What's the earliest the EPL has been won?

https://www.givemesport.com/1534716-liverpool-can-win-the-premier-league-title-in-record-time-vs-everton-on-march-1415

"If the current rate that Liverpool and their closest rivals (Leicester City and Manchester City) have been picking up points continues, Jurgen Klopp's side will be champions by the weekend of March 14/15, per Nick Harris (@sportingintel). 

The fixture that weekend? The Merseyside derby against Everton. Away. At Goodison Park. It doesn't get any better than that. 

That would smash the earliest title win record by a month. The earliest a team has ever won the Premier League was on April 14, 2001; Manchester United's 4-2 win over Coventry City - combined with Arsenal's defeat to Middlesbrough - handed the Red Devils the league with five games to spare. 

No team has ever matched that. Should Liverpool pull the feat off in the Toffees' backyard, they would still have eight games of the season left to play."

Highly unlikely it’ll be won before April. City look like they’ve turned a corner and could put a long run together now. That said it’s a matter of when, not if Liverpool win it. Could be when they face off at Etihad on April 4th but more likely against Brighton or Burnley mid April.  Also unlikely they’ll stay unbeaten throughout the season I think. 

1 hour ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Absolutely relentless. Klopp deserves a lot of credit. I've a feeling they could go unbeaten right up until the game at the Etihad and if they can get through that then probably the rest of the season will follow. 

IF they have the league sewn up asap he will rest players so he can retain the CL so possibly they could lose their unbeaten record but he would not mind if he won the CL AND Premier League

21 hours ago, killie1961 said:

IF they have the league sewn up asap he will rest players so he can retain the CL so possibly they could lose their unbeaten record but he would not mind if he won the CL AND Premier League

He won’t rest players. He will simply rotate the squad more to cut each players minutes which will keep the ticking over.

On 1/13/2020 at 12:30 PM, casual observer said:

Highly unlikely it’ll be won before April. City look like they’ve turned a corner and could put a long run together now. That said it’s a matter of when, not if Liverpool win it. Could be when they face off at Etihad on April 4th but more likely against Brighton or Burnley mid April.  Also unlikely they’ll stay unbeaten throughout the season I think. 

We have lost only 1 game in 18 months of football. I doubt oil rich city have turned a corner because they beat Norwich. Their defence is still a s**t show against the better teams.

22 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Absolutely relentless. Klopp deserves a lot of credit. I've a feeling they could go unbeaten right up until the game at the Etihad and if they can get through that then probably the rest of the season will follow. 

All depends how much pep spends in this window and how many FFP rules he wants to break to try saviour his season. I think he will leave if they don’t at least get to the final of the CL.

1 hour ago, Guff92 said:

We have lost only 1 game in 18 months of football. I doubt oil rich city have turned a corner because they beat Norwich. Their defence is still a s**t show against the better teams.

You've had a mare here Guff. 

1 hour ago, Guff92 said:

All depends how much pep spends in this window and how many FFP rules he wants to break to try saviour his season. I think he will leave if they don’t at least get to the final of the CL.

:15:

The sooner its over the better, has to be said that they are winning it against one of the poorest EPL Opposition ever, let them have their day.

And for all the wee dots i will graciously accept, I draw attention to the performances of the following;

Arsenal - Utter mince

Manchester United - Turmoil

Manchester City - Injury ravaged and at a stage where their whole defence will be replaced.

Chelsea - Lampard still building, they may be a force in years to come.

Leicester City - Squad not big enough to cope with winning title again

Tottenham Hotspur - Squad needs serious change, fully expect Mourinho to spend.

So, i stand by my belief that while Liverpool are a decent outfit, they are benefitting from a lot of clubs in a time of change.

4 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

The sooner its over the better, has to be said that they are winning it against one of the poorest EPL Opposition ever, let them have their day.

And for all the wee dots i will graciously accept, I draw attention to the performances of the following;

Arsenal - Utter mince

Manchester City - Injury ravaged and at a stage where their whole defence will be replaced.

So, i stand by my belief that while Liverpool are a decent outfit, they are benefitting from a lot of clubs in a time of change.

Was worse when leicester won it

Man City - strongest squad in the league most would accept and two time champions with biggest cheque book, have missed Sane & Laporte but no other first XI certs for any length of time,

Man Utd - spunked a fortune on average replacements they overpaid for, to replace an ageing squad and can’t decide whether they’re relevant or also rans as they keep changing manger from one average Joe to the next,

Arsenal - decided to engage a “no decent defender but we’ll out score you” strategy which never works

Chelsea - successfully transitioning a squad from old to new but flaky

Spurs - haven’t won the league in about 60 years and are no longer relevant in big club chat

Leicester - no one expected Rodgers to do so well with so little.

Its wrong imo to belittle Liverpool’s dominance by saying it’s a crap league with no competition as all the major clubs have the finance and infrastructure to compete on a relatively level playing field (bar Leicester). The rest haven’t matched consistency in performance plain and simple. You don’t do what LFC have achieved to date (in Europe as well as the EPL) over two seasons because rivals have “issues and compromising problems”, when it’s more to do with consistent achievement and getting the maximum out of the components they choose to work with.

23 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

Arsenal - Utter mince

What a load of pish. 

17 hours ago, casual observer said:

Man City - strongest squad in the league most would accept and two time champions with biggest cheque book, have missed Sane & Laporte but no other first XI certs for any length of time

I’ll stop you there. 

Liverpool have had injury problems too.

Allison,Fabinho, matip, Gomez, Salah, chamberlain, shaqiri and keita have all been out Injured this season.
Peps an arrogant fraud, that’s the truth. He wouldn’t have achieved the same as Klopp at Liverpool. Not a chance.

47 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

I’ll stop you there. 

Allison,Fabinho, matip, Gomez, Salah, chamberlain, shaqiri and keita have all been out Injured this season.
Peps an arrogant fraud, that’s the truth. He wouldn’t have achieved the same as Klopp at Liverpool. Not a chance.

Was lucky to have Messi at Barca chequebook manager

58 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

I’ll stop you there. 

You come across as demented as the OF on here when you talk about your bin dipping club.  Oh no oke has ever had as hard, blah blah blah.

7 minutes ago, killie1961 said:

Was lucky to have Messi at Barca chequebook manager

100%. He spent money in the summer past after winning the league and somehow they’ve played worse. Not having laporte’s injury being all the blame. He’s part of the problem but come on, look at their squad. They miss Kompany more than anyone. Pep will go somewhere like PSG.