Greg Taylor money

Longballexpert

Don't know why we need to worry as there seems to be a lot of experts a****st our support who think by their opinions  they could be doing a far better job of running our club than the present board are doing bring it on if you think you are good enough!

6 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Don't know why we need to worry as there seems to be a lot of experts a****st our support who think by their opinions  they could be doing a far better job of running our club than the present board are doing bring it on if you think you are good enough!

You seem very angry, calm down it's friday.

2 hours ago, Bbk said:

Imagine people expressing opinions on a forum !

4 hours ago, Fletch said:

I could see what the OP saying as being correct. I'd have hoped we could have agreed £1M after 20 games rather than 20 games this season, that seems a very easy get out for Celtic.

If Celtic wanted to play him, they would and having to pay another £1m isn't going to deter them.

We'll need to wait for the 2019/2020 accounts to get the true figure. If any of the above fees quoted are true then it means to me that our finances are not in as good shape as we thought. £2.2m, was the transfer fee I believed was finally settled at and even that figure was low compared to what he is worth. Frankly I'd be disgusted if we caved into Lawwell.

Not going to start quoting everyone on this thread but we're ripping the board here based on absolutely nothing. Not one word about the transfer fee on this thread is fact and still we feel the need to jump in with opinions based on what wee Jimmy's granny's dug said or thought about how much it was.

If you know anything about Lawwell at all you have to consider that it would be him that wanted the fee to be undisclosed as he would face questions from the Celtic support if they thought their club had paid too much. He doesn't like to be seen as a pushover as it would affect future dealings and negotiations.

The truth of the matter will probably be a mix of all things, my guess, and it is a guess I'm not claiming to have first or even second hand knowledge is that we'd have got a fair bit over £1m up front and the rest would be made up of realistic clauses. Twenty appearances this year - no one would agree to that deal, no one. Possibly 20 appearances overall and I'd add more money in for 10 international appearances which doesn't depend on the parent club.

You won't see it at the AGM this year as that reflects the previous seasons figures, you probably won't see it the following year either as there will be too many factors to determine what was transfer fees and what was not. If we paid debt with some of it then that shows we are operating prudently and sustainably, I just hope they have put some aside to re-invest in the squad which is our core business and essential to our revenue stream.

16 hours ago, Longballexpert said:

Hi guys I was told tonight by a friend that’s close Bowie that the Greg Taylor deal isn’t what it seems. Apparently we accepted a bid of 1.25million and further million would be added on if he plays 20 games this season.

surely that wouldn’t be true ? Tho it does explain maybe that’s why he isn’t starting or featuring even on the bench.

i hope that it’s not true that would be gutting 

One of the worst ever rumours posted on the history of the internet.

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

No harm in asking the question at the AGM but I'd be amazed if there's anything like a £2m increase in revenues.

I would be expecting a lot more than that .Clarke and Smith compo ,2 cup games against Sevco ,increased crowds,3rd in the league plus the Taylor money .We should be rolling in it 

I'm not surprised if we signed a seal that was structured that way. A lot of transfers from "smaller" clubs to "bigger" are usually from one league level to another.

In the GT case why we would believe he wouldn't play most games and get 20 pretty quickly.

The form of the other fullback improved dramatically over the transfer and Greg was able to play... I think he was injured at the time of his transfer.

So a mix of disrupting the team, injury had restricted his playing time. Flexibility if Jonny Hayes to play midfield/winger make him a logical bench selection..

I don't think for 1 second that Celtic don't want to pick him to delay a transfer fee to us.

In the end we will the money as he gets playing time going forward... The impact to us is cash flow... Which is not great but that's how things go.

Sorry, but no club in world football would accept a deal that involved twenty games that season. Player could be injured in his first match costing the selling club potentially a lot of money.

Think a few of you need to put down football manager and come back to the real world.

10 hours ago, Killiepies said:

Well it all happend within a year.Cant think of a better year for cash coming in since we won the Scottish cup 

When is the accounts year end .... May(?).

If so, the the cup games and possibly Clarke compo will be in last year's figures, and the rest in next year's.