What's the earliest the EPL has been won?

3 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Just speaking the truth. If even go as far to say Liverpool are as entitled and have a chip on their shoulder of sevco proportions.

What are you actually getting at here? 

They are the best in the world at the moment, that’s the truth. Klopps signed a contract till 2024, that’s the truth. If you think we are going to be unbearable till then, your absolutely right. Get it upye.

13 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

What are you actually getting at here? 

They are the best in the world at the moment, that’s the truth. Klopps signed a contract till 2024, that’s the truth. If you think we are going to be unbearable till then, your absolutely right. Get it upye.

Ha ha, delusional as well as entitled.   Bin raking arseholes with a chip.on their shoulder about everything, worse than Sevco.

It was a long awkward pause. Beaker71 and Guff92 were looking into each other's eyes for what seemed like an eternity. Suddenly the anger subsided. Their heads edged closer, still in silence. Neither could believe what was happening. The passion of mutual disdain had turned to a passion of a different kind. Their lips touched. Guff92 pulled back but Beaker71 grabbed his head and they kissed.

10 hours ago, Lroy said:

It was a long awkward pause. Beaker71 and Guff92 were looking into each other's eyes for what seemed like an eternity. Suddenly the anger subsided. Their heads edged closer, still in silence. Neither could believe what was happening. The passion of mutual disdain had turned to a passion of a different kind. Their lips touched. Guff92 pulled back but Beaker71 grabbed his head and they kissed.

You are a very sick person.:D

13 hours ago, Lroy said:

The slash none of us knew we wanted.

There was a Liverpool fan on 606 last night saying the reason they won it was balance in the team. Sold Coutinqio for £140m, bought the best keeper and centre half in the world. Isnt the usual, buy the best attacker and mount a champions league challenge strategy that the big teams usually go for. Difficult to think of another example of a top team who sold their best attacker to Barca and spent all the money on world record fees for defenders. Big Virgil strolling it every week in the EPL, even more than he did the SPFL amuses me greatly. 

1 hour ago, RAG said:

There was a Liverpool fan on 606 last night saying the reason they won it was balance in the team. Sold Coutinqio for £140m, bought the best keeper and centre half in the world. Isnt the usual, buy the best attacker and mount a champions league challenge strategy that the big teams usually go for. Difficult to think of another example of a top team who sold their best attacker to Barca and spent all the money on world record fees for defenders. Big Virgil strolling it every week in the EPL, even more than he did the SPFL amuses me greatly. 

Can think of a few teams who’ve invested in the less glamorous areas of the park and gone on to have great success because of this. None of them though sold their best player to fund this improvement. 

It says a lot for Liverpool’s strategy and attitude that this was allowed to happen. Plenty of clubs at the very top level wouldn’t go down that route. Especially some where defending and mixing up your play is not a popular decision

1 hour ago, piffer said:

Can think of a few teams who’ve invested in the less glamorous areas of the park and gone on to have great success because of this. None of them though sold their best player to fund this improvement. 

It says a lot for Liverpool’s strategy and attitude that this was allowed to happen. Plenty of clubs at the very top level wouldn’t go down that route. Especially some where defending and mixing up your play is not a popular decision

Our recruitment has been top notch since Klopp arrived. Selling the likes of our 5th choice keeper for 12 million is an example. 

Managed to get the highly rated minamino for only 7.5 million and on course to getting Timo Werner in on a free in the summer. 

The recruitment at the other “big clubs” in England has been very poor of late. Pep just throws money at big names. Man United are a shambles. They spent 80 million on Maguire and he hasn’t even been the best English defender this season. Joe Gomez has been outstanding for a total of £4million to Charlton.

I had to suffer watching the hodgson era so I’m sure the true manc fans will stick by them. Could be 5 years minimum till they’re even offering a challenge.

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 7:13 PM, killie billies pal said:

The sooner its over the better, has to be said that they are winning it against one of the poorest EPL Opposition ever, let them have their day.

