Agm

Killietillidieu84

21 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

What is it about this club we can't function if a person is I'll? She will get the blame for lack of signings next.

I'm sure that William Duncan & co are doing our finances now.

Is that the butcher in Bank Street Irvine ?  Maybe they've heard AD is for the chop, but I wouldn't steak my life on it. 

This story of the finance person being off sick does not surprise me one bit, I immediately thought of the experience anytime I try to buy anything from the club...amateur hour. Why would the finance department be any different. 

Last year when I bought my season ticket, I did so with Zebra finance, when I went to collect my tickets I was told they couldn't verify my finance, even though I had a confirmation email from the finance company......and the reason I was given in the shop  (no word of a lie), "you'll need to wait a week until the finance girl comes back from holiday"

52 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

Is it not legally binding to have it within 12 months of previous one? Thought legislation in these things was quite tight. And "the lassie far the finance department isnae well" is a valid reason for postponing it

Not by law no.  Because the club is a private limited company, there's not statutory requirement to hold one each year - although there might be something in the articles of association that requires them to do so, it's unlikely they'd be overly onerous in terms of the timing expectations.

15 minutes ago, Fudger said:

This story of the finance person being off sick does not surprise me one bit, I immediately thought of the experience anytime I try to buy anything from the club...amateur hour. Why would the finance department be any different. 

Last year when I bought my season ticket, I did so with Zebra finance, when I went to collect my tickets I was told they couldn't verify my finance, even though I had a confirmation email from the finance company......and the reason I was given in the shop  (no word of a lie), "you'll need to wait a week until the finance girl comes back from holiday"

This is nothing, Kirsten told me on the phone once that "all the share certificates were in the boot of the Chairman's car"....

Guess who the chairman was at the time?...

1 hour ago, Prahakillie said:

Bill Gates has nothing to do with the day to day running of Microsoft these days. 

Please substitute ‘Bill Gates’ and ‘Microsoft’ for another well known business leader / company combination of your choosing. 
The humorous intent of the original post will remain unchanged. 

1 hour ago, Estragon said:

Not by law no.  Because the club is a private limited company, there's not statutory requirement to hold one each year - although there might be something in the articles of association that requires them to do so, it's unlikely they'd be overly onerous in terms of the timing expectations.

Don't let the actual legalities get in the way of a good moan though! It's absolutely no big deal as its always a non-event anyway. Hopefully they are not waiting until we get a win before holding it!