Donati

piffer

On 1/18/2020 at 4:03 PM, C4mmy31 said:

Would that not be AD's choice to be involved at the warm up ?

I think your looking for an issue that doesn't exist.

Of course he is. The OP is a troll and a c**t who’s stirring it.

I’m sure if AD didn’t want Donati he’d be gone. If you watch the dugout during the game you’ll see them both in deep conversation a lot 

Edited by boydiesback

2 hours ago, boydiesback said:

I’m sure if AD didn’t want Donati he’d be gone. If you watch the dugout during the game you’ll see them both in deep conversation a lot 

I noticed both AD & Donatti, gesturing & deep in conversation, standing at the edge of the technical area, shortly before our 1st sub on Saturday. So AD clearly respects Donatti's input on tactical changes etc.

Edited by C4mmy31

A good friend of mine worked at St. Mirren when donati was there (he was part of Jack Ross's transfer team but is still at Sunderland as they wanted to keep him). He told me when donati came he was outstanding at St mirren and that it was a great move for us. He was apparently vey good at the technical coaching side and got the best out of players like Morgan, also a good man manager keeping morale high around the place. 

I for one don't disagree with keeping donati on, he obviously wasn't part of the problem and Dyer and Fow clearly think he's with keeping on. Dyer taking an interest in the warm up is what the players are used to, why change it is he doesn't need to. 

Cheers pal. Can I get that on a plaque to put up on the wall. Have a nice day. 

1 hour ago, boydiesback said:

Excuse me!That is quite an insult to throw at Piffer!I have no doubt he was asking a genuine question based on his observations of the pre-match warm up. Once @boydiesback has been described by Pasca as a "legend" as Piffer has he can consider lacing Piffers goalie gloves!

Dear me. Poor show. Piffer is many things to many people, but he is neither of those things. You really need to wind your neck in with nonsense like that. I'm sure that the big chap will be crying into his goalies gloves, maybe never to recover.

Edited by funky monkey

2 hours ago, Conorsammonbaldyhead said:

A good friend of mine worked at St. Mirren when donati was there (he was part of Jack Ross's transfer team but is still at Sunderland as they wanted to keep him). He told me when donati came he was outstanding at St mirren and that it was a great move for us. He was apparently vey good at the technical coaching side and got the best out of players like Morgan, also a good man manager keeping morale high around the place. 

I for one don't disagree with keeping donati on, he obviously wasn't part of the problem and Dyer and Fow clearly think he's with keeping on. Dyer taking an interest in the warm up is what the players are used to, why change it is he doesn't need to. 

Glad to hear that.

I've no objections to him stepping up to assistant manager assuming that's what's happened. I'd like to see Dyer get the opportunity to bring in another coach too though.

Think it’s a genuine debate re the coaching set up , most new Managers are usually given the backing to at least bring in one Assistant they know

The Manager appointed in the summer was asked or agreed to keep Dyer on but was also given the backing and budget to bring in extra coaching staff , as well as getting a decent salary package himself, then AA was shown the door with also the Italian keeper coach moving out 

Now AD has got the job (at the moment on a short term basis) From reports his only change was moving Billy Thomson up as first team keeper coach again , was he given the choice or budget to make other coaching changes ?

or it  could be just that Dyer is happy to continue working with Donatti assisting ...if that is the case then hopefully they can work together......and it proves a success and AD gets a longer contract 

18 hours ago, stewartonpie said:

It's unfair to put Donati on the shelf since Alessio has left.

Although Donati is former Septic player, don't forget that he has played at the top level, against some of the top footballers in Europe and will have plenty to offer. 

Exactly. He has played for some massive clubs in Italy and played and scored in the Champions League for Celtic. Its pretty disrespectful to completely write off his ability as a coach solely because he was brought in by the previous manager. 

47 minutes ago, KillieDIV said:

Exactly. He has played for some massive clubs in Italy and played and scored in the Champions League for Celtic. Its pretty disrespectful to completely write off his ability as a coach solely because he was brought in by the previous manager. 

If you look at the original post it was purely Donati's lack of involvement with the warm up that was questioned. This would lead me to wondering what his day to day input is? It would appear that nobody really knows and we assume that as AD has kept him involved that he is happy with his contribution.