And for all the wee dots i will graciously accept, I draw attention to the performances of the following;

Arsenal - Utter mince

Manchester United - Turmoil

Manchester City - Injury ravaged and at a stage where their whole defence will be replaced.

Chelsea - Lampard still building, they may be a force in years to come.

Leicester City - Squad not big enough to cope with winning title again

Tottenham Hotspur - Squad needs serious change, fully expect Mourinho to spend.

So, i stand by my belief that while Liverpool are a decent outfit, they are benefitting from a lot of clubs in a time of change.

The amount of points they got last season would have won the league any other season.

They are a fantastic team and I wouldn't be surprised if they win back to back CL's.

They are more than a decent outfit and I say that as no lover of Liverpool.

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The amount of points they got last season would have won the league any other season.

They are a fantastic team and I wouldn't be surprised if they win back to back CL's.

They are more than a decent outfit and I say that as no lover of Liverpool.

Voice of reason.

Fickle people can’t admit all of the above.

Saying the league has been easy, that’s not the case. The “smaller” clubs are getting results. Liverpool are only really beating teams by 1 or 2 goals. 

When Man City were pumping Everton or whoever 5-0 it was the “best league in the world”. 

I hate liverpool, but they are the best team in the world by some distance at the moment. But imo purely because of Klopp.

A bit like Fergies United at times, they dont have a team full of world class players, they have 5 or 6 world class players and the rest do exactly what Klopp tells them to do. I'm not saying the rest are poor, they are actually still very good.

To make myself feel better about it though, as KBP said before they are winning the league against City. United, Chelsea, Arsenal, City, have all won the league against a big 4. At the moment there isnt a big 4.

Wolves provided the toughest challenge to Liverpool in the league in a long time and could easily have won last night, never mind earned a draw. Enjoy watching NES set up his side and the style they play. Surprised the biggest clubs haven’t raided them yet for their better players. 

there may not be a recognised big 4, but the strength in depth in the EPL is strongest it’s been in a long time. Every week you’d struggle to predict a handful of results when in previous years the big teams were almost stick ons. Some call that a dropping of the big teams standards, I’d say the smaller clubs are improving and closing the gap with a mixture of spending power and good coaching.

It’s only 8 months since they had all 4 finalists in the European competitions so by extension do the Liverpool haters now feel European & world football is worse than it was a few years ago? Time to admit a very special team and coach are performing at near maximum levels and no one can keep up with them right now. How long it lasts is another question. 

3 minutes ago, casual observer said:

Wolves provided the toughest challenge to Liverpool in the league in a long time and could easily have won last night, never mind earned a draw. Enjoy watching NES set up his side and the style they play. Surprised the biggest clubs haven’t raided them yet for their better players. 

there may not be a recognised big 4, but the strength in depth in the EPL is strongest it’s been in a long time. Every week you’d struggle to predict a handful of results when in previous years the big teams were almost stick ons. Some call that a dropping of the big teams standards, I’d say the smaller clubs are improving and closing the gap with a mixture of spending power and good coaching.

It’s only 8 months since they had all 4 finalists in the European competitions so by extension do the Liverpool haters now feel European & world football is worse than it was a few years ago? Time to admit a very special team and coach are performing at near maximum levels and no one can keep up with them right now. How long it lasts is another question. 

Here here 

2 hours ago, casual observer said:

I like the way NES has Wolves playing and they deserve every plaudit they are getting ... if only they could stop conceding the first goal so often.  Adama Traore is an absolute beast of a boy, and the goal they scored last night was a thing of beauty ... I applauded it as a Liverpool fan.

For a while I really thought they were going to win the game and it would have been merited on their second half.

I didn't realise that our 97 cup win doesn't mean as much because we played a load of lower league teams on the way.

3 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

The PL is undoubtedly weaker this season than its ever been. Man City been unlucky with so many defensive injuries, especially losing Laporte long term so early in the season.

True but did the cheque book manager not say , he had  2 players for every position in his team and he does have the oil money to splash out for defenders?