Celtic home, Fred

CB

8 hours ago, casual observer said:

I’ll fly in the face of most comments on here and say that was a big improvement on the utterly demoralising waste of cash, time and devotion following us was throughout December. We had fight determination and a good solid structure to play from tonight. Everyone knows the deficiencies in the team and squad but some of the chat here tonight is embarrassing. We’ve had many a chasing from the twisteds in years gone past and nothing like the amount of moans and scapegoats names tonight. I’m now more positive for the second half of the season, tempered with a realisation we are still short of numbers in certain positions. The two Jan signings have both improved us with the hope of more to join them. 

Thank you sir, I was reading through this thread and beginning to think I had been at a different game last night.

11 minutes ago, Scooby_Doo said:

Thank you sir, I was reading through this thread and beginning to think I had been at a different game last night.

I think the come down from the SC era is as low for some as the hit was a high.

We were perfectly fine last night, with our known failings showing again.

The gulf between us and the OF (particularly Celtic) is as big as any top league in world football. 

May be defeatism but I am proud of the team/club whenever we at least have a go at them and don’t get hammered. I felt at times last night we did just that. 

the last two seasons were excellent and we genuinely believed we would regularly take points off them and did but it’s not sustainable. Money talks in football sadly and they have an abundance of it compared to us. 

saturday is the real test of where we are a team. 

Did not expect a win last night , Recent form and lack of goals suggesting a Celtic win. So their is no point IMO in slating the Team/Manager , The next two games however are matches we could/need to get positive results, Defeats in those two games will effect morale a lot .

In the game i thought we started off okay , Not quite Steve Clark quality but better than previous six or so games, Looked fairly solid at the back , Only Bruce was a worry as he is to slow and tends to drop off the striker.

The first goal i blame Hammy for trying to press at speed , The fullback went past him to easily, At the pace he was moving Hammy need to win the ball of half him. In the end Frimpong had time to pick someone out.

one goal came from us counter attacking , But Burke was surrounded by Celtic players and had no one to pass to. Celtic then burst forward and Bruce because of his lack of speed dropped off and played the Celtic player onside. 

It was the right Midfield to play for that type of game , But against ST.Johnstone  or Ross County i hope we play with more attacking options , Kiltie in forward midfield position and not Mo....Either drop Mo or Dicker .....

Big Kabamba put in a lot of work , Has a good touch and looks composed when on the ball, Took the goal well. When you think he as only had a couple of training sessions then he did pretty good.

Bunn still not match fit, Can get past first man but them runs out of steam. Good touch and presses well. To early to tell. 

Really big game on Saturday.....So the forums will be noisy on sunday .

For purely life as a supporter the decision is proving a real benefit ---and a lot more safer though can see the loss in monetary terms from cutting back the away fans might sway a reverse which would on the whole be a mistake IMO , and given the funds spent on improving areas behind the family stand and new rail seats etc 

Thought there was more home fans in East stand than in some previous years for such a game 

does anyone have the figures for home end attendances for this season v similar games in previous years 

The game wasn't without positives. A reasonable performance with a couple of bad breaks and silly mistakes. I saw enough in Bunn and Kabamba to say they're an upgrade on Sow and Jackson and will offer us far more. It was good to see SOD, Del Fabro, Findlay, Burke, Power, Dicker and Brophy all be on the pitch at the same time. It seems like it's been a long time since that happened and IMO they're the core of our strongest 11.

The only underperformer for me was Niko. Mo didn't have his best game but he still put in a decent shift. Koprivec was questionable at times.

I think Dyer has sorted out a few glaring issues that we had in the first half of the season. Brophy can't play the lone striker, Kabamba looks like he will be a handful if played up there in a 1 or 2. El Makrini is a decent player but he's not naturally an advanced midfielder, Brophy looks better playing slightly further back from the striker. McKenzie doesn't offer enough going forward from the left, Bunn looks like he has composure and vision.

After Del Fabro came on that's the side I'd like to see start on Saturday depending on what Dyer decides on the goalie.

(Goalie)

SOD-Del Fabro-Findlay-Niko

Burke-Power-Dicker-Bunn

Brophy

Kabamba

3 minutes ago, BR1869 said:

Surprise surprise, the biggest injury Frimpong suffered was to his ego. 

C73E3661-2E46-48ED-9EBE-014DCCE6C451.jpeg

Talking to a couple of Celtic fans today and that’s what they thought. They reckoned it was the first time he’d been on the end of a proper tackle. A welcome to men’s football. The boys gone down and realised he’s not playing with boys anymore

9 hours ago, stripes1869 said:

Won't be in trouble for the tackle, was a great challenge! 

