Queens Park Match

Pride_of_ayrshire

9 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

When we won the cup we only had one reliable goalscorer and that was Paul Wright. Yes I know that John Henry got three at Morton and Mc Intyre scored the winner in the semi final but when Wright went off and Falkirk had a goal disallowed if it hadn't have been I think we may well have lost. We were riddled with nerves and the momentum was with them.

Paul Wright wasn’t fully fit after he’d been injured by some thug at Dunfermline IIRC. 

The 90s Dunfermline team were horrible and nominated on dirtiest team ever thread a while back. True Paul Wright was probably only half fit for the final but that doesn't change the fact nobody else could be relied on to score. Really not that different to where we are now unless someone wants to argue that we have no reliable scorers today. 

34 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

When we won the cup we only had one reliable goalscorer and that was Paul Wright. Yes I know that John Henry got three at Morton and Mc Intyre scored the winner in the semi final but when Wright went off and Falkirk had a goal disallowed if it hadn't have been I think we may well have lost. We were riddled with nerves and the momentum was with them.

Season we won the cup, Wright had a record better than a goal every 2 games.... JMac was 1 in 4.  

1 hour ago, skygod said:

I don’t know how many we gave them, but Queens have sold out their ticket allocation. 

I am told by a QP supporter that we are selling tickets for the away end on Saturday at the former Fitness Centre. He thought they got about 1,000.... if thats any help.

As a footnote Broxburn Athletic have sold out their 1,600 allocation for their visit to St Mirren.....

Edited by tanerba'Tam
additional in

3 hours ago, tanerba'Tam said:

I am told by a QP supporter that we are selling tickets for the away end on Saturday at the former Fitness Centre. He thought they got about 1,000.... if thats any help.

As a footnote Broxburn Athletic have sold out their 1,600 allocation for their visit to St Mirren.....

They got 150 in initial allocation as that's all they asked for.

They have more now.

I'd be amazed if they have more than 300-400 there.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They got 150 in initial allocation as that's all they asked for.

They have more now.

I'd be amazed if they have more than 300-400 there.

We would have been better drawing Broxburn.... !! Surprised as he seemed confident they would bring a fair number as the club have new momentum with change of manager, pro contracts etc. Thanks for info.

3 minutes ago, tanerba'Tam said:

We would have been better drawing Broxburn.... !! Surprised as he seemed confident they would bring a fair number as the club have new momentum with change of manager, pro contracts etc. Thanks for info.

They won't suddenly get an extra few hundred fans just because they went professional ... and was that not a bit of a paper exercise so they can actually sell players and get another source of income.