Celtic home, Fred

CB

1 hour ago, Killie lad said:

And yet we were lucky to not be 3-0 down in 30 mins and we had ‘held our own’ according to you and all the wee happy clappers that red dot folk for expressing their opinions then change them 30 mins later when they actually take their chances. This forum. 

They created a lot more clear-cut chances in the second half, not daft things the keeper fumbling a catch. 

Edited by skygod

It really wasn’t that bad.

Created chances. Looked sharper going forward. Heads didn’t go down at all. Powers tackle was magic. Kabamba is unconventional but looks like he’ll do a job. 

Would have preferred DDFs pace at the back from the start though over Bruce.

All in all, the 2 post break performances have been much better. 

26 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Griffiths a paranoid loser. 

Kabamba a real handful ! looked good 

Bruce and Koprivec need to be replaced next game. 
Findlay being back makes such a difference. 

Power smashing wee Frimpong. Love to see that

So you admit there was never any real positives to be gained from dropping Branescu? Apologise for calling our own player a “c**t” yet?

Feel sorry for El Mak , he came to our club after a career of playing mainly as a defensive midfielder , in his interview he said main strengths was closing down the opposition and covering in front of the defence....... and in most games for us he has been asked to play further up the pitch ......if you watch him in possession his first thought is to protect the ball and look backwards , when out of possession he often drifts deeper ......

since the summer we needed to find a creative attacking midfielder to link our play and move us forward.....and have El Mak compete with Power and Dicker for the defensive midfield slots...

I think we did reasonably well tonight against what Lennon described as an "outstanding" ceptic ! Of course they are a better team than us but we did put them under pressure at times. Of course we lost cheap goals and sadly I think Bruce just doesn't cut it at this level.It was also him who played Morelos onside on Boxing Day. With regards to the frempong "injury" I was disgusted with Dicker. There were 5 ceptic players surrounding the ref putting pressure on him to at least caution Alan Power.Meanwhile Dicker stood on his own pondering how he is going afford a Christmas tree for 2020! A weaker ref would have booked Power given the pressure he was put under. Oh and lennon hopes frempong will be fit for Saturday. I haven't seen the highlights however I would suspect he got injured throwing himself to the ground. 

I thought there were positives tonight. 1st half was as good as we’ve played since November. We needed that goal tonight. Although it was a consolation it was potentially more important than the six on Saturday. We got it against a decent side and we now have a striker who will be flying with confidence. I know we’ve made a habit in the last two seasons of getting vital points in these type of games but where we are right now they won’t define us. 

Hopefully we can address the issues middle to front. El Makrini is not the answer in the centre. He’s done nothing wrong and has a place in the squad but we need someone in the number 10 role or a more dynamic midfielder in front of Power and Dicker.

25 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

Can we all agree that MacDonald isnt any better though please?

I don't agree. Macdonald makes less mistakes than what I've seen so far from both of the new guys. No confidence in them at all.

And as I've said before Bruce is a waste of a wage. Schoolboy defending by playing Griffith onside and yet again he can't even finish 90 minutes.

Brophy made a huge difference. Dyer needs to be brave enough to play two up front and Kabamba looks decent enough if he has some support. Dicker and Power should be strong enough to hold the middle of the park.

Big game on Saturday. Need to pick up something.

25 minutes ago, Graeme S said:

I think we did reasonably well tonight against what Lennon described as an "outstanding" ceptic ! Of course they are a better team than us but we did put them under pressure at times. Of course we lost cheap goals and sadly I think Bruce just doesn't cut it at this level.It was also him who played Morelos onside on Boxing Day. With regards to the frempong "injury" I was disgusted with Dicker. There were 5 ceptic players surrounding the ref putting pressure on him to at least caution Alan Power.Meanwhile Dicker stood on his own pondering how he is going afford a Christmas tree for 2020! A weaker ref would have booked Power given the pressure he was put under. Oh and lennon hopes frempong will be fit for Saturday. I haven't seen the highlights however I would suspect he got injured throwing himself to the ground. 

It was an excellent tackle from Power. Never a foul in a million years.  Would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic to see Brown complaining about it. He's done that all of his career. 

8 minutes ago, All the Wine said:

Any stattos know how close we were to breaking the league record of minutes without scoring? I'm sure I heard on way back from St Johnstone game they held the record with 600odd minutes. 

If we hadn't scored it would have been a Killie club record for league games without scoring. Not sure what our longest goalless minutes run was though.