DT23

killieblue

From the outside, this makes zero sense... Especially with Millar going back to Liverpool. 

But the nagging question is why does DT never get a shot, every manager since he signed has overlooked him. Even with an off-form Millar he couldn't break into the team for more than a 20min cameo. 

Something we're not seeing from the stands? As I think everyone would have liked to have seen him get a chance to show what he can do. 

Edited by jesper
Typo

1 minute ago, jesper said:

Something we're not seeing from the stands? As I think everyone would have liked to have seen him get a chance to show what he can do. 

From the stands, I think he's a Championship player. As I think Motherwell assessed him to be when they didn't offer a new contract. And as I think a parade of managers have also assessed him to be. 

I'm baffled as to why a player who looked miles away from this level anytime he started is seen as some great loss. The only argument I can see for keeping him is numbers, but if more are coming in then fine.

18 minutes ago, jesper said:

From the outside, this makes zero sense... Especially with Millar going back to Liverpool. 

But the nagging question is why does DT never get a shot, every manager since he signed has overlooked him. Even with an off-form Millar he couldn't break into the team for more than a 20min cameo. 

The story when we signed him was he was a decent talented player but had an attitude problem.  He started well when he had Burke coaching him through games but if Burke wasn't there, then he wasn't very effective.

2 minutes ago, chubbs said:

The story when we signed him was he was a decent talented player but had an attitude problem.  He started well when he had Burke coaching him through games but if Burke wasn't there, then he wasn't very effective.

He started well until we played top flight opposition then he was a passenger. He was great in the League Cup group stage against lower league opponents. When the league started he wasn’t up to it. The loan spells did wonders for him but he didn’t seem to do enough to get near the team on his return. This season he probably should have had more game time ahead of Millar. He looked lively at times and did what was asked of him including playing lone striker on a few occasions. 

All the best to him but I think we need to move on now.