Three Sixes

CB

3 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

That bankies game was the rebirth of ally Mitchell from memory. He wasn’t in the first team and was linked with a move away. Came on, scored a couple and got himself back involved. The rest is history. Also only game I missed 2 goals cause I was 5 minutes late getting in!

Ally Mitchell was very close to the exit in 1993. 

A swap deal to Partick Thistle for Colin McGlashan was rumoured. Ally was driving through from Fife every day and he would have saved an additional hour a day if he had signed for a Glasgow club. 

1 hour ago, fraz65 said:

Ally Mitchell was very close to the exit in 1993. 

A swap deal to Partick Thistle for Colin McGlashan was rumoured. Ally was driving through from Fife every day and he would have saved an additional hour a day if he had signed for a Glasgow club. 

And how that could have changed killies fortune because he would not have scored the goal that kept clyde up we would have stayed up and lauchlan and his cohorts would still be in charge of our club

16 minutes ago, washoot said:

Watched Killie for nearly 30 years there's not a lot can come close to Ally Mitchell in terms of effort that man ran through brick walls for us 100% every game...LEGEND

My most memorable game is seeing Mitchell score twice against (please don’t tell me I’m wrong) Dundee Utd in the snow.  My grandad took me- he was a lovely guy and Maskrey played a blinder.  I’m sure there was an orange ball that day too.  My grandad moaned at me for getting a cup of tea when I could have had one at home for free.  It’s the wee things....

7 minutes ago, virtuocity said:

My most memorable game is seeing Mitchell score twice against (please don’t tell me I’m wrong) Dundee Utd in the snow.  My grandad took me- he was a lovely guy and Maskrey played a blinder.  I’m sure there was an orange ball that day too.  My grandad moaned at me for getting a cup of tea when I could have had one at home for free.  It’s the wee things....

Yeah remember that one along with so many others 

2 hours ago, CB said:

Here. Have an 8 too.

Well. We needed to go past 6 to get to 8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWmLXUxB5ac

@RayD

I was there, used to live just round the corner fram Medowbank Stadium on Restalrg Drive. People were wandering around in a state of shock st half time when we were 6-0 up.

Jings was that nearly 30 years ago.

3 hours ago, virtuocity said:

Totally forgot about Maskrey, he was some player, loved him when I was a kid. 

10 hours ago, washoot said:

Watched Killie for nearly 30 years there's not a lot can come close to Ally Mitchell in terms of effort that man ran through brick walls for us 100% every game...LEGEND

Loved Ally Mitchell. As you say the guy gave everything and more every game. I loved his goal against celtic when we beat them 2-0 back in 97/98.