Celtic game

Killieboykfc

36 minutes ago, Killie71 said:

I thought it was to do with making it more difficult to jump on to the pitch. Like last time.

That's what I thought too. This behaviour is a known part of the M.O. for each of these supports - they're a late winner away from doing it again, and any outrage from us will look distinctly faux now. 

It's likely to be an extra £5k certainly, I'm pleased we're keeping them to one stand. Any change to that policy would be a difficult thing to accept. 

3 hours ago, Estragon said:

any outrage from us will look distinctly faux now.

No it won't. Cordoning off a couple of rows at the bottom of the stand won't stop them doing anything, they'll just jump over it like they did the old disabled fans shelter. We've upgraded that and done all that is required, if they lose the plot again then its down to them and them alone.

4 hours ago, Estragon said:It's likely to be an extra £5k certainly, I'm pleased we're keeping them to one stand. Any change to that policy would be a difficult thing to accept. 

Agreed but if our support don’t show up for these games or even other games then the boards bold move will be severely tested. 

On 1/18/2020 at 1:44 PM, Fudger said:

Agreed but if our support don’t show up for these games or even other games then the boards bold move will be severely tested. 

Yep. Wednesday night maybe not quite as bad being a wednesday for exiles as such, me coming from Dumfries.

But generally weekend games our support need to show up or the old firm will get the 2nd stand again

5 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Was turned away from the ticket office yesterday, when trying to buy a ticket for the Celtic game, because “they had to sell tickets for the QP game first”.

I tried to buy my daughter a rain jacket for her football yesterday and was told “we don’t dae them”. Alright sound. We really need to get away from this amateur way of running tickets and merchandise. Felt this way for years about the shop and nothing ever changes, if anything it’s actually worse. 

Just now, Fudger said:

I tried to buy my daughter a rain jacket for her football yesterday and was told “we don’t dae them”. Alright sound. We really need to get away from this amateur way of running tickets and merchandise. Felt this way for years about the shop and nothing ever changes, if anything it’s actually worse. 

Very amateurish set up in there. 

I was in pre-xmas looking for a top that they had online. Can’t find it so when i ask i’m told “oh people have been asking for that, we don’t sell it” my suggestion of informing whoever runs the website that maybe it should be removed from said site was met with a blank look. Behind me in the queue a woman asks about another item which is then met with the same answer as i got. 

35 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Was turned away from the ticket office yesterday, when trying to buy a ticket for the Celtic game, because “they had to sell tickets for the QP game first”.

Should also add that this was after having been sent to the ticket office after queuing in the shop, and then queuing at ticket office.

3 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Should also add that this was after having been sent to the ticket office after queuing in the shop, and then queuing at ticket office.

A simple (prominent) notice explaining the ticket situation would have saved you all the time and trouble, or assign someone to that particular task given that the game is less than a week away.
Very strange that a business makes it so difficult to purchase their product.

They don't want people to buy physical tickets which I get, but at the same time don't have a method in place to identify Killie supporters to enable them to buy online. 

Have to say I was surprised to see the number of young folk queueing at the pods yesterday for tickets when this old, decrepit, geezer (me) had his ticket code on his phone. 

Just now, Wrangodog said:

They don't want people to buy physical tickets which I get, but at the same time don't have a method in place to identify Killie supporters to enable them to buy online. 

Have to say I was surprised to see the number of young folk queueing at the pods yesterday for tickets when this old, decrepit, geezer (me) had his ticket code on his phone. 

Me too and they see us old geezers are technophobes.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

If you want I'll pick you up a ticket and leave it hotel reception in case your late? I'll be in killie mid afternoon Wednesday. 

That'd be great, I'll message you, thanks alot 

Someone else kindly offered too, I saw it as a pop up then can't find it to see who it was so thanks also!