What's the earliest the EPL has been won?

1 hour ago, Ben Reilly said:

This. 

I really don't understand Scottish people, who live up here, and "support" English teams. The whole thing smacks of Glory hunting. 

The reason Manchester united are ky English team is because of Family.  Mt late and much missed gran is from leigh and she always supported united.  My dad was born in leigh and lived there for probably about the first 10 years if his life.   All my uncles bar one are likewise united fans.   We wnt down whenever we could.

They are also All Killie fans and I went to the football with teo if them for years as well.

Nowt to do with Glory hunting for me, as I supported them when the bin dipper last won the league.

On 1/25/2020 at 8:21 AM, Dieter's Heeder said:

The PL is undoubtedly weaker this season than its ever been. Man City been unlucky with so many defensive injuries, especially losing Laporte long term so early in the season.

Allison,Fabinho, shaqiri,keita,salah,chamberlain,matip,lovren,Gomez  ... what about those injuries caller?

2 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

I don't know, what about them? 

Well your using city’s injuries as an excuse? We’ve had more players out injured. Albeit, Laportes injury has been the lengthiest. But as another poster has said, they paid 50 million for john stones so he should be more than capable of filling the void, just like Jordan Henderson did in the world club final.

Also, your statement about the league being weaker this season is ridiculous. The smaller clubs are spending big money and competing against the top clubs. To say it’s been easy for Liverpool is embarrassing. How many games have we beaten a team by more than 2 goals? Not many if any. Let me guess, the glory days a few years ago when city were pumping teams 4/5-0 was that the best league in the world then? 

I for one am happy the smaller clubs are challenging and taking points off the “elite” clubs. 

7 months ago there were 2 European finals. 4 teams from England played in them. And you want me to believe the standard of the big clubs have dropped apposed to the smaller clubs just being better than usual.

Edited by Guff92

1 hour ago, Guff92 said:

Well your using city’s injuries as an excuse? We’ve had more players out injured. Albeit, Laportes injury has been the lengthiest. But as another poster has said, they paid 50 million for john stones so he should be more than capable of filling the void, just like Jordan Henderson did in the world club final.

Also, your statement about the league being weaker this season is ridiculous. The smaller clubs are spending big money and competing against the top clubs. To say it’s been easy for Liverpool is embarrassing. How many games have we beaten a team by more than 2 goals? Not many if any. Let me guess, the glory days a few years ago when city were pumping teams 4/5-0 was that the best league in the world then? 

I for one am happy the smaller clubs are challenging and taking points off the “elite” clubs. 

7 months ago there were 2 European finals. 4 teams from England played in them. And you want me to believe the standard of the big clubs have dropped apposed to the smaller clubs just being better than usual.

You're using arguments which are completely irrelevant to the point. 

It doesn't matter a single jot if John Stones cost 50m or not. Laporte is without a doubt Man City's best defender, if not one of the best in the world. Losing him for 6 months so early in the season has played a huge part in their defensive issues, correct? Liverpool would be in the same boat if Van Dijk had been out since August. Certain players are instrumental to how the team works. Kompany moving on in the summer made it a risk not to sign another centre back, to say it didn't pay off would be an understatement. 

Your argument about the number of injured players Liverpool have had holds little basis either. City have had plenty of other players out throughout the season with minor injuries, I didn't mention them because again its irrelevant. 

You're kidding yourself on if you believe that the current Premier league season isn't the weakest it's been in years at the top end. You're also kidding yourself on that the claim was 'best league in the world' when city were strolling it. They got the same sort of criticism. This season is undoubtedly the weakest its been however.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/24/2020 at 10:46 PM, Guff92 said:

Another record to add to the list mate.

My sister married a scouser mate 

A season ticket holder. 

I'm delighted for him and his 2 sons. Won under funny circumstances granted. But this seasons been an absolute cakewalk