Chris Burke

Dillinger

1 hour ago, Killieboykfc said:

Aye, seen it was a virus but couldn’t really find any more information about it. 

Seemed quite a serious one by all accounts. 

Don't know the in's and out's but it was a stomach virus which, as you can imagine, meant playing football was more than a mild inconvenience.

On 1/23/2020 at 3:23 PM, Killieboykfc said:

Going back to Burke, does anyone know the illness he was battling with when he was with Ross County?

Sure I read somewhere it was maybe a stomach issue but can’t quite remember. 

I'm sure I read somewhere it was colitis. A very debilitating condition, and one that Darren Fletcher of Man U suffered from. Extract from BBC Sport....

Man United's Darren Fletcher explains ulcerative colitis illness. Fletcher was diagnosed with chronic bowel disease ulcerative colitis in 2011 but has returned after surgery. "You can be running to the toilet 10, 20, 30 times a day and losing a lot of blood," said the Scotland midfielder.

• 2 weeks later...

Really good interview with Burke on Killie TV post-Hearts. 

He sounds like future manager material (not necessarily for us) and I hope we can keep him on next season, maybe in the player/ coach role SC first offered him two years ago! 

He’s bright, positive and speaks well about the group. He’s clearly loving his football these days too. 

After his goal, he said to Brophy that he hadn’t thought he had that pass in him. Brophy replied that he hadn’t either!

Edited by skygod

9 minutes ago, david mcbeth said:

Chris Burke is comfortably one of the best players we have had this millennium.

IMO he is better now than he was when younger.  He said himself he doesn’t have the same pace so has adapted his game a bit.  If he had only done this when he did have his pace.  Btw I never really rated him before, and think he is one of those players a lot of folk consider got picked for Scotland because of the OF thing, but seeing him now can properly understand why he got the caps

Edited by Beaker71

Watching his post match interview, and from previous interviews, we really need to keep this guy around. Playing S long as he can, I'm sure he'll know himself when he's done, but also look into getting him on the coaching staff. He comes across as a model professional, great influence on the squad and has fantastic knowledge of the game. 

Future manager material, if he chooses that path. 

Top player and top person could see his influence in his first few games talking some of our players through the game makes a mockery of all the players and managers who complain about our plastic pitch with his performances on it get him signed up please!,