I saw XXXXXXX play

Bigdaw

On 1/13/2020 at 2:22 PM, Pompey Exile said:

No one mentioned Durrant. His 60 yard pass in the previously mentioned final against Celtic was a thing of beauty!

Best player I've saw playing for Killie and I have met and spoke to him too. You don't get midfielders like him nowadays. Nowadays centre mids are either defensive mids or attacking mids but Durrant could do both sides of the game.  I recall him scoring 2 goals in a 6 0 win over Dunfermline in what was an outstanding season for him.  

6 minutes ago, jamieboy said:

Best player I've saw playing for Killie and I have met and spoke to him too. You don't get midfielders like him nowadays. Nowadays centre mids are either defensive mids or attacking mids but Durrant could do both sides of the game.  I recall him scoring 2 goals in a 6 0 win over Dunfermline in what was an outstanding season for him.  

Played against him years ago in the fans v ex players game at Rugby Park, not one of us got near him that day, he was such a sound guy and i remember him giving out wee tips and encouraging us to be braver on the ball. I had a chance to shoot from about 12 yards out and i saw Tommy Tait heading towards me so i passed it sideways and the chance was lost - Durrant said to me i should have buried it as Tommy was s**te !!!! I didn't fancy my chances in a 50/50 with him to be honest and i had to go to work the next day

7 minutes ago, caltonkid said:

Played against him years ago in the fans v ex players game at Rugby Park, not one of us got near him that day, he was such a sound guy and i remember him giving out wee tips and encouraging us to be braver on the ball. I had a chance to shoot from about 12 yards out and i saw Tommy Tait heading towards me so i passed it sideways and the chance was lost - Durrant said to me i should have buried it as Tommy was s**te !!!! I didn't fancy my chances in a 50/50 with him to be honest and i had to go to work the next day

He had a sense of humour as well as talent. Good story fella! A very good player despite a bad injury. 

I remember seeing Iain McCulloch (then of Notts County) and Tommy Burns (not yet with Killie) play together in the same Scotland U21 team at Maine Road Manchester in a Euro U21 semi final. Scotland had dominated the home leg but lost 1-0. Despite England adding to their lead in the second leg, Tommy Burns dominated the game and Scotland again were the better team and although they equalised on the night, were unable to get the second goal that would have won the tie on away goals. I think this was in late 1970s or early 1980s.

On 1/12/2020 at 2:06 PM, Bigdaw said:

Who are the most  famous playesr you have sen play live.

Maradona 1979 - Argentina came to Hampden as World Champions and a 17 year old Maradona played....And was amazing, Although i think my m8 said he was to one footed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4939092/Diego-Maradona-teenager-lit-Hampden-Park.html

Cruyff - Towards the end of his carrer i saw him in a UEFA Cup game for Feynoord against ST.Mirren, As he was my idol i had to go and see him play.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/st-mirren/when-johan-cruyff-came-to-paisley-1-4083277

I’ve seen them all , joe cairney my favourite 

On 1/12/2020 at 2:54 PM, CB said:

Djorkaeff Uefa cup tie at RP, probably.

Same, still remember how good they were.

I saw Man U win the league at Middlesborough (the day after watching us beat Rangers on the last day - Tam Black free kick!) and Giggs, Cole and Cantona were unreal. The pace of play was so fast.

Also De Brunye against Arsenal just before Xmas 

Edited by Nimmo

13 minutes ago, bizza_89 said:

Was fortunate enough to see Dieselfeet play for the North Region Juniors. He was the oldest player in the league and probably past his best - but phenomenal conditioning and a superior understanding of the game meant he still oozed class. Wonder where he is now...

Ladies and Gentlemen we have a winner.

23 minutes ago, bizza_89 said:

Was fortunate enough to see Dieselfeet play for the North Region Juniors. He was the oldest player in the league and probably past his best - but phenomenal conditioning and a superior understanding of the game meant he still oozed class. Wonder where he is now...

Most likely changing out broken Zone Valves

On 1/14/2020 at 8:46 PM, jamieboy said:

I remember that game,it was the first time I saw Killie win at East end park. Durrant was a cracking player for us and was the first time I had a steak belter. I'm sure it was at that game I met Gordon Marshall later on in the pub. Didn't realise just how big he was. Excellent goalie for Killie.

1 hour ago, EKX16 said:

I remember that game,it was the first time I saw Killie win at East end park. Durrant was a cracking player for us and was the first time I had a steak belter. I'm sure it was at that game I met Gordon Marshall later on in the pub. Didn't realise just how big he was. Excellent goalie for Killie.

Yeah a solid, consistent keeper.