Safe Standing

funky monkey

I thought the safe standing made a great difference to the atmosphere last night. Well done to the folks in there for making a noise throughout the game. Obviously, giving 'them' one stand helps as well despite the financial implications. Too often we've been silent at home in these games. Numbers in the East Stand too were decent given our poor run of form and the folks in the safe Standing area certainly provided a lead in creating an atmosphere in the stand overall. Keep it up folks 

2 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye agreed.

Support has definitely massively improved for these games. I think had that been on a Saturday we'd have had even more.

Think there were 8300 there last night so a split 50/50 between us and them. Can only see our support in these games getting better so massive well done to the club.

The home crowd against the Old Firm seems to have almost doubled it seems.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

As for financial hit - we played them on a Wednesday night in August 2015 and the crowd was 6,090.

We are on the right track with these games.

Totally agree , both on a personal level going to these games and for long term future . Funds been spent on and around the family stand for our fans .....the increase has not been as large as hoped  but signs been promising ...

Much better home crowd for an OF midweek match - if they had two stands we would have had less than 3k home fans.  We would definitely have had more if the game had been on a Sat and not a late Jan midweek.

We need to continue doing all we can to encourage more Killie fans to attend these fixtures as the 'intimidation factor' has gone IMO.

49 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Walking to and from the game was great.

Amazing how quiet they get when they don't have the majority of the crowd.

Yes would totally agree.and folk with young kids can't make an excuse now .get them along to these games as they will enjoy it with a big crowd being in 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

As for financial hit - we played them on a Wednesday night in August 2015 and the crowd was 6,090.

We are on the right track with these games.

Very, very good to hear.

As a like-for-like comparison it is encouraging.

The comparison should not be the last game of last season. That is our maximum level.

Edited by NorfolkG

Makes such a difference reducing them to 1 stand. The atmosphere is so much better from a home perspective. We would never have had 4000 home fans at an old firm game if they still had both stands. 

If we weren't on such a poor run and if it was a saturday that could've been higher again. Great move from the club.

The standing section is just behind me and did a great job of getting the songs going, a lot more folk than normal joining in. Just wish that more folk would go to the moffat section aswell as atm it's looking like a bit of a waste.

If they sold out both stands we might lose 100k a game by reducing their allocation but we've sold more season tickets as a result, and by including the old firm games in the ST we'll make more money per ticket. That along with higher home gates means the hit won't be as big as it's made out.

My mate and I moved our season tickets to the standing area recently, in part so we didn't have to listen to the most negative, apathetic, moany old bawbag that sat next to us and I wish we had done it sooner. 

Much prefer standing at the football and by christ the atmosphere is better. 

Excellent move by the Trust and the board to make it happen. 

1 hour ago, Mclean07 said:

Those figures are definitely an improvement, given midweek, on sky and £27. Also, especially given the run we are on and the poor vibe around the club. Absolute priority now is to get the ridiculous ticket situation sorted out as we know for a fact people can’t be bothered with the circus surrounding getting one. If we could get the home support up to five thousand that would make another big difference. 

Agreed, had somebody told me 3 years ago we'd have over 4,000 home fans for a midweek home game vs Celtic in January off the back of 5 defeats out of 5 and heading towards a SPL record for minutes without a single goal, then I'd have laughed at them.

Long way to go but we are headed in the right direction.

I remember going to game v celtic when rodgers and lee clarke were in charge midweek,  january night,  freezing,  celtic had 2 stands and sang from 1st minute to last wee were lucky if wee had 2000 there  and i didnt  even here 1 song (appart from the 69th min wee want johnston out chant lol )break out. Bill leckie had a full double page picture of the east stand almost empty stating how sad it is that rugby park  that was once full of colour and noise had turned into a morgue. Couldnt make the game last night but watched it on tv but even know the stands were full of empty seats which will usually be the case  so to here the fans sing with passion trying to match they animals even know were in a bit of a slump was just f**king music to my ears KTID