Queens Park Match Fred

C4mmy31

16 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

Is it just me or did the passing seem to be delivered at a faster pace. They were pinging balls to one another. much better than some of the games. Also a lot more though the middle using one/twos . wonder if that was because Kilitie has a good touch and is less selfish than Brophy.

To be fair - this was there against Motherwell too. Hopefully just a sign of Dyers message getting through more and more 

5 of the goals from set pieces? Hopefully something we’ve been working on and can get us some points over the next few weeks. 

Set pieces can make such a difference - Rangers have struggled in multiple games this year but won from a late goal from a corner on a few occasions and picked up multiple points 

33 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

Is it just me or did the passing seem to be delivered at a faster pace. They were pinging balls to one another. much better than some of the games. Also a lot more though the middle using one/twos . wonder if that was because Kilitie has a good touch and is less selfish than Brophy.

I thought we played at a higher tempo than we have in a long time. There was always someone for an easy pass as well which has been missing in recent games. You take opposition into account of course but we got a lot more width from our fullbacks. SOD especially played a lot further up the park than he had been.

The other thing which was pleasing for me in the second half when Kiltie dropped back then Connell came on there was that they both wanted to turn and take us forward. El Makrini had done nothing wrong but he was sideways or backward to keep possession when receiving the ball. Having a player there willing to take it on the turn makes a difference especially if you then get runners

20 hours ago, KillieDIV said:

When was the last time we won by 6? I can't remember us ever racking up a score like that. 

....last time I ( think) I saw QP we scored 6 in a gale with rain and glaur  at Hampden in the League Cup section in 1974(?). The last goal was scored by Brian Rodman from the half way line, the ball was overhit and sailed high before almost being blown back and into the net with their goalie flat out in the mud....I didn't see it but somebody suggested McDicken assisted(the goalie!).

Edited by mackpomm

Felt a bit for Kiltie today, started as main striker (not his position), then moved out to wing and Bunn played centrally, then back as main striker ending out on the wing again when Connell came on.

Great to see Findlay back and the young boy Connell also impressed me for the short time he was on.

43 minutes ago, GCM said:

Felt a bit for Kiltie today, started as main striker (not his position), then moved out to wing and Bunn played centrally, then back as main striker ending out on the wing again when Connell came on.

Great to see Findlay back and the young boy Connell also impressed me for the short time he was on.

The latter stages of the match Kiltie started consistently finding good pockets of space in between the lines. He looked at his best doing this and linking play with quick little one twos from Bunn, Niko and anyone around him really. Didn’t think he’d be much of an asset to have back but I’m happy to be proved wrong again and again by him if he plays like he did.

2 minutes ago, jh2633 said:

The latter stages of the match Kiltie started consistently finding good pockets of space in between the lines. He looked at his best doing this and linking play with quick little one twos from Bunn, Niko and anyone around him really. Didn’t think he’d be much of an asset to have back but I’m happy to be proved wrong again and again by him if he plays like he did.

Agree he came more into the game as time went on, just felt first game back and he gets started as main striker and it is not his role. Good luck to the boy.

I’m just going to enjoy that tonight without overanalysing it. Liked what I saw of the new signings and delighted to see Kiltie getting his goal. Have to say Queens Park were dreadful - has to be some of the most shambolic defending of set pieces I’ve ever seen. Tougher tests to come but we’ve struggled plenty of times in these games in the past. A good day’s work.

• CB unpinned this topic
1 minute ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Didn't have a challenging save to make. Was a bit weary of coming out when Findlay was shielded the ball back.

I'd play him in the next cup match but Branescu is still number 1 for me.

I liked that when he got.the ball he looked to get us going quickly. But as prior, wasnt tested save wise

1 hour ago, piffer said:

I thought we played at a higher tempo than we have in a long time. There was always someone for an easy pass as well which has been missing in recent games. You take opposition into account of course but we got a lot more width from our fullbacks. SOD especially played a lot further up the park than he had been.

The other thing which was pleasing for me in the second half when Kiltie dropped back then Connell came on there was that they both wanted to turn and take us forward. El Makrini had done nothing wrong but he was sideways or backward to keep possession when receiving the ball. Having a player there willing to take it on the turn makes a difference especially if you then get runners

Yup i have been moaning about how we need a player or two to control the ball and turn. Kiltie did that and the young lad too. I thought EL Marini did better when Dicker moved to centre half. IMO he has a better range of passes than Dicker. But Dicker tackles better. 

cant judge the Keeper on today. seems better with his feet than big Larry. A fan in front of me today shouted " get backin yer box" because the keeper was half way up the pitch at a corner , I replied " He is a sweeper keeper"  but the fan answered me with " Thats no a sweeper keeper , he thinks he is backy in"   only in scotland would you here that....lol

Not sure anyone would have believed you if you had said before the game...

"We'll win 6-0, the first three goals will be scored by our centre backs. The first two goals will be absolutely identical. The fourth goal will be scored by Kiltie on his birthday, the fifth by our brand new striker scoring with his arse, and the sixth by another centre back. Oh, and Burke will provide all six of them!"