Fair enough, we were behind Frimpong and it didn't look good. As I said earlier Celtic are good at referee manipulation and Brown, Forster, and the rest of the team were straight in the referee's face after the incident. 

13 minutes ago, jh2633 said:

Don’t know how anyone could watch 90 minutes last night and think Power should have been subbed off. He’s easily the best midfielder we have; sits deep but can look comfortable with close touches. Good passing range and excellent breaking up of play. Maybe it’s a case of the TV showing a different game but he was excellent last night yet again.

Agreed,.

Power was superb. Dicker and El Makrini not so much.

Would rather take money from betting companies than give that shower another stand. Two footballs disappeared, one looked like it was burst, and the usual IRA crap. Don't imagine the standing area in the Moffat would survive if we went back to giving them two stands either. Although we lost it was good to walk out of the ground without any hassle. Can't remember them being made to exit the Rugby Road end before ? 

6 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Would rather take money from betting companies than give that shower another stand. Two footballs disappeared, one looked like it was burst, and the usual IRA crap. Don't imagine the standing area in the Moffat would survive if we went back to giving them two stands either. Although we lost it was good to walk out of the ground without any hassle. Can't remember them being made to exit the Rugby Road end before ? 

We got one baw back, not sure about the other one. 

Thought there were signs of improvement in a lot of areas of our team last night but losing two cheap goals especially the third killed the momentum we had going into the last 15 mins and typical cheating and diving going unpunished by the officials and as has been said the next two games now key and we lost 3 balls big Forster booted the ball into the away fans at the end again no action taken but hey it was ceptic  after all!

10 hours ago, mitch14 said:

I thought there were a lot of positives to take from tonight.

Team looked far better organised, playing at better pace and more as a unit. 

I think Bunn looks the part and is getting us up the pitch in ways McKenzie and Millar weren't. 

Kabamba did exactly what Dyer said he'd signed him for - occupied defenders and caused bother. I think he'll be good and keep teams guessing. 

Findlay makes an enormous difference. His delivery is great. 

Having genuine attacking options on the bench was good to see finally and Kiltie didn't look out of place. A few moments where Kabamba and Bunn not on the same wavelength as everyone else - yhat will come. 

Biggest negative is the keepers. Neither are good enough. Hope there's something in Bachmann coming back. 

I thought Bruce was costing us too, but suspect that selection was partly because Del Fabro was coming back from injury. 

Big frustrating take away from me tonight - that's the sort of squad we should have started the season with. Couple of signings like Bunn and Kabamba and I reckon we'd be up in the fight for fourth...

Finally an objective post! The amount of fannies on this forum that spout absolute garbage does my nut in. You KNOW who YOU are. As stated previously  this was 100 times better than the St Mirren game and the new guys have certainly freshened us up. Apparently we are meant to beat Celtic every time we play them at RP - our squad with a player's average annual salary of £68,000 compared to Celtic's £750,000 . I just shake my head in disgust at some of our so-called 'supporters'. Why don't you just head up the M77 with the rest of the glory hunters and bigots and leave the true supporters to attend Rugby Park. I have no issues with people having their own opinions and criticising as long as it is CONSTRUCTIVE.  We've now got options how we play and I am now looking forward to the rest of the season.

37 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Fair enough, we were behind Frimpong and it didn't look good. As I said earlier Celtic are good at referee manipulation and Brown, Forster, and the rest of the team were straight in the referee's face after the incident. 

I was restricted to tv pictures but it didn’t look like many Killie players stepped in here. Was this the case. It shouldn’t be an issue but we know Scottish refs are easily influenced. Generally I think we seem quite a quiet team and give opponents and refs an easy time of it. 

3 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

Guessing it has to go up at the 90 minute point then add additional time to cover the period stopped within injury time.

Correct. The number shown is a minimum amount of added time. Ref's discretion to add more during it. I think we ended up with a total of 8 minutes.

1 hour ago, Fudger said:

We got one baw back, not sure about the other one. 

Passed a jakey wiry smug c*nt with the ball out in the open for all to see at the traffic lights at Dundonald road.

Absolute shower.

Serious request for next season...can we put up a big fence in front of the away end?

If we are keeping current pitch dimensions, we should re-line it for next year as near to the home end as possible and have a 15-foot c*nt-proof fence right behind the goal net, which would put it (give or take) where the current goal-posts are now.

Surely that's enough space for fan safety and stewards to operate behind? 

Edited by dasboag

18 minutes ago, BR1869 said:

I actually thought the ref was a bit soft on a fair bit of Celtic’s behaviour. 

Forster should have been booked for time wasting and Johnston’s dive should have been reprimanded. 

Griffiths should have been booked for the two times he pushed a player while they were jumping.

Third time he ended up causing an injury.

Cowardly way of doing things.