Nicke Kabamba

Dieter's Heeder

28 minutes ago, Nigel4 said:

Could put it down to good defending

I think that's being extremely generous.

He was in the box, no goalie, and two defenders on the line. He should score.

However, the guy has had a whirlwind 48 hours or so, and maybe he got a little caught in the headlights so to speak. He scored anyway, so it doesn't matter.

12 hours ago, Grahamc94 said:

Boyd against Aberdeen was it not? 

13 hours ago, piffer said:

I think Boyd might have in the last couple of seasons.

I had a feeling Boydy might have scored with his derrière in the latter years. 

I'm already liking Kabamba. Big, quick, slightly out of control and unpredictable, the opposition don't know what he's going to do next (and possibly neither does he)

Can see him becoming a favourite

Edited by Pompey Exile

On 1/17/2020 at 9:29 PM, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

He was contracted to summer 2021

Kabamba’s move north of the border leaves Pools short of options up front, Challinor felt receiving a five figure fee for a forward who was out of contract at the end of the season was a good piece of business for all parties.

When discussing how the deal came about, the United manager explained: “We’ve had calls about Nicke down south since before I arrived here asking questions but he’s been involved here and I didn’t envisage that changing.

“Kilmarnock made an enquiry late on Thursday and nothing came of it because we said no but then they came back with a formal offer.

“Once that happened, it was about making a decision regarding where that offer sat and whether it was something that was acceptable for all parties.

“I think from our perspective, we’ve got a player who’s out of contract in a few months and we’ve been able to get a fee for him.

“From Nicke’s perspective, it’s given him the security of another year so I think it’s a good move for everyone.”

Following Kabamba’s sale, Hartlepool travelled to Huish Park with two senior strikers in the squad in Aidan Keena and Niko Muir. And despite Kilmarnock’s interest, Kabamba was keen to play at Huish Park before the deal was formally completed.

Challinor added: “Speaking to Nicke on Friday morning, he wanted to come down and play and and he would have played at but he goes with everyone’s best wishes.”

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/hartlepool-united-manager-dave-challinor-explains-why-nicke-kabamba-sale-kilmarnock-was-best-option-1369315

Edited by skygod