Queens Park Match

Pride_of_ayrshire

Had a chat with a friend who's a QP fan and he said they have alot of threat with pace on a  counter and has been there plan all season. It's would be a bit weary to Bruce at the back who isnt really the fastest but is smart. Although i think we should give Findlay a run for at least 60 minutes just to get some game time before the thelic game.

I'd play this line up feel free to argue but I'm resting a few key players for the thelic game.

Koprivec 

SOD

Johnson

Findlay 

Hendrie

Dicker

Power

Kiltie 

McKenzie 

Cameron(If fit)

Brophy

I appreciate your thought on resting players but given our form and the fact we’ve not played for three weeks I think we need to put out a strong side. Getting the win and hopefully a few goals could build confidence. Minutes from the players to shake of the rust ahead of another tough set of fixtures. Probably more forgiving working on things against QP than against Celtic. 

First 11 , strongest team ...unless we have new signings by then who need game time 

A win is badly needed for various reasons and hopefully in time can look back on as a turning point 

Would been bit more "fun" and different if it had been away but hopefully will be a decent crowd

2 hours ago, Dundonald_Killie said:

Sack a manager and appoint his assistant on a short-term contract in December.

Scrape a win against a lower division team at home in the Scottish Cup in January.

Last time I remember that happening was in 1996/97 .... just saying ....

We did have more than one player who could put the ball in the net, a brilliant, if erratic, goalkeeper, and a manager that the fans were right behind. Plus, a route to the final that avoided either of the gruesome twosome. 

9 hours ago, Wrangodog said:

We did have more than one player who could put the ball in the net, a brilliant, if erratic, goalkeeper, and a manager that the fans were right behind. Plus, a route to the final that avoided either of the gruesome twosome. 

Yes, and yet we were VERY nearly relegated on the last day of the season, saved only by a certain Gary Holt (irony alert), and as much as I loved watching Drago, can you think about the absolute pelters he would get on here for some of his moments of madness , Firhill probably being the worse.;)

2 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

Yes, and yet we were VERY nearly relegated on the last day of the season, saved only by a certain Gary Holt (irony alert), and as much as I loved watching Drago, can you think about the absolute pelters he would get on here for some of his moments of madness , Firhill probably being the worse.;)

Firhill was bad .... but not as bad as the one he literally threw into the net against Aberdeen.

2 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

True, but what goalkeeper doesn't make a mistake. Lloris has a World Cup medal but has had moments of madness at Spurs and Gazzaniga has already shown he can be just as crazy. In the Cup run Drago saved us on more than one occasion and his last minute save in the final prevented extra time and penalties, which we would surely have lost. 

1 hour ago, Wrangodog said:

True, but what goalkeeper doesn't make a mistake. Lloris has a World Cup medal but has had moments of madness at Spurs and Gazzaniga has already shown he can be just as crazy. In the Cup run Drago saved us on more than one occasion and his last minute save in the final prevented extra time and penalties, which we would surely have lost. 

Exactly, that's why i think we can be a bit too harsh on Larry, he has made some wonderful saves, but has had his fair share of bloopers.

When we won the cup we only had one reliable goalscorer and that was Paul Wright. Yes I know that John Henry got three at Morton and Mc Intyre scored the winner in the semi final but when Wright went off and Falkirk had a goal disallowed if it hadn't have been I think we may well have lost. We were riddled with nerves and the momentum was with them.