football Club is not a small organisation and if they are playing these type of cheapskate tactics then it is no wonder we are unable to get players signed up.

Adding all the little snippets together does not show the organisational side of the club up well.

Thanks

1 hour ago, killie billies pal said:

Now, this bit is damning, Kilmarnock Football Club is not a small organisation and if they are playing these type of cheapskate tactics then it is no wonder we are unable to get players signed up.

Adding all the little snippets together does not show the organisational side of the club up well.

Thanks

Why not volunteer a few hours per week to help out mate? :hurrah:

2 minutes ago, Loudoun Killie said:

Why not volunteer a few hours per week to help out mate? :hurrah:

I already work 60 hours a week and I do not think I hold the skills to carry out their prescribed roles.

I would prefer that the club would employee people to carry out these “other tasks” this would allow them peace to get on with their own jobs.

12 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

I already work 60 hours a week and I do not think I hold the skills to carry out their prescribed roles.

I would prefer that the club would employee people to carry out these “other tasks” this would allow them peace to get on with their own jobs.

I get what you’re saying but they’ve a budget to work within, sadly as a club, we aren’t awash with cash.

The club want to get away from the corner shop mentality but it’s not an overnight thing. The infrastructure has improved greatly in a short space of time and will no doubt continue to do so. It’s far from ideal people are doubling up or helping in other areas but until we have everything in place needs must

1 hour ago, Loudoun Killie said:

I get what you’re saying but they’ve a budget to work within, sadly as a club, we aren’t awash with cash.

Surely the whole reason of a media presence is to  get our club into various media outlets and raise the profile of the club. We need some good news stories out there to attract fans and sponsors. For whatever reason this isn't happening right now.

13 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

Was on the official site in November. 

We’re thrilled to announce the launch of “We Are Killie” the brand new official club podcast about Kilmarnock Football Club, by Kilmarnock Football Club.

For the first time, supporters will get exclusive interviews and behind-the-scenes content straight from Rugby Park in an audio format every fortnight.

Listen to “We Are Killie: Official Podcast” on Spreaker.

Co-hosted by Scott McClymont, Neil Hobson and Gavin Wallace – the boys are joined on the first episode by captain Gary Dicker as he reflects on his Killie career so far.

You can listen to the podcast on Spotify, Spreaker, Castbox, Deezer and Podcast Addict – with more platforms to follow.

Yes I know xD My point being youve got folk on criticising the media team a month or so after the launch of a great new feature 

My last point on this as I am not getting at the Media Team, more the Club.

Do we have a database of Kilmarnock Supporters who are regularly active onSocial Media? If not then we have no idea what our target audience should be.

Speculate to accumulate Killie, otherwise people are knocking their pans in for very little reason.

37 minutes ago, Dillinger said:

Yes I know xD My point being youve got folk on criticising the media team a month or so after the launch of a great new feature 

The podcast is great but what’s happened to all the other great stuff that was done previously. It’s like we get a pilot episodes and really enjoy them then never get it again. 

1 hour ago, Dillinger said:

This Podcast is only going to reach our online support, basically the people on here and Facebook. We need to get some promotion out onto the MSM. I see articles about Motherwell, & similarly sized and even smaller clubs but apart from the Allesio fiasco not much else.

5 hours ago, harley said:

This Podcast is only going to reach our online support, basically the people on here and Facebook. We need to get some promotion out onto the MSM. I see articles about Motherwell, & similarly sized and even smaller clubs but apart from the Allesio fiasco not much else.

They can only report on what has been happening. Apart from AA leaving they have covered Findlay's injury, Alex Dyer's appointment, Sow, Jackson, and Millar, leaving, Kiltie returning, and Thomas going to Dunfermline. Motherwell get more coverage at the moment because they are doing well, we on the other hand don't have any good news stories to report. 

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 8:15 PM, mitch14 said:

I've never really understood what people mean by 'updates about transfers'. Would a statement saying "we are actively pursuing transfer targets" help anything? They can't say who they are looking at and it would be daft to say something is close unless it falls through. 

Agreed.

Folk wanting updates on transfers - not one team on the planet gives info on signing targets until they are signed.

17 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Apart from Hearts and Aberdeen for Matty Kennedy and Celtic for the lad Klimala .;)

Fair point although a bit different: that’s just Hearts and Aberdeen flat-track-bullying; telling diddy teams not to bother.

Edited by NorfolkG

some clubs -- often the so called bigger ones have journalists "on tap" that they leak stories to for various reasons -- often in the case of the Glasgow 2 to unsettle the player they are after - 

Seem to recall for a while that Scott Burns was given some stories by MJ prior to the club making any official comments --?

On 1/10/2020 at 11:42 AM, Ngonge88 said:

What is the script with it?

We had one of the best Media teams in the whole of the UK this time last year?

Is anyone able to explain?

And the media guy has an assistant ffs , mental , at rugby park these days there’s to many folk employed doing absolutely f**k all 

17 minutes ago, DrewWylie said:

And the media guy has an assistant ffs , mental , at rugby park these days there’s to many folk employed doing absolutely f**k all 

How do you know what the media assistant does on a day to day basis?

Or is it that you do not think that the head of media at a Premier League football club needs an assistant?

Edited by NorfolkG

5 minutes ago, NorfolkG said:

How do you know what the media assistant does on a day to day basis?

Or is it that you do not think that the head of media at a Premier League football club needs an assistant?

Having been one, and had one, I have a pretty sound knowledge of what a media assistant will get up to. I don't want to risk bursting the forum, so I'll keep the details to myself for